Bob Ross is Out

Twisted said:
Tanner said:
Resigned last night

Be hard to pastor from a jail cell.

I think he will plead guilty and get a little probation. The max sentence is only one year in jail. 

So glad to hear he is no longer the pastor there.  Now I hope they can do better this time selecting a new pastor!!

Just me said:
So glad to hear he is no longer the pastor there.  Now I hope they can do better this time selecting a new pastor!!
I don't think the fella named Ichabod is still available.

This closes a dark chapter in the history of a church I once loved.  I saw many bad things come out when our pastor died in jail.  I was optimistic that Ross would come help heal the church move away from the darkness.  In my opinion he made it worse and protected people that helped facilitate the evil, that had taken place.     
We left the church and stayed in touch with a few people inside, Ross continued to hurt people and divide families.  When all this new stuff came out I was hoping it would close the church. 
Now that he has resigned, I have closure on that chapter.  All of our remaining friends have left the church.  I no longer have a dog in the hunt.  I wish them well and hope they do a better job of replacing him, than we did last time. 

Just me said:

I honestly don't know that much about him; I've heard him preach once or twice I think, but because he defended the Vineyard regime, I was uneasy about him.

I pray that the church will see someone committed to exalting Christ and Him alone.

Tanner said:
This closes a dark chapter in the history of a church I once loved.  I saw many bad things come out when our pastor died in jail.  I was optimistic that Ross would come help heal the church move away from the darkness.  In my opinion he made it worse and protected people that helped facilitate the evil, that had taken place.     
We left the church and stayed in touch with a few people inside, Ross continued to hurt people and divide families.  When all this new stuff came out I was hoping it would close the church. 
Now that he has resigned, I have closure on that chapter.  All of our remaining friends have left the church.  I no longer have a dog in the hunt.  I wish them well and hope they do a better job of replacing him, than we did last time.

Well said. Thank you for the updates; you turned out to be right in what you said.

The only good thing I can say at this point about him is that at least he had the decency to resign instead of declaring that ungodly forces were just out to get him.

Walt said:
Just me said:

I honestly don't know that much about him; I've heard him preach once or twice I think, but because he defended the Vineyard regime, I was uneasy about him.

I pray that the church will see someone committed to exalting Christ and Him alone.
Amen.

I've been quietly reading in the background with mixed emotions. The closing of Windsor Hills (eventhough there are still some Kool-aid drinkers in the grips of Tom Vineyard), and now Bob Ross revealed. 

So very relieved these men and their vile ministries have lost the bulk of their influence, but at the same time, I weep that God's name is being "blasphemed among the heathen."  I have seen over and over again God somehow get the glory out of so many horrible situations, and I truly pray that He will be exalted through all this.

This must be our prayer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As for Tom and those who followed him up to the new location, their circle of influence is oh so small these days!!  OBC is just down to a couple students and they are doing classes by correspondence so it is back to its Institute days.  The church runs a single buss on Sundays and the church school has its lowest numbers in years.  All of which I am personally very thankful for. 

But now the question, "Will Ross return to Okc and Tom?"

Just me said:
As for Tom and those who followed him up to the new location, their circle of influence is oh so small these days!!  OBC is just down to a couple students and they are doing classes by correspondence so it is back to its Institute days.  The church runs a single buss on Sundays and the church school has its lowest numbers in years.  All of which I am personally very thankful for. 

But now the question, "Will Ross return to Okc and Tom?"

He can?t leave until his legal troubles are settled. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Spanish Church is leaving next month.  Thats gonna hurt, they make up 85% of the school and youth department. 

I never like bob ross.  And he never liked me.  I wasnt a kid of the church elite at WHBC, so I was a nobody.  My little brother and I got into a fray at a church function b/c lil brother (5yrs old) didnt want to listen to 13yr old big bro.  Lil bro fell out in the floor screaming and Ross jumped in telling me to push someone around my own size.  At 13, i was taller than Ross.
He stink eyed me at every teen event.

WHBS survivor said:
I never like bob ross.  And he never liked me.  I wasnt a kid of the church elite at WHBC, so I was a nobody.  My little brother and I got into a fray at a church function b/c lil brother (5yrs old) didnt want to listen to 13yr old big bro.  Lil bro fell out in the floor screaming and Ross jumped in telling me to push someone around my own size.  At 13, i was taller than Ross.
He stink eyed me at every teen event.

Also Ross' grandson Jesse is professional bodybuilder now.

I check the news occasionally to see how the charges against Bob went, and I can't find anything.  Does anybody know how things were settled?

Vince Massi said:
I check the news occasionally to see how the charges against Bob went, an I can't find anything.  Does anybody know how things were settled?

I don't think any more has been shared. There hasn't been a court date announced ( that i have heard )  for the sides to bring their cases so I'm wondering if it cant be proven. 

Still nothing has been finalized. Not sure if hot got out of jail or if he'll be allowed to pastor another IFB church. His grandson Jesse Jackson made a Facebook live video on "Don't Judge" pertaining to his grandfather.

TommyBoy said:
Still nothing has been finalized. Not sure if hot got out of jail or if he'll be allowed to pastor another IFB church. His grandson Jesse Jackson made a Facebook live video on "Don't Judge" pertaining to his grandfather.

Ah yes, "Don't Judge" -- the cry of the worldly Christian.

Christians are required to make judgments.  We need to do our best to make righteous judgments and not hypocritical judgments.

Just for the record, the only thing I know about his grandson Jesse is his name; I am not accusing him of being a worldly Christian; I'm just saying that the "Don't judge him" line is common among worldly people.

Well hindsite is 20/20 and Jesse probably saw something the rest of us didn't. Still no word on his grandfather Bob Ross.

https://www.facebook.com/innerstrengthleader/videos/vb.1814673289/10209854657922504/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab