Bill Wininger

abp

Elect
Reaction score
Are these allegations true and proven or is it an accusation?

BALAAM said:
Are these allegations true and proven or is it an accusation?

Umm, aren't allegation and accusation pretty much the same thing?

Or are you saying that they have to be proven before he can be tried? ???

Since the whole point of a trial is to prove guilt or innocence I would think it to be a good thing.

If there is evidence to justify a trial, then there should absolutely be a trial.

However, the idea of trying someone based on a petition is extremely disturbing.

rsc2a said:
If there is evidence to justify a trial, then there should absolutely be a trial.

However, the idea of trying someone based on a petition is extremely disturbing.
I agree.  'Slippery slope' being over-used in our society, I find it apropos here.

Anishinabe

Okay - this is the guy who wrote "A Church Falsely Accused" about his time in Michigan, right?

He has been in GA for quite a while and lost a teen daughter in a car wreck many years ago. 

Are these allegations the same as from Michigan, or did something new just come out?  Did he leave his position as pastor?

I hardly believe he would step down for a whimsical petition since he has led a church through things before.  Also, he has quite the setup over there, with luxury vehicles and national speaking engagements and......  Would be hard to walk away from just because.

hmm...

Our Pastor section of the website is under construction and the Contact Us returns a 404.  Inclined to believe the rumor is true.

He had taken the church over from Wayne Cowling...need I say more!

He resigned because he was caught in an affair (age of the other person unknown).

The allegations are from Michigan but not the same from the book he wrote. In fact, one of the girls that wrote a letter about the alleged indiscretions, her father was one of those accused and spent time in jail.

qwerty said:
He resigned because he was caught in an affair (age of the other person unknown).

The allegations are from Michigan but not the same from the book he wrote. In fact, one of the girls that wrote a letter about the alleged indiscretions, her father was one of those accused and spent time in jail.
Wasn't the Leonard girl, was it?

Anishinabe

prophet said:
qwerty said:

Anishinabe

That is he father in law... so guess she is related to both men who were accused.

qwerty said:
prophet said:
qwerty said:

Anishinabe

That is he father in law... so guess she is related to both men who were accused.

So...

The accusation is that while this girl's dad was being "Falsely Accused," her pastor was molesting her.  She then grew up and married the son of the other guy who was "Falsely Accused."  Roughly a year ago, probably after the police said "Not enough evidence to try this good man," she puts her story online.  It is now re-circulating because the "good man" was caught in an affair.

Am I right?

Binaca Chugger said:
qwerty said:
prophet said:
qwerty said:

Anishinabe

So...

The accusation is that while this girl's dad was being "Falsely Accused," her pastor was molesting her.  She then grew up and married the son of the other guy who was "Falsely Accused."  Roughly a year ago, probably after the police said "Not enough evidence to try this good man," she puts her story online.  It is now re-circulating because the "good man" was caught in an affair.

Am I right?

Not sure I would ever use the term "good man" about Wininger.  Personally know him and some of his past, he pegs out the creep-o-meter.  Just stating facts regarding the person making the accusation.

Facts will determine his fate unless he tries to settle his fate on his own again.