But I bet she would demand that a Christian baker bake a gay wedding cake

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Stephanie Wilkinson, the owner who kicked Sarah Sanders and her party out of the Red Hen restaurant, feels that "this feels like the moment in our democracy when people have to make uncomfortable actions and decisions to uphold their morals,? she said.

She went on to say, "We just [feel] there are moments in time when people need to live their convictions. This appeared to be one."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/06/23/restaurant-owner-who-booted-sarah-huckabee-sanders-speaks-out-and-shes-not-backing-down

So, I wonder if there were Christian bakers in her town refusing to bake same sex wedding cakes, upholding their morals and living their convictions (just like she's doing), would Stephanie Wilkinson stand with the bakers or condemn them as being bigots? My money would be on the latter.

Well... since we are not a democracy, she further does not understand what she is talking about.

... and this thing about morals? Why the rank hats?

9717c7dca662491895d6a63ab4fde5b2.jpg

Wow, it used to be no shirt, no shoes no service. Now it's no Trumpers. Why not just put that on a sign outside your restaurant or did you think a Trumper would never walk into your restaurant?

I thought she responded and handled the situation rather well....

?Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left,? Sanders tweeted this morning. ?Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so."

Nothing like those who champion tolerance and diversity displaying the irony of their untenable worldview.

brianb said:
Wow, it used to be no shirt, no shoes no service. Now it's no Trumpers. Why not just put that on a sign outside your restaurant or did you think a Trumper would never walk into your restaurant?

I think she just hung that sign.

I'm sure Sarah defends the rights of a business to run that business as they see fit.

Is anyone here naive enough to actually believe there are no restaurants that frown on certain "classes" of people and those people know it and go elsewhere?

And I'm all for "men only" golf courses.

If you disagree, please point your outrage at the NAACP, BET, and CBC.

She said the restaurant has certain standards (moral not health - I kid you not ) they have to uphold. What is this a church? A  church doesn't kick out new visitors because of their reputation though. I would not be surprised if there is huge conservative backlash at this restaurant. I know Virginia is quite divided politically but there are probably enough conservatives to put this restaurant out of business just by not going to it. 

brianb said:
She said the restaurant has certain standards (moral not health - I kid you not ) they have to uphold. What is this a church? A  church doesn't kick out new visitors because of their reputation though. I would not be surprised if there is huge conservative backlash at this restaurant. I know Virginia is quite divided politically but there are probably enough conservatives to put this restaurant out of business just by not going to it.

I wont be satisfied unless they are starving. Liberalism can only be cured unless those that believe it suffer its consequences. The problem with their mind sight someone else should pay for my stuff and that is exactly what they are doing here. They think others should support them wherever they politically stand. but they won support others the same way

Looking back on it, I might have handled it a little differently.

I see Jesus eating with the publicans, sinners and tax collectors, not kick them out.

Perhaps it should have been handled this way. Pull SHS aside and say,

"Deep down, I would like for you to leave. My employees don't wish to serve you. I'm angry at your lies and defense of policies that exclude people, separate families and refuse to acknowledge the humanity of others.

"If you would like to eat here, we will allow you to stay. I choose to recognize you are a human being with rights. We will offer you hospitality despite our disagreements. In doing so, please realize EVERY PENNY you spend here today will be donated to a refugee services program to enable refugees to remain in this country.

"Nobody in this restaurant would ever vote for your boss. We are disgusted by your lying to the American public on a daily basis. However, we will willingly serve you in the way you refuse to serve others with whom you disagree. I would like to ask you to leave but ethically, I will make sure you get the same kind of service we would give every single paying customer. We only ask you treat others with whom you disagree the way we will treat you."

I would then tell the servers they need not wait on the table and I would do it myself so they would not feel like they were betraying their personal convictions.

Smellin Coffee said:

I see Jesus eating with the publicans, sinners and tax collectors, not kick them out.

"Deep down, I would like for you to leave. My employees don't wish to serve you. I'm angry at your lies and defense of policies that exclude people, separate families and refuse to acknowledge the humanity of others.

"If you would like to eat here, we will allow you to stay. I choose to recognize you are a human being with rights. We will offer you hospitality despite our disagreements. In doing so, please realize EVERY PENNY you spend here today will be donated to a refugee services program to enable refugees to remain in this country.

"Nobody in this restaurant would ever vote for your boss. We are disgusted by your lying to the American public on a daily basis. However, we will willingly serve you in the way you refuse to serve others with whom you disagree. I would like to ask you to leave but ethically, I will make sure you get the same kind of service we would give every single paying customer. We only ask you treat others with whom you disagree the way we will treat you."

I would then tell the servers they need not wait on the table and I would do it myself so they would not feel like they were betraying their personal convictions.

If I had to listen to that kind of idiotic speech I'd get up and walk out on my own.  I wouldn't trust anything coming out of that kitchen.

Smellin?..

Let me extrapolate on your logic here.

I was on a cruise ship and asked a guy to take a picture of me and my wife.  He did.  He then asked if I could take a picture of them.  "Sure," I said.  He then went and stood beside his gay partner.  I said "Smile,", took their picture, and handed him back his camera.  Thus ended our interaction.

According to you, I should have said, "Sir, I think your lifestyle is an abomination.  I believe that man should not lie with man.  I think what you do is unnatural and a sin not only against God, but against your own body.  Just so you know, not only will I be donating money to the 700 Club, but also eating at Chick Fil A as soon as we return to port.  However, despite my extreme disdain for your lifestyle decisions, I will take your picture...because I am a good Christian.  I will take it myself, so my wife doesn't have to betray her convictions and live with the regret of snapping your photograph."

Now, you tell me, which one was more Christlike. 

Smellin Coffee said:

Wow, she's really a sanctimonious twit, isn't she?

Oh, wait, that's your fan fiction.

Smellin Coffee said:

So you do believe that business owners have the right to refuse service?

cpizzle said:
Smellin?..

Let me extrapolate on your logic here.

I was on a cruise ship and asked a guy to take a picture of me and my wife.  He did.  He then asked if I could take a picture of them.  "Sure," I said.  He then went and stood beside his gay partner.  I said "Smile,", took their picture, and handed him back his camera.  Thus ended our interaction.

According to you, I should have said, "Sir, I think your lifestyle is an abomination.  I believe that man should not lie with man.  I think what you do is unnatural and a sin not only against God, but against your own body.  Just so you know, not only will I be donating money to the 700 Club, but also eating at Chick Fil A as soon as we return to port.  However, despite my extreme disdain for your lifestyle decisions, I will take your picture...because I am a good Christian.  I will take it myself, so my wife doesn't have to betray her convictions and live with the regret of snapping your photograph."

Now, you tell me, which one was more Christlike.

Then the Christian bakers should have never put up a fuss to bake a cake for the gay wedding. :)

FYI, we aren't talking about the average Joe Citizen but rather a political figure. What if they were Klan members? What should be the "service" procedure toward those in the Klan?

Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:

If I had to listen to that kind of idiotic speech I'd get up and walk out on my own.  I wouldn't trust anything coming out of that kitchen.

Bulls-eye! Mission accomplished! :)

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Wow, she's really a sanctimonious twit, isn't she?

Oh, wait, that's your fan fiction.

It must really hurt to be an incel...

subllibrm said:
Smellin Coffee said:

So you do believe that business owners have the right to refuse service?

If the bakers have a legal right of refusal of service based on moral grounds, so should the restaurant.

BTW, the conservatives sure were silent when Biden was refused service. And Biden didn't fuss over it using social media either.

Remembering when a baker turned away Joe Biden and received praise from conservatives

Sanders was judged by the content of her character rather than the color of her skin or her personal love interests.