Bud and Troy Calvert have a new web site disputing Becky's accusations...

AWorkInProgress

Elect
Reaction score
I just came across it several minutes ago. One page is Bud's version and the second page is Troy's version. I have to warn you, I couldn't even finish reading Bud's version and I was so horrified by how he trashed Becky, I just skimmed over Troy's version of events. I will go back once I get over the shock and horror of their unprofessionalism. They were both merciless towards her. Just speaking for me, and this is MY beliefs; everyone else needs to decide for themselves what they want to believe, but before I saw their site I could not understand why there was no police investigation. After reading what I could stand reading without vomiting, I now am more perplexed as to: WHY IS THERE NO POLICE INVESTIGATION?!?! https://lettruthbetold.org/bud-calvert

Please be warned. I found their testimony unbecoming for "
men of God". I truly found their words vile.

I only read Bud's response. I didn't think he was out of line. Obviously she made some horrible accusations against him so if he is innocent, he's well within his right to call her a liar. The strange thing about this case is there are two completely different stories and there are third parties that intersect with a lot of these stories. Seems like it would be easy in enough to check out some of these third parties. The fact that Bud seems to advocate checking out these 3rd parties makes him seem less guilty. I also wonder why the police have failed to charge anyone?

I only read Bud's response. I didn't think he was out of line. Obviously she made some horrible accusations against him so if he is innocent, he's well within his right to call her a liar. The strange thing about this case is there are two completely different stories and there are third parties that intersect with a lot of these stories. Seems like it would be easy in enough to check out some of these third parties. The fact that Bud seems to advocate checking out these 3rd parties makes him seem less guilty. I also wonder why the police have failed to charge anyone?
At the top of the page, look to the far right. You will see two names: Bud Calvert and then Troy Calvert.

P.S. I am not disputing their right to defend themselves. As a matter of fact, it is too far overdo for them to say something. What I am horrified and disappointed with them is what they said. I found them disgraceful, and at this moment, I do not know who is worse: Bud and Troy Calvert or Jerry Falwell Jr.' with his response about "the pool guy" and his wife when it was him who initiated it so he could watch for his sick enjoyment.

P.S. I am not disputing their right to defend themselves. As a matter of fact, it is too far overdo for them to say something. What I am horrified and disappointed with them is what they said. I found them disgraceful, and at this moment, I do not know who is worse: Bud and Troy Calvert or Jerry Falwell Jr.' with his response about "the pool guy" and his wife when it was him who initiated it so he could watch for his sick enjoyment.
Agree with you on Falwell. Based on a pattern I typically side more with accusers in the IFB world than with the accused. However, as far as I know in his 76 years there has never been another accusation against Bud. Her story seems almost unbelievable, however it also seems almost unbelievable that someone would go to such great lengths to attack the Calverts. It just seems like there are enough intersects with others in the stories that it ought to be possible to get a general sense of who is being honest and who is not. She was part of IFB royalty so I would assume they lived in nice house possibly with video camera? Can she show camera footage from dates husband was gone when Bud came over. Any neighbors that may have seen Bud's car there multiple times while Troy was gone.

I can't help but be skeptical of someone who leaves their husband for their doctor. I'm curious why you're sympathetic in such circumstances?

I can't help but be skeptical of someone who leaves their husband for their doctor. I'm curious why you're sympathetic in such circumstances?
First of all, the recording I heard on Preacher Boys Podcast, she never married a doctor after the divorce. She was single and started attending another church where she met the church's maintenance man. They eventually married.
Second, the same could be said for you: why are you so unsympathetic in such circumstances? Have you become so complacent to "wolves in sheep clothing scattering and devouring the sheep" that it's just another day where you blink your eyes and then move on to your cafe mocha latee or a can of beer and wonder if your favorite team is going to get to the Super Bowl?

What has happened to us as Christians when we hear of such things going on in the church, and we have a "well it's not my business" mentality? When we turn a blind eye and not say or do anything about it. We Christians are the reason for the "Hophni and Phineas Epidemic". We Christians are the reason for hundreds of IFB sex and abuse scandals. We Christians are the reason for thousands of Catholic sex and abuse scandals. We Christians are the reason for sex and abuse scandals taking place in any denomination. WE CHRISTIANS are responsible because WE CHRISTIANS allow it by letting them do what they want, and WE CHRISTIANS don't even condemn it!

AND YOU treasure_unseen just proved it.

Thank you.

First of all, the recording I heard on Preacher Boys Podcast, she never married a doctor after the divorce. She was single and started attending another church where she met the church's maintenance man. They eventually married.
Second, the same could be said for you: why are you so unsympathetic in such circumstances? Have you become so complacent to "wolves in sheep clothing scattering and devouring the sheep" that it's just another day where you blink your eyes and then move on to your cafe mocha latee or a can of beer and wonder if your favorite team is going to get to the Super Bowl?

Wow. I point out the obvious and you go all to pieces. I'm not complacent at all. I just don't believe everything I hear or read regardless of who says it. That includes believing someone just because they make a claim of abuse.

It is hard for me to believe that their stories are that different. That one side claims she married a doctor and another claims a maintenance man. Link to her story and I will read it.

What has happened to us as Christians when we hear of such things going on in the church, and we have a "well it's not my business" mentality? When we turn a blind eye and not say or do anything about it. We Christians are the reason for the "Hophni and Phineas Epidemic". We Christians are the reason for hundreds of IFB sex and abuse scandals. We Christians are the reason for thousands of Catholic sex and abuse scandals. We Christians are the reason for sex and abuse scandals taking place in any denomination. WE CHRISTIANS are responsible because WE CHRISTIANS allow it by letting them do what they want, and WE CHRISTIANS don't even condemn it!

If it is true, I'll be the first person to defend the abused. My wife was abused. You don't really know me. I ask a valid question and you go off the "deep end".

I just asked a question in reference to two peoples defense. I know people who have lied about preachers that weren't worth much of anything (the preacher that is). I don't believe something just because one person involved is scum.

Like I said, link her claims and I'll read them. However, you ask the question "Why hasn't there been charges?"........ Just who do you think should get the police involved as a witness?

Last edited:

Thank you.
I'm open to the possibility that she's telling the truth. I agree that there are too many cases where people knew things were going on and remained silent sometimes for decades. I don't know of any rumors or accusations with this family other than from an ex-wife. Seems strange that Troy would be working closely with his father if his father was having his way with his wife. I lived in Fairfax county-it's a DC suburb. A church no matter the size there would not have the power to shut down an investigation. Why have they not found enough to call anyone in even for a conversation? For me the key is the many third parties who would have witnessed bits and pieces. Which side do they corroborate?

I read both accounts and heard her podcast. I think we need to hear from the son of whom the birth is not known which is Nathaniel Calvert.

Both sides are providing strong evidence for their side of the story.

I read both accounts and heard her podcast. I think we need to hear from the son of whom the birth is not known which is Nathaniel Calvert.

Both sides are providing strong evidence for their side of the story.

Where is the podcast. The one link I found was dead.

Both Bud and Troy deny that Bud had anything to do with Troy becoming Pastor. I was not in the deacon's meeting to which they refer, but I find it highly incredulous. NOTHING happened at FBT that was not specifically sanctioned by Bud. In the early 90's right after Troy and Becky were married, it was obvious to everyone that Bud was grooming Troy to take over. How many people said "I didn't see that coming" when they announced that Troy would replace his dad? Exactly zero, because it had been known for years.
The details of their arranged marriage are covered in detail in both responses, but it was common knowledge that Bud said he wanted it to happen, and it happened. The details are cosmetic. Becky's allegation that she was programmed to please Bud is highly believable. That was the nature of the game from the point Bud told her dad that he wanted Becky to marry Troy. Becky didn't have a say in the matter. It was a done deal. What Bud wants, Bud gets.
Becky's allegation of the cultist, strict dress code is 100% correct. It's part of that Bob Jones cult. Some people like it, fine. Some people don't like it, and that's fine too, but don't deny it exists, because it absolutely does. I was a student at BJ from 6th grade to 12th, and it absolutely exists, and they are relentless and unforgiving in its prosecution.
That Troy was a mama's boy was plain to see. Mary doted on him so much, it was embarrassing, especially for Becky. Bud did compliment her frequently from the pulpit, but it was much more effusive than just "great job, Beck." It was overdone as to almost seem romantic. Everyone ignored it--just a close family, right?
I find some of Becky's baser accusations a little more problematic. She was absolutely an outsider. The Calverts are manipulative control-freaks. The whole Calvert family is incestuous (in the non-sexual meaning). The potential for verbal and emotional abuse is extremely high, even probable. Bud raping her is a bridge too far. Troy raping her is likely impossible: he's a total Beta, and Becky was waaay out of his league.

I just came across it several minutes ago. One page is Bud's version and the second page is Troy's version. I have to warn you, I couldn't even finish reading Bud's version and I was so horrified by how he trashed Becky, I just skimmed over Troy's version of events. I will go back once I get over the shock and horror of their unprofessionalism. They were both merciless towards her. Just speaking for me, and this is MY beliefs; everyone else needs to decide for themselves what they want to believe, but before I saw their site I could not understand why there was no police investigation. After reading what I could stand reading without vomiting, I now am more perplexed as to: WHY IS THERE NO POLICE INVESTIGATION?!?! https://lettruthbetold.org/bud-calvert

Please be warned. I found their testimony unbecoming for "
men of God". I truly found their words vile.
Did you copy or download Calvert's post? It's disappeared. I'd very much like to read it.