Bob Hooker

16KJV11 said:
Norefund said:
I'm guessing that they also had no clue that the letters would be published on the internet for all to see.

Everything you write and say CAN and WILL be held against you in the world of technology and the court of public opinion.
Anyone who hasn't figured that out yet must really have their heads in the sand.

So true!  And knowing that, I still prefer the written word over the spoken, because I can edit to my heart's content, before I press the post button...or put a stamp on the letter.  But even then, I can't believe the number of times I inadvertently offered my neck for the bite...for posterity, no less.  Ugh! 

lnf said:
16KJV11 said:
Norefund said:
I'm guessing that they also had no clue that the letters would be published on the internet for all to see.

Everything you write and say CAN and WILL be held against you in the world of technology and the court of public opinion.
Anyone who hasn't figured that out yet must really have their heads in the sand.

So true!  And knowing that, I still prefer the written word over the spoken, because I can edit to my heart's content, before I press the post button...or put a stamp on the letter.  But even then, I can't believe the number of times I inadvertently offered my neck for the bite...for posterity, no less.  Ugh!
This was brought front and center a few years ago when Schaap and that other preacher were videoed, recorded, and shown on Dateline NBC for all the world to see.

The post above is a shining example of how written words can be misconstrued into posterity...

I don't know how many times 16KJV11's post will be quoted, but these words...

This was brought front and center a few years ago when Schaap and that other preacher were videoed, recorded, and shown on Dateline NBC for all the world to see.

...are not mine, but they look like they are, because they are in my quote box.

Thankfully, there is nothing there that I find objectionable...

...so I'm just saying.

Oh, 16KJV11, I forgive you.  ;)

lnf said:
The post above is a shining example of how written words can be misconstrued into posterity...

I don't know how many times 16KJV11's post will be quoted, but these words...

...are not mine, but they look like they are, because they are in my quote box.

Thankfully, there is nothing there that I find objectionable...

...so I'm just saying.

Oh, 16KJV11, I forgive you.  ;)

Sorry about that...sometimes I booger up and don't put my new posts after the quote signs.

Like I said, 16KJV11, you're forgiven.  I forgave you even before you apologized...but I surely appreciate your words.

BALAAM said:
Norefund said:
I don't know him at all but his Jack Schaap support letter placed a lot of blame on the enemies of the cause. Does he regret the support letter?

My personal view is that I think they do. They, along with Cindy, thought that this was a one-time deal where he was caught in a moment of extreme weakness and rushed to his defense. It has proven to be far deeper and far more reaching than just a one-time indiscretion. I think they believe they were misled and have egg on their face.

And not just a little egg.  They're wearing a whole quiche.