Boycotting Stores over transgender bathroom policy

Tim

Elect
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about this? My pastor boycotted Target, others mentioned Planet Fitness ...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/04/25/conservative-christian-group-boycotting-target-transgender-bathroom-policy/83491396/

I am pretty sure my boycotting of Planet Fitness would go totally unnoticed.  :D

subllibrm said:
I am pretty sure my boycotting of Planet Fitness would go totally unnoticed.  :D

For what it's worth, I am not shopping Target in the future.

Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:

For what it's worth, I am not shopping Target in the future.

Very little in my past. I doubt they will miss me either.

Going to Planet Fitness tonight.
Marching right into the ladies locker room.
Next stop for me.... Columbia City Jail.

Billy

Not boycotting anybody. I support the Target policy. I don't usually shop there, but I might start.
I don't think we have Planet Fitness in my region. I usually do my workouts outdoors. at the dojo or the YMCA.

Since the trannies are such a minute section of the population I really don't care where they potty. It's just not relevant. What bothers me are the perverts out there, and yes there are a ton of them, that will use this issue to get into the ladies' room.

Jubal Sackett

Jubal Sackett said:
Since the trannies are such a minute section of the population I really don't care where they potty. It's just not relevant. What bothers me are the perverts out there, and yes there are a ton of them, that will use this issue to get into the ladies' room.

Jubal Sackett

Agreed.  It's the law of unintended consequences that comes into play here.  I taught pubescent boys too long not to see that potential loophole coming.

I take a pretty straight forward approach to male sexual predators in the lady's room. I don't wait for a man to defend me, I just kick their butts myself. I have more than a little Faith Lehane in me (if you're a Buffy fan you'll understand).

Tim said:
If Target has a sale on toilet paper, I'll still pick it up and save. They never have declared themselves to be a "Family Christian Values" store and I don't expect them to start trying. Why must Christian's expect the world to be like Christ? The grace of God may be strong on this land, and the values deep in our blood - but look around the world and you will see we are not home yet.

Actually, in this instance, Target is allowing a man dressed up like a woman to enter the female restroom while your wife or daughter is in there. Why would any man want his family to buy toilet paper at a place like that?

Tim said:
If Target has a sale on toilet paper, I'll still pick it up and save. They never have declared themselves to be a "Family Christian Values" store and I don't expect them to start trying. Why must Christian's expect the world to be like Christ?

With all of the other options out there, why must the world expect Christians to continue supporting them? Not that I am into boycotting, but Target is fighting back.

Certainly the Bible says nothing at all about which restrooms people should use, so I don't really understand this being especially a Christian issue, except as a matter of cultural identity.

Izdaari said:
Certainly the Bible says nothing at all about which restrooms people should use, so I don't really understand this being especially a Christian issue, except as a matter of cultural identity.

It's a common sense, moral issue to me personally.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Izdaari said:

It's a common sense, moral issue to me personally.
Ok. good enough. So we're agreed it's a common sense, moral issue, though not on which side has common sense and morality on its side.

8e7c91a0a15c65210eaa612efaf4f60e.jpg

... in other words, "We created an environment where these things are now unhindered and we don't want to hear you complain. It is up to you, the customer, to make sure your safety and privacy are maintained. Our bathrooms are especially not safe for children or teens."

... but this is the only place within reasonable distance to get coffee (Starbucks) ;)

bfe056143a414381180e801395998fe9.jpg

FSSL said:
... but this is the only place within reasonable distance to get coffee (Starbucks) ;)

bfe056143a414381180e801395998fe9.jpg
Welcome to the South.

earnestly contend