Bingeable (TV or YouTube)

I understand. We got rid of cable/satellite years ago because of the ridiculous cost. We only have basic TV and then we pay for Netflix/Prime/Disney. I still have a kid at home and also younger nieces/nephews who occasionally visit, so we keep a little TV available, otherwise I might just stick with basic antenna TV.
If we could get anything from an antenna down here in the valley, we would use that option. But, in order to get anything we would have to have an antenna at least 35 feet in the air. We're not going to do that. We don't lilke paying for Peacock, but, it's the only way we can get some of the decent national news.

It took a long time, but recently completed watching the Little House on the Prairie series—all nine seasons. I was really too young to watch it when it was being broadcast live, but I grew up seeing some of the reruns on broadcast TV. I think even my teenage daughter enjoyed most of the episodes. 1699709496066.jpeg

It took a long time, but recently completed watching the Little House on the Prairie series—all nine seasons. I was really too young to watch it when it was being broadcast live, but I grew up seeing some of the reruns on broadcast TV. I think even my teenage daughter enjoyed most of the episodes. View attachment 4903
To me, this is the makings of a diabetic coma.

To me, this is the makings of a diabetic coma.

More like cirrhosis of the liver and alcohol poisoning. Michael Landon was always drunk on the set and Melissa Gilbert reported that the constant smell of alcohol on her "Pa" was what likely led her later on to be drawn to men who liked to drink!

It took a long time, but recently completed watching the Little House on the Prairie series—all nine seasons. I was really too young to watch it when it was being broadcast live, but I grew up seeing some of the reruns on broadcast TV. I think even my teenage daughter enjoyed most of the episodes.

I grew up watching some early seaons of Little House. When I saw some later episodes in the early 80s, I didn't have the same interest. I think I saw it as a show about pioneer kids, and so when the Ingallses moved into town, grew up, got married, etc. I just didn't see it as the same kind of program and it didn't hold quite the same appeal to 11-year-old me.

More like cirrhosis of the liver and alcohol poisoning. Michael Landon was always drunk on the set and Melissa Gilbert reported that the constant smell of alcohol on her "Pa" was what likely led her later on to be drawn to men who liked to drink!
i have never seen little house on the prairie.... but i had a very different reaction than gilbert to having alcohol breath blown into my face as a child... .. i can;t stand alcohol breath even from a distance.. .. and i can smell it from 30 feet away.....always makes me want to barf or turn around and run... few things more nauseating... ...

i saw the trailer for this.....and it looked pretty interesting... ... ..ever since reading the rhyme of the ancient mariner in high school i have been intrigued by stories of ghost ships and cursed crews... ...in fact i wish some director would make an honest and accurate version of that for movie or television..... ......i think the last thing i binge watched was wednesday addams on netflx... ....will do it again if they finally renew the series.... :cool:

I like the smell of whiskey.
i like the smell of black rum... when the bottle is freshly uncorked and you can smell the fumes... :giggle:.. ..but i don;t like the smell of rum, or any etoh beverage, when it comes back out on someones breath after being consumed ..😣.. ..or even worse when it comes back up in a drunkards barf...😖. ..not even the one and only time i drank an alcoholic beverage myself and it was my own barf... :confused:..mixed with pizza.. :(... ..i ended up with a twisted knee - sprained ankle - and a concussion over that one....:rolleyes:. .. ... ... but unlike most college students i did learn my lesson.. ..and never touched it again....

i saw the trailer for this.....and it looked pretty interesting... ... ..ever since reading the rhyme of the ancient mariner in high school i have been intrigued by stories of ghost ships and cursed crews... ...in fact i wish some director would make an honest and accurate version of that for movie or television..... ......i think the last thing i binge watched was wednesday addams on netflx... ....will do it again if they finally renew the series.... :cool:
It will make you think. Every time I thought I had figured out the plot, I discovered I was lost again. It’s kind of like a weird version of Titanic.

It will make you think. Every time I thought I had figured out the plot, I discovered I was lost again. It’s kind of like a weird version of Titanic.
i will definitely check it out.... .... not sure about the other one though... the watcher..... those kinds of movies are among the few that can give me nightmares.. ... but i will say it reminds me of what i was taught many years ago when i was given a very special christmas present... .. it has to do with there being no artery on an attackers body that cannot be opened by a 4 inch stilletto wielded by the trained arm of a determined defender...... :sneaky:

i will definitely check it out.... .... not sure about the other one though... the watcher..... those kinds of movies are among the few that can give me nightmares.. ... but i will say it reminds me of what i was taught many years ago when i was given a very special christmas present... .. it has to do with there being no artery on an attackers body that cannot be opened by a 4 inch stilletto wielded by the trained arm of a determined defender...... :sneaky:
I liked all of the watcher episodes except the last one. It got kind of goofy, but it was still good overall. I feel like you’d probably enjoy 1899 more. If you like that genre of ghost ships, check out a movie called Triangle. It was low budget and not terribly successful at the box office, but I’ve probably watched it at least four times. It’s loosely based on the Greek mythological story of Sisyphus.

I've binged many things that were not good.

Stay away from these, you have to skip ahead every time they show nudity. (I hate that)
Game of Thrones
NYPD Blue
Vikings
Billions

But these, now, are ok.
Downton Abbey. I've watched the whole thing 3 times with my wife.
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Lark Rise to Candleford (Similar to DOwnton Abbey but not just rich people.)

The Office, but they do talk about sex a little too much, like every episode.

I have been watching "Young Sheldon" and often find myself out of breath from laughing! I am already on Season 5.

Never watched "Big Bang Theory" but now I may have to find out where it is streaming and binge this after I am done with Young Sheldon.

I have been watching "Young Sheldon" and often find myself out of breath from laughing! I am already on Season 5.

Never watched "Big Bang Theory" but now I may have to find out where it is streaming and binge this after I am done with Young Sheldon.
I've watched a few seasons, but it descended into constantly talking about sex.

I have binged on M*A*S*H*. I think I've seen every episode. Meh...

I think I've also seen most of the episodes of Mythbusters.

I'm not much of a TV watcher anymore. I'm sure most people have watched more TV this past week than I have all year.

However, if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to watch something, I'd request TAXI, WKRP in Cincinnati, and Night Court.

I have binged on M*A*S*H*. I think I've seen every episode. Meh...

I think I've also seen most of the episodes of Mythbusters.

I'm not much of a TV watcher anymore. I'm sure most people have watched more TV this past week than I have all year.

However, if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to watch something, I'd request TAXI, WKRP in Cincinnati, and Night Court.
Definitely Taxi!

What does a yellow light mean anyway?

Definitely Taxi!

What does a yellow light mean anyway?
SLOW DOWWWWN! 😂🤣

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

Looking at recent pictures of Loni Anderson... Good thing she has beautiful teeth... because her skin is pulled so tight she'll never get her mouth closed...😱

Last edited: