Bob Jones Hires GRACE Ministries for Investigation...(and Billy G's grandson)

Just John

Elect
Reaction score
I ran across this today reading the online Christianity Today. I first want to offer kudos to BJU for hiring GRACE as an independent third-party. No school no matter how good or bad is immune from sexual abuse problems...only how they handle them. The article specifically says there is not any individual case driving the investigation but a desire to handle them correctly in the future. (Apparently much of the outside agitation leading to this included a scheduled protest in December of 2011 of Pastor Chuck Phelps being on the BJU Board of Trustees following the trial and publicity having to do with he, Ernie Willis and Tina Anderson. Days before the protest was to have taken place Phelps did step down from the board and the protest shifted to the claims of abuse from past students).

I sincerely think this is a good thing and should be emulated elsewhere. However I cannot ignore the irony that GRACE is founded and headed by Boz Tchividjian, grandson of BILLY GRAHAM and graduate of Liberty University and professor of Liberty University Law School. Of course Graham and Liberty have been regular targets of BJU leadership over the years. (And of course a rivalry among alumni. :))

January 21, 2013

Bob Jones University Investigates Sex Abuse Allegations and Its Own Response

University partners with GRACE to identify if it 'failed to adequately respond to sexual abuse disclosures.

[size=8pt]Bob Jones University (BJU) has launched an independent third-party investigation to identify whether or not the school has ever failed to adequately address any allegations of sexual abuse.

According to an announcement by the university's president, the investigation will attempt to "identify any past instances in which former students or others felt under-served by the university

Thank you for keeping us informed...........

Interesting....

On a side note, I have that meltdown album on vinyl somewhere.. sweet sounds.

I can't get passed..."you were reading Christianity Today"!
Sorry for the hijack.....carry on...:)

qwerty said:
Interesting....

On a side note, I have that meltdown album on vinyl somewhere.. sweet sounds.

Indeed...Steve Taylor was ahead of his time for Christian music anyway.

Tarheel Baptist said:
I can't get passed..."you were reading Christianity Today"!
Sorry for the hijack.....carry on...:)

LOL. One of my favorite morning habits it to check out realclearpolitics.com. It has great links to editorials, opinion pieces and essays not just for politics but also includes sections for religion, sports, science, economics, technology, and history. You never know where you might end up with all of the links. It's an educational feast. :)