Bob Hooker

Still There

Elect
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned in another thread just briefly, but Bob Hooker is very ill.  He had surgery a few weeks ago and is still in the hospital.  They thought they were going to transfer him to Northwestern Memorial in Chicago, but were turned down.  I guess they felt they couldn't do anymore that what the hospital here is doing for him.  Jo Beth keeps "Hook Publications" on her FB or "Bob Hooker" on his FB updated about every other day.  He's running a fever and and they can't seem to get him feeling better.  Updated on FB is he's come off one of his pain meds and there is no infection in his lung, but he is fighting an infection.  Continue to pray for Bob and his healing. 

Still There said:
I know it's been mentioned in another thread just briefly, but Bob Hooker is very ill.  He had surgery a few weeks ago and is still in the hospital.  They thought they were going to transfer him to Northwestern Memorial in Chicago, but were turned down.  I guess they felt they couldn't do anymore that what the hospital here is doing for him.  Jo Beth keeps "Hook Publications" on her FB or "Bob Hooker" on his FB updated about every other day.  He's running a fever and and they can't seem to get him feeling better.  Updated on FB is he's come off one of his pain meds and there is no infection in his lung, but he is fighting an infection.  Continue to pray for Bob and his healing.

Yes. Mrs. seems to think that he has turned the corner but it seems to change daily. I think they are great people! Love their kids and Bob is almost the same age as I am. And I hate to say this but I am a realist: He has been in the hospital for two weeks now, insurance won't cover everything, wondering if they even have insurance since he resigned from hac, and no income. He has been trying to decide what to do. Was speaking out on a pretty regular basis. Had high hopes for what God had for them. And now this.

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. 1Peter 1:7

Still There said:

We are praying for him..........Didn't Clyde Wolfe daughter Heather marry  one of Bob's sons?

Bob Hooker has no sons, all daughters.

My husband had a very bad infection a few months past. He was in the hospital for a week and then for a whole month he had to have a pic in his arm with antibotics attached to it, and we had to change it every night! Took a long time for him to get over the infection! So I understand the uncertainty  and anxiety about this.

kaba said:
My husband had a very bad infection a few months past. He was in the hospital for a week and then for a whole month he had to have a pic in his arm with antibotics attached to it, and we had to change it every night! Took a long time for him to get over the infection! So I understand the uncertainty  and anxiety about this.

I don't think I understood how sick he was!  I am so sorry - is he doing better now?

Yes, as ornary as ever!!  He was laid up for a month and had to go to physical therapy afterward because his leg would not straighten out. He still walks with a bit of a limp though. I helped him change the antibiotics, I changed the tubing until I let an air bubble get in!!! Scared me to death so I just handed him things afterwards! He had a home nurse come in for awhile to help change it, they even thought about putting him in a nursing home until it healed!! I thought that was kind of funny.

kaba said:
Yes, as ornary as ever!!  He was laid up for a month and had to go to physical therapy afterward because his leg would not straighten out. He still walks with a bit of a limp though. I helped him change the antibiotics, I changed the tubing until I let an air bubble get in!!! Scared me to death so I just handed him things afterwards! He had a home nurse come in for awhile to help change it, they even thought about putting him in a nursing home until it healed!! I thought that was kind of funny.

Oh the fun we could have had at his expense if only he'd gone into the nursing home!

Evelyn said:
kaba said:

Oh the fun we could have had at his expense if only he'd gone into the nursing home!

Well, as the Ethiopian eunuch asked, "What doth hinder me?" 

(Now, that's taking a phrase from Scripture and running with it in true Raider (I mean, Hacker) style! 

I think if he had landed in a nursing home I would have had a hard time from laughing every time I would have visited him!!! Ev, so many many jokes to make if he had gone!

I go to a nursing home to visit my bosses mother and there is a younger lady in there that has scraggly hair and wears a red hat all the time....I pictured my husband being that way!!!

kaba said:
I think if he had landed in a nursing home I would have had a hard time from laughing every time I would have visited him!!! Ev, so many many jokes to make if he had gone!

I go to a nursing home to visit my bosses mother and there is a younger lady in there that has scraggly hair and wears a red hat all the time....I pictured my husband being that way!!!

What a picture for a scrapbook!!!!  ;-)

kaba said:

ROFLOL!  I can picture him being that way ON PURPOSE. lol

Mrs. Hooker announced yesterday that her husband had been cleared to be discharged from the hospital. She posted a pic of him. He looks very thin but remarkably well for as ill as he was. I always think of Bob Hooker as the Iron Man.

Sorry, but my image is a little different. I do respect him, he is sincere in sharing his walk with God. But I just had to laugh...his wife wrote one of the more 'out there' letters to the judge in defense of Jack Schaap. One person wrote one short paragraph on his website, questioning his wife's defense of JS and excoriation of the girl. I saw it, it was direct but it wasn't scathing or vitriolic. He went ballistic and said his wife had been viciously attacked, and that's when his webpage went private. And yet, I've heard he's ripped the face off of ladies here and there at HAC. Something doesn't add up there...but he lives a very sheltered life, as do they all. To question them is to attack them. And their own behavior is always beyond question.

myeyesareopen said:
Sorry, but my image is a little different. I do respect him, he is sincere in sharing his walk with God. But I just had to laugh...his wife wrote one of the more 'out there' letters to the judge in defense of Jack Schaap. One person wrote one short paragraph on his website, questioning his wife's defense of JS and excoriation of the girl. I saw it, it was direct but it wasn't scathing or vitriolic. He went ballistic and said his wife had been viciously attacked, and that's when his webpage went private. And yet, I've heard he's ripped the face off of ladies here and there at HAC. Something doesn't add up there...but he lives a very sheltered life, as do they all. To question them is to attack them. And their own behavior is always beyond question.

That she did! But there entire world revolves around hac and fbch. It has for many years. Their daughter is married to a Schaap and they have not had t step outside their world for many years. The "My ministry has been attacked by Satan" has been a JH ploy ever since they can remember. If you ever questioned Jh he would say, "someone wants to destroy my ministry". It is the same thing that is parroted by some of the loyal jh followers to this day. Allen Domelle comes to mind. He says quite often that someone said they would destroy me and my ministry. That is absolutely ridiculous but it is what they heard over and over from Jh. The Hookers are sincere people who have "seen the light" in the past year and have had some awful things to deal with. I hope nothing but the best for them.

I am starting to believe that jh did a lot of mental brainwashing that has to be cleansed. IMO

I don't know him at all but his Jack Schaap support letter placed a lot of blame on the enemies of the cause. Does he regret the support letter?

Norefund said:
I don't know him at all but his Jack Schaap support letter placed a lot of blame on the enemies of the cause. Does he regret the support letter?

My personal view is that I think they do. They, along with Cindy, thought that this was a one-time deal where he was caught in a moment of extreme weakness and rushed to his defense. It has proven to be far deeper and far more reaching than just a one-time indiscretion. I think they believe they were misled and have egg on their face.

I'm guessing that they also had no clue that the letters would be published on the internet for all to see.

Norefund said:
I'm guessing that they also had no clue that the letters would be published on the internet for all to see.

Everything you write and say CAN and WILL be held against you in the world of technology and the court of public opinion.
Anyone who hasn't figured that out yet must really have their heads in the sand.