Bob Gray Blog

Vince Massi

Elect
Reaction score
Bob Gray?s Blog  January 11, 2017

Let me share something that burdened Dr. Hyles. Although he trusted the leaders of his schools, I heard him say on more than one occasion that it concerned him how many who worked in the schools tried to control the students by making up new rules. He had no part in some of the things for which he has been blamed. They were instituted by people who were really not leaders, but merely held a position.

Vince Massi said:

Let me share something that burdened Dr. Hyles. Although he trusted the leaders of his schools, I heard him say on more than one occasion that it concerned him how many who worked in the schools tried to control the students by making up new rules. He had no part in some of the things for which he has been blamed. They were instituted by people who were really not leaders, but merely held a position.

Harry Truman would be so disappointed with Jack's passing of the buck.

https://youtu.be/kaM-prl6IYQ

In case Blob Gray is lurking:

The Deacon board of FBCHammond made the rules at all of the schools, including HAC.

Hyles was the moderator of the Deacons meetings.

The teachers could submit an idea, but they couldn't control the process by which it became a rule.
They weren't in the meetings where the votes were made.

I've seen teachers get lined out publicly, for trying to enforce an unofficial rule....not pretty.

So this is pure nonsense

Sent from my LGL43AL using Tapatalk

Vince Massi said:

I can't stomach Bob Gray!

BALAAM said:
Vince Massi said:

Take two Rolaids and call me in the morning. 8)

Vince Massi said:

This guy would have absolutely nothing to write about or talk about if it weren't for JH.

BALAAM said:
Vince Massi said:

It appears to me, you're numbered with the vast majority of those who know him. I have heard him 4-5 times in person, and I only went back to see if he was really as arrogant as the first time I heard him.
He was!

Tarheel Baptist said:
BALAAM said:
Vince Massi said:

It appears to me, you're numbered with the vast majority of those who know him. I have heard him 4-5 times in person, and I only went back to see if he was really as arrogant as the first time I heard him.
He was!

Just read some of his articles  or his twitter feed. Here is my biggest problem. He, along with so many ifb evangelist tweet to one another and preach on 1 Chronicles 7:14 on revival. It all has to do with the wicked church memebers and them not wanting to obey standards and that is why we have no revival. They will never dwell on the 'humble yourself'. Don't take my word for it, just check the twitter feeds of Gray, Hambone, Neal, Don Anderson, and some others and you will find the most smug and arrogant people you have ever come across.

BALAAM said:
Don't take my word for it, just check the twitter feeds of Gray, Hambone, Neal, Don Anderson, and some others and you will find the most smug and arrogant people you have ever come across.

So using them for revival is actually keeping us from having revival?

Twisted said:
BALAAM said:
Don't take my word for it, just check the twitter feeds of Gray, Hambone, Neal, Don Anderson, and some others and you will find the most smug and arrogant people you have ever come across.

We have a winner!

Sent from my LGL43AL using Tapatalk

Twisted said:
BALAAM said:

I personally think that most of them brag like this because they want you to hire them for your next revival. Results guaranteed!

We've had some good posts on this thread.

I was puzzled by the blog, because Jack often said that "Everything rises or falls on leadership." He also taught us that the pastor should be in control of everything.

HAC was always increasing its rules, as unwilling students found new ways to do wrong. Decades ago, they were deeply enmeshed in spying and heavy regulation of an unenthused student body. Jack didn't have the eager young Christians he had started with--he had numbers now, and instead of expelling ungodly students, HAC "worked" with them.

You can crank up excitable young people with rip-roaring sermons, but without that inner desire to serve God, you wind up with a prison camp.

Twisted said:
BALAAM said:
who is Don Anderson?

sword said:
Twisted said:
BALAAM said:
who is Don Anderson?

Dr. Don Anderson. He is an evangelist who I ran across on twitter. He always has people delivered. marriages saved, lives changed, people saved, and parts the red sea. And this is even before he gets up to preach.

One of your best posts, Vince.  I agree with the last paragraph, especially.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Vince Massi said:
We've had some good posts on this thread.

I was puzzled by the blog, because Jack often said that "Everything rises or falls on leadership." He also taught us that the pastor should be in control of everything.

HAC was always increasing its rules, as unwilling students found new ways to do wrong. Decades ago, they were deeply enmeshed in spying and heavy regulation of an unenthused student body. Jack didn't have the eager young Christians he had started with--he had numbers now, and instead of expelling ungodly students, HAC "worked" with them.

You can crank up excitable young people with rip-roaring sermons, but without that inner desire to serve God, you wind up with a prison camp.
Yup, bout sums it up.

Sent from my EM756 using Tapatalk