Bus Routes

Binaca Chugger said:
JustABigKid said:
Binaca Chugger said:
You know something is wrong with your church's version of the bus ministry when you have "workers" assigned every week to chase kids through the halls and rooms.  Why bring kids that don't want to be there?

NUMBERS!!!

When I was there I used to ask the same thing. Why bring a kid if they don't obey and don't want to be there. It was simply because they wanted a certain number on the bus or in the church. It is the same reason they had the ole and still have the ole 123 repeat after me.

Quite like so many others who have followed the same model.

Unfortunately yes. Thankfully I am slowly seeing a younger generation that has realized the error of this and is trying to change it just like myself to something that is pleasing to God.

The bus ministry was once a great tool to offer free transportation to anyone who wanted to come to church but did not have a way to get there.  The bus ministry has morphed into a wild system of enticing kids to come to your church for an hour so you can feel good about helping people.  How much help the kids get is irrelevant to the modern bus worker.

Here is a thought:  If the public school system can get kids to sit still on a bus, and the public school system is "wicked as the devil," why can't the church get the same kids to behave on their way to church?

Binaca Chugger said:
The bus ministry was once a great tool to offer free transportation to anyone who wanted to come to church but did not have a way to get there.  The bus ministry has morphed into a wild system of enticing kids to come to your church for an hour so you can feel good about helping people.  How much help the kids get is irrelevant to the modern bus worker.

Here is a thought:  If the public school system can get kids to sit still on a bus, and the public school system is "wicked as the devil," why can't the church get the same kids to behave on their way to church?

I do not think the problem is the behavior on the bus ride to or from church.  I think the problem is the behavior while at church.  Most bus route workers have a decent on bus type program on the way to church and they kids behave pretty well.  Once they arrive at church is when I noticed the problems kicking in. 

Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:

I do not think the problem is the behavior on the bus ride to or from church.  I think the problem is the behavior while at church.  Most bus route workers have a decent on bus type program on the way to church and they kids behave pretty well.  Once they arrive at church is when I noticed the problems kicking in.

This is correct. Most of the time the bust workers know how to work with the kids, talk to them, and the kids are used to riding on the bus and behaving because of riding the bus to school. At church however, because they have such boring Sunday School classes and children's churches with people who are just filling a spot to say they did their weekly service and no true concern for the kids in the class is why you start to have "trouble".

I could tell you story after story of kids that "trouble" in the Sunday School hour but when they came to my class we had no problems at all. It came down to the teachers were boring, uncaring, and didn't do much to make their class enjoyable for the kids so they found other ways to entertain themselves until they got to my class.

Now I know some people are going to come on and say church isn't about entertainment, but when you have kids that have as much videos, video games, and other electronics as what we have in today's society you have to be engaging and interesting to the kids or they will just get bored.

Any one remember a bus captain burning Pokemon cards on the bus??  And then it making the news?? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do remember the card burning, however, don't recall the news media being involved, but would not surprise me. Sure wish media would pick up the story of a man and his son getting their kicks by hitting on women.

RedRover01 said:
Any one remember a bus captain burning Pokemon cards on the bus??  And then it making the news?? 

Yeppers!!  Ol WHBC has made the news for many things over the years and very little has been for good reasons.

But that is a badge of honor to IFBX'ers

Anyone remember when JAV mockingly called the movie titanic, 'satanic'?

Imrickblaine said:
Anyone remember when JAV mockingly called the movie titanic, 'satanic'?

Bahahaha!!  I sure do!!  Still haven't seen that movie to this day.  (Not bc of JV but because I know he dies -- and for heaven's sake she couldn't just move over and share the door).

Looks like the old bus routes will now be Southwest/Heartlands now. Vineyard used to run the busses for Hyles back in the day.