Beverly Hyles

So, prophet, is your point that slander is an acceptable Christian practice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prophet said:
FSSL said:
prophet said:
The truth is never wrong

Correction: Speaking the truth in love is never wrong.
No, that isn't "correction".
It was intrinsically true as a stand alone statement.
So, it needed no "correction".

I agree with your statement, of course, but probably not with your definition of "love".
Jesus loved to point out the hypocrisy around Him...
Paul slandered many people in his epistles...
Peter was strait up rough..
Truth is truth. It needs no apologetics.
Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Paul was very critical of those he disagreed with, but do you think slander is the proper word to describe this disagreement.

Assorted definitions of slander
Slander: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Slander: A false tale or report maliciously uttered. and tending to injure the reputation of another by lessening him in the esteem of his fellow citizens, by exposing him to impeachment and punishment, or by impairing his means of living; defamation.

Slander: (v)To defame; to injure by maliciously uttering a false report respecting one; to tarnish or impair the reputation of one by false tales, maliciously told or propagated.

Slander: oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit.

Slander: Words falsey spoken to damage a person's reputation.

FSSL said:
So, prophet, is your point that slander is an acceptable Christian practice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at my posts, and I believe that I allowed for the fact that "slander" wasn't the best term.

I meant "criticize", I guess.

I certainly wasn't accusing Paul of any wrong doing.

Neither was I condoning "bearing false witness".

I was pointing out that Paul named people and their weaknesses/sins, without fear of being called mean.

So did Peter, as well.

Sorry for the confusion.

sword said:
prophet said:
FSSL said:
prophet said:
The truth is never wrong

Correction: Speaking the truth in love is never wrong.
No, that isn't "correction".
It was intrinsically true as a stand alone statement.
So, it needed no "correction".

I agree with your statement, of course, but probably not with your definition of "love".
Jesus loved to point out the hypocrisy around Him...
Paul slandered many people in his epistles...
Peter was strait up rough..
Truth is truth. It needs no apologetics.
Paul was very critical of those he disagreed with, but do you think slander is the proper word to describe this disagreement.

Assorted definitions of slander
Slander: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Slander: A false tale or report maliciously uttered. and tending to injure the reputation of another by lessening him in the esteem of his fellow citizens, by exposing him to impeachment and punishment, or by impairing his means of living; defamation.

Slander: (v)To defame; to injure by maliciously uttering a false report respecting one; to tarnish or impair the reputation of one by false tales, maliciously told or propagated.

Slander: oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit.

Slander: Words falsey spoken to damage a person's reputation.
No, slander was the wrong word.

How bout just acting like God has done something in your life........

Even if you were right you did not act in love.

Saved by Grace said:
How bout just acting like God has done something in your life........

Even if you were right you did not act in love.

Ouch!

That'll leave a mark!

Frag said:
A queen.  RIP

The Blessed Virgin Beverly.

Add Dave to the mix, and the fundies can have their own version of Jesus, Mary and Joseph to venerate.

Ransom said:
Frag said:
A queen.  RIP

Add Dave to the mix, and the fundies can have their own version of Jesus, Mary and Joseph to venerate.

Well, we will all have our turn at the judgment seat.  You included. 

Until then, keep hurling the first stone... 

I have always wondered how much Beverly knew.