BibleProject.com

voicecrying

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Do any of you have experience with bibleproject.com? One of the guys in my men's group suggested doing one of the video series. I have never heard of it before. Is it solid, spit-out-the-bones, or avoid like the plague?

Do any of you have experience with bibleproject.com? One of the guys in my men's group suggested doing one of the video series. I have never heard of it before. Is it solid, spit-out-the-bones, or avoid like the plague?
My understanding is that they are wishy washy on the Penal Substitutionary aspect of the atonement,

They're easy enough to look up.

Theoretically they seem solid. However there is a "process" that by its name raised a red flag: Open Mindedness... Might be just how they word it who knows?

They are a product of Multnomah University (formerly Bible College)

Last edited:
True dat, but I asked if any one here had experience with them. :)
Not I.

Until today.

After doing some light research, I found they come from a school I was familiar with back in the day.

Dr. Tim (can anything good come out of Portland?) Mackie is apparently a sound theologian but there are going to be differences between him and someone from more of a fundamentalist background. Hence, my mention of his "process" of having an open mind. The fundamentalist in me went into fightin' mode. Upon closer look, I saw he doesn't seem to be using that terminology the way I have been conditioned to believe others do.

So, to answer your other question about spitting out bones or avoiding the plague, I'd say you could do much worse than this guy. If you're so inclined, give a listen... I don't think you'll burst into flames like an NIV at HAC.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting link to the ministry that inspired the founder of BibleProject.com to get into the ministry.

It's all interconnected...

Tim Mackie, Multnomah University, Luis Palau...