Bible proof for a Pre-trib. Rapture of the Body of Christ

Biblebeliever

Elect
Reaction score
It is becoming more apparent to me and I am sure others, that one of the reasons why the post-tribbers are persistent in trying to prove that somehow the Christians (members of Christ's body) will somehow go through the Great tribulation is because they feel that we who believe the Pre-trib. Rapture Doctrine are, (in their minds) just trying to avoid persecution. But when one studies the word of God and sees what it says and teaches about the time of Jacob's trouble, it will become clear that the time of Jacob's trouble is not about persecution, at least not generally.

But that the time of Jacob's trouble is really about the wrath of the Lamb. It is God's wrath that will be poured upon the earth during the time of Jacob's trouble (the 7 year tribulation period).

Here is Scripture that testifies to this fact:

Revelation 6:16-17

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Revelation 11:18

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 15:1

15 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Revelation 15:7

7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Revelation 16:1

16 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Revelation 16:15-21

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. 18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. 19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. 20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. 21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Throughout the book of Revelation; we see the wrath of God being mentioned. It should be clear to any student of the Bible that the time of Jacob's trouble is mainly about the wrath of God.

And notice that the verse first mention of wrath in the book of Revelation, it is referring to the wrath of the Lamb. Who is the Lamb? It is the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is the wrath of the Lord Jesus Christ that causes the wicked to cry out to the mountains and rocks for them to fall on them and to hide them from the wrath of the Lamb (Rev. 6:16-17).

And to think that there are Christians out there who seriously think that God would pour out His wrath upon the Body of His own Son? It makes no sense.

Why would God pour out His wrath upon the Body of Christ?

The Bible several times clearly says that we (born again Christians) have been delivered and saved from the wrath to come:

Romans 5:9

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

When the Scriptures declare that we have been delivered from the wrath to come, I believe there is a dual application for us.

IN that it is not only teaching us that we have been delivered from the wrath of God in the Lake of Fire, but also from the wrath of God in the time of Jacob's trouble (7 year tribulation).

1 Thessalonians 5:9 clearly tells us that we are not appointed to wrath. The context being God's wrath. And again, while it is referring to the wrath of God in Hell and the Lake of Fire, it is also referring to the wrath of the Lamb in the time of Jacob's trouble (Daniel's 70th week).

This should be very clear folks. Each time the Bible says that we have been delieverd and saved from wrath, the context is always the wrath of God.

And not the wrath of men. In this life, we will experience the wrath of men, and also the wrath of Satan. After all; at this present time, Satan is the prince of the power of the air (Eph. 2:2) and he is the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4). Furthermore, the perseuction which the Christian martrys have faced down through the centuries from the Papacy and Roman catholic church (the mother of harlots/whore of Babylon) was a result of both the wrath of Satan and also the wrath of men (evil, wicked men controlled by Satan at his will).

I have shared this video teaching before, but it is very important to share it again, especially in this post because it further shows the truth of what I just shared:

PreTribulation Persecution (eleventhhournews.com)

Published on May 13, 2012
http://www.eleventhhournews.com

The Church of Jesus Christ faces persecution and that INCLUDES the American Churches.

This video will clarify that fact that while the Pre-Tribulation Rapture guarantees that God will not pour out His wrath on believers, the Pre-Trib Rapture does NOT have anything, at all, to do with persecution that has taken place in the lives of believers since 30 AD and right up until this present day.

http://www.kjvbiblebelievers.com

So for those who are still struggling to believe the Bible Doctrine of the Pre-trib. Rapture, one of the main thigns you must understand is that the Great tribulation is not about persecution, but that it is mainly about the wrath of God through a series of seven vial, seven trumpet, and seven seal judgments.

And collectively, all 21 of these Judgments are from God.

God said in His word that He saved and delivered us from the wrath to come. He delivered us from His wrath (Rom. 5:9, 1 Thess. 1:10).

And so for those who continue to persist in trying to convince the Body of Christ that they are going to have to go through the time of Jacob's trouble (7 year tribulation) after reading this and seeing what the Scriptures clearly say on this matter, those same people are basically calling God a liar. And that is very serious. I believe that God takes that very seriously.

Therefore; for those of you who are still denying the Bible Doctrine of the Pre-trib. Rapture and who have been mocking it, understand that if you do not repent of your error, and continue in teaching the false doctrine that somehow the Body of Christ will have to go through the 7 year tribulation period, well then be assured of this one thing, you will answer to God for it. You will give account of yourself.

We are mocking your dispensational heresy.
We don't care if you are trying to avoid tribulation, you won't.
We wonder how you, who claims to be KJVO, can fall for the heresies of the biggest Bible correctors of the last 2 centuries.
Darby, Schofield, Torrey...and Calvin before them...and you probably don'teven know it.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
We are mocking your dispensational heresy.

No, you are mocking Bible Doctrine.

prophet said:
We don't care if you are trying to avoid tribulation, you won't.

The time of Jacob's trouble is about Gods wrath.  And the body of Christ is not appointed to God's wrath.

prophet said:
We wonder how you, who claims to be KJVO, can fall for the heresies of the biggest Bible correctors of the last 2 centuries.
Darby, Schofield, Torrey...and Calvin before them...and you probably don'teven know it.

Anishinaabe

Where Scofield, Darby,  Torrey, and Calvin attempted to correct the text of the Holy Scriptures,  they were absolutely wrong and in error. And they will have to answer to God for it.

And by the way, Darby,  Scofield,  Torrey, etc. are not my Final Authority. My Final Authority is the King James Holy Bible.

Just a question. Assuming the pre-trib rapture position is correct because the "body of Christ" will not see God's wrath, why do those who convert during the tribulation face God's wrath? Are they not also part of the body?

subllibrm said:
Just a question. Assuming the pre-trib rapture position is correct because the "body of Christ" will not see God's wrath, why do those who convert during the tribulation face God's wrath? Are they not also part of the body?
That is a great question!

Of course, those who follow the pretrib error that Darby gave us, will say that that falls under some dispensation involving the reintroduction of works salvation, or an unreasonable facsimile.

Anishinaabe

subllibrm said:

Tribulation saints will have to endure unto the end to be saved.

And no; the tribulation saints are not apart of the Body of Christ. Salvation in the time of Jacob's trouble is different. The very means of Salvation during the time of Jacob's trouble is different than the means of Salvation today in the Church Age.

A lot of the men and women who convert to Christ will be beheaded during the time of Jacob's trouble. Because if they refuse to take the mark of the beast, then the antichrist will order for them to be killed by beheading.

[quote author=Biblebeliever]And no; the tribulation saints are not apart of the Body of Christ. Salvation in the time of Jacob's trouble is different. The very means of Salvation during the time of Jacob's trouble is different than the means of Salvation today in the Church Age. [/quote]

Nothing like a bit of heresy in the forums to make my day better.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=Biblebeliever]And no; the tribulation saints are not apart of the Body of Christ. Salvation in the time of Jacob's trouble is different. The very means of Salvation during the time of Jacob's trouble is different than the means of Salvation today in the Church Age.

[/quote]

You know that "It is finished" really only meant mostly finished.  ;)

subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:
[quote author=Biblebeliever]And no; the tribulation saints are not apart of the Body of Christ. Salvation in the time of Jacob's trouble is different. The very means of Salvation during the time of Jacob's trouble is different than the means of Salvation today in the Church Age.

You know that "It is finished" really only meant mostly finished.  ;)
[/quote]I guess God is now like that irresponsible parent in Wal-Mart. It's finished for now, cuz I don't want to be bothered with you?

Anishinaabe

Seems clear we have a hyper-dispy here in BB...makes regular dispies want to change view. Much like the full-preterist's do the A-mills.

T-Bone said:
Seems clear we have a hyper-dispy here in BB...makes regular dispies want to change view. Much like the full-preterist's do the A-mills.
Very Ruckmanite, which always amazes me...because the Bible Correctors : Darby, Torrey, and  Schofield , and Rice, gave them their heresy.
How can staunch AV defenders stand with those who brought in the m.v.s?  What strange bedfellows dispensationalism makes.

It is really just more of the worship of the intellect of man, like Calvin, Augustine, Origen,  and so many others.

Anishinaabe

wrath and tribulation or persecution are not the same thing ... we will be saved from the wrath of hell

but not from being persecuted to death, but apparently some hide and escape but many will be

murdered when not accepting the anti christs mark of the beast

Job, Noah, Daniel, etc were all saved THROUGH persecution, not from it, same with end times saints

we are saved THROUGH tribulation not from it and tribulation is not the wrath of GOD the wrath

of GOD is judgment and destruction of all the wicked people