BREAKING: Lawsuit Filed Against DAVID HYLES, HYLES-ANDERSON COLLEGE, INC., and FBC HAMMOND, INDIANA, INC

What if everyone at FBC-Hammond just left? Now, that's the best idea I have heard in a long time. My uneducated guess is, if that happened, the courts might hold up the distribution of assets from the sale of the church buildings and property, until all pending lawsuits were settled.

It is too bad that over all these years, the church apparently never reached out to Joy Ryder to apologize and try to make amends and come to an amicable agreement with her. That would have been possible after Jack Hyles died, but it may be too late now. Here again, I am just guessing, but the church's legal counsel would probably advise against any apologies or mea culpas or admissions of guilt at this time, now that a lawsuit has been filed. (To apologize would still be definitely the right thing to do, Matthew 5:23-26, but what would the counsel for the defense advise?) It sure would be nice if we could hear some expert opinion from a knowledgeable lawyer, such as Voyle Glover, author of the 1990 book "Fundamental Seduction: The Jack Hyles Case."
+1

Oh by the way, from what I understand, after Dave Hyles visited FBC in 2013/14 (I can't remember), apparently he was banned from church property. ? I guess they didn't want that to happen again.

I guess it's possible that Dave was banned but it sure sounds like JW was kind of sucking up to him with this statement....

When he spoke about God touching his heart at the 1980 Youth Conference when the theme was 'So You Want To Be a Star" I kinda felt that was for me because I was the one who was still leading the Your Conference then.

....which is why I assumed you had been misinformed. But, you are correct in that just because DH was shown kindness when he visited with his mother, it doesn't mean he is still welcome. I think it would be interesting to see what, if anything, would happen if Dave did show up for a service.

If what she said was true, not the fornication part but the rape part then what restitution can one give that makes losing your virginity in that manner just? What is virginity worth? I guarantee you that no amount of money brings satisfaction. These are only matters in which God can bring justice and repay what was stolen. Vengeance is unsatisfying.
Joy is not the only victim here. She is also doing this for other victims of David Hyles. Joy was 14, I think her virginity is irrelevant. There are other issues like her self esteem, her mental health, her emotional health, her physical health, and HER SPIRITUAL HEALTH. What David & the cover up, robbed her of, no one will understand; unless they have gone through this themselves. Certainly her parents did not help by not bringing charges. We live in a new day & I hope she gets the acknowledgement & apology she seeks.

We do. Now women make false allegations and destroy the lives of innocent men.

That "new day" sword cuts both ways.

Name one innocent man destroyed by the false allegations of women.

Name one innocent man destroyed by the false allegations of women.
Oops, you only asked for one. Sorry, I'm not always good at following instructions.

Any IFB examples you want to give?

Nope. I'm not going to post names of men who've been attacked this way.

Now if you believe that pastors/church leadership NEVER are falsy accused of sexual misconduct, then you are living in a naive world.

Prior to 1994 the Federal Statute of limitations for this type of crime was 5 years. It has been amended several times since then.

Amendments
2003—Pub. L. 108–21 substituted “Offenses against children” for “Child abuse offenses” in section catchline and amended text generally. Prior to amendment, text read as follows: “No statute of limitations that would otherwise preclude prosecution for an offense involving the sexual or physical abuse of a child under the age of 18 years shall preclude such prosecution before the child reaches the age of 25 years.”

1994—Pub. L. 103–322 substituted “Child abuse offenses” for “Customs and slave trade violations” as section catchline and amended text generally. Prior to amendment, text read as follows: “No person shall be prosecuted, tried or punished for any violation of the customs laws or the slave trade laws of the United States unless the indictment is found or the information is instituted within five years next after the commission of the offense.”

Nope. I'm not going to post names of men who've been attacked this way.

Now if you believe that pastors/church leadership NEVER are falsy accused of sexual misconduct, then you are living in a naive world.

I agree with you. Sometimes there are other motivations & shame on them for doing everyone a dis-service. But we are talking about David Hyles here. Surely, if you knew him, you are not sticking up for him, right?

So if FBC Hammond did have those policies in place during the 80s would that drop the lawsuit? Would laws that were enacted in the 2000s still apply or be grandfathered in as required policies during the 70s/80s? Just curious.

See, this is a good point; back in those days, there were no such policies... they came about in the 1990s when the insurance companies forced the churches to change.

Yes...Eddie Lapina is still on staff. Joy's high school principal, Larry Staab, is still there. Two high school teachers from the 70's, Gail (McKinney) Merhalski and Sharon (Blythe) Lewis are still in the church and may still teach at HB. Jamie (Junkens) Lapina was a classmate with Joy and is still at FBC and teaches at HAC...I'm sure that she was very aware in the 70's of Dave's shenanigans. There are many more that could be listed.

I was pretty sure that there were people still there... I wish the new pastor had been encouraging these people to leave, especially people like Eddie Lapina that were well aware of what was going on.