Been thinking....

groupie

Elect
Reaction score
Excuse me while I vent - I have been thinking a lot about Iva Bartley passing away for some reason. She was always quite friendly (and very funny!!) to me during my FBC days. The comment someone made about God judging her for leaving infuriated me.

Her death took my back to loads of memories of my time there and back then I never, ever would have thought my life would be any different. Back then, I would have guessed Brother Hyles would still be popping out of the choir ready room door and all the same faces would still be there. Things change, people pass away, preachers quit, get fired, move on, people leave churches, people fall, people have victory etc.

I wish I could say I was at the top of the hill in life, but it I live as long as my dad did, I am more on the midway part of the down slope.
I kind of decided today to start living each day to its fullest. Enjoying all the little things and actually taking time out to enjoy them. I am going to put the bad memories, the arguments over this belief or that belief, and all the other junk life has to offer out for the trash man to pick up an haul away.

I have been holding on to a lot of hurts, mistreatment and ill feelings from my departure from FBC - its time to live!!!

groupie, what a great post from the heart... Iva was a lot of fun and if you didn't like her you missed out...I also agree live each day to the fullest...God bless you my friend

That is a great way to live.

We could all benefit from a chane of heart like that.

Great advise for us all.

Keep us posted on  how this change imrpoves your life in general & how it effects those around you.