Capitol Connection in Washington DC........Fundies are foaming all over......

Escapee

Elect
Reaction score
themselves on twitter for saving America for two days. They are there praying with senate and congressional leaders.  To me, it is a  great big photo op! All those people arent KJV and Independent Baptist.  They cant fellowship or pray with the SBC pastor down the street for the name of Jesus but they can pray with politicians for America. It is another example of hypocrisy at its finest. They will go home and lead their people to believe they have saved America! LOL

Sounds like an ecumenical gathering with no separation or standards

Welcome, Escapee! 

You are right.  If they would be willing to join in prayer with the baptist church down the street,  they would accomplish more than this photo-op campaign.  Truth is,  they are fooling themselves into thinking they are somewhat,  when,  in fact,  they are adding nothing.

Washington. Politicians. Prayers and photographs to prove it.

How very Falwellesque.

Yea but, the politicians didn't go for votes, no they didn't, not political at al.

Presenting our congressional leaders with a Bible, a gospel witness and sincere prayers -- that is a waste of time? 

There is nothing that this forum will not stoop to scorn..... 

Sad.

Frag said:
Presenting our congressional leaders with a Bible, a gospel witness and sincere prayers -- that is a waste of time? 

Sad.

Not a waste of time or effort....

A witness to proper motives and eternal reward..... THAT's a different story.... ;)

Frag said:

Sad.

Spending the church's money so the pastor can travel to DC to say a prayer and present a Bible to a politician then return home and boast to his congregation how he has single-handedly saved America from destruction while the marriages of the members continues to fall apart because the MOG is too busy to counsel -- that is a waste of time.

Shepherd the sheep.  Stop the self-grandeurization.  Use the money to help a hurting family in your church instead.  If you feel so inclined, meet your politician when he or she is in your area, out of sessions.

And away from the (supposed) publicity. :)

Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:

Sad.

Spending the church's money so the pastor can travel to DC to say a prayer and present a Bible to a politician then return home and boast to his congregation how he has single-handedly saved America from destruction while the marriages of the members continues to fall apart because the MOG is too busy to counsel -- that is a waste of time.

Shepherd the sheep.  Stop the self-grandeurization.  Use the money to help a hurting family in your church instead.  If you feel so inclined, meet your politician when he or she is in your area, out of sessions.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Escapee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:

Sad.

THIS^^^^ is a pile of horse manure.

Reveals your long standing bias and bitterness towards IFB pastors.

No one has claimed to singlehandedly saved America.
No marriages fell apart in the 3 days I was gone.
Not one person who has requested pastoral counsel went without.
All sheep are cared for.
No self grandeur at all.
All hurting families are properly cared for AND (amazingly) money left over for a ONCE A YEAR trip to meet, influence and pray for our national leaders.
I do also meet with politicians on a state and local level. 

Idiot post spewed from a heart full of bias, hatred and bitterness.

Quick -- name me one preacher/prophet of the Bible who did not at some point interact with governmental leaders? 

Good thing Paul wasn't supported by people like you -- he would have been dropped because of wasting his time witnessing to Festus and Agrippa....

Frag said:
Escapee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:

Sad.

All sheep are cared for.
No self grandeur at all.
All hurting families are properly cared for AND (amazingly) money left over for a ONCE A YEAR trip to meet, influence and pray for our national leaders.

Quick -- name me one preacher/prophet of the Bible who did not at some point interact with governmental leaders? 

Good thing Paul wasn't supported by people like you -- he would have been dropped because of wasting his time witnessing to Festus and Agrippa....

I'm sure they all had a nice vacation. 

Bruh said:
I'm sure they all had a nice vacation.

Get on a plane next year, and actually GO to it, then tell me how much free time you had to vacation. 

Doesn't your butt ever get sore from squirming around in the seat of the scornful?

Frag said:
Escapee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:

Sad.

beautiful response.  Well read, are we?

Frag said:
Pastors, no.  MOGs, yes.

Frag said:
Maybe you didn't, but others have.

Frag said:
All sheep are cared for.
No self grandeur at all.
If this be true of your church - great.  It is not true of others.  I personally have had families calling my wife and I, asking for help because their MOG is too busy to counsel them.  And, yes, he has been on these trips.  I personally know church members and staff members who cannot afford a vehicle repair or furnace repair and their MOG went on these trips.

No self-grandeurization?  Have you met the guy who runs this thing?  The guy who lied to churches about his position in Washington?  The guy who was dismissed from his position because of accusations from school girls?  Really?  Do you even know what you have joined yourself to?  Your co-horts have come back to their pulpits declaring that a national revival is now underway.

Frag said:
Good-on-ya!

Frag said:

Hmmm......How about, I don't know, Jesus?  Yes, he did speak to Pilate, but he situation was different, and it wasn't a prayer over him. 

Frag said:
I seem to forget the story of Paul taking a vacation to travel to Rome to say a nice prayer to Festus and Agrippa.  I do remember him being in chains, beaten and presented for execution during which time he shared his testimony.  Maybe you could help me out?  When did Paul use the money collected by churches to deliver a gift to these governmental leaders and pray for their continuation?

Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:
Escapee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:

Sad.

Frag said:
Pastors, no.  MOGs, yes.

Frag said:

Frag said:
All sheep are cared for.
No self grandeur at all.
If this be true of your church - great.  It is not true of others.  I personally have had families calling my wife and I, asking for help because their MOG is too busy to counsel them.  And, yes, he has been on these trips.  I personally know church members and staff members who cannot afford a vehicle repair or furnace repair and their MOG went on these trips.

No self-grandeurization?  Have you met the guy who runs this thing?  The guy who lied to churches about his position in Washington?  The guy who was dismissed from his position because of accusations from school girls?  Really?  Do you even know what you have joined yourself to?  Your co-horts have come back to their pulpits declaring that a national revival is now underway.

Frag said:
Good-on-ya!

Frag said:

Hmmm......How about, I don't know, Jesus?  Yes, he did speak to Pilate, but he situation was different, and it wasn't a prayer over him. 

Frag said:
I seem to forget the story of Paul taking a vacation to travel to Rome to say a nice prayer to Festus and Agrippa.  I do remember him being in chains, beaten and presented for execution during which time he shared his testimony.  Maybe you could help me out?  When did Paul use the money collected by churches to deliver a gift to these governmental leaders and pray for their continuation?

Funny, "man of God" is a Bible term Paul wrote under inspiration to young Timothy.  Yet you cannot tolerate the description being used to describe pastors today.  Why so insecure?

Why -- based on your obvious, bias, hatred, exaggerations and outright lies -- would I believe ANYTHING you would report about a preacher?  You obviously are a DOEG

And you are right....manure was a poor word to describe your post.  I need to go out to the horse pasture and apologize to every pile...

Frag said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:
Escapee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Frag said:

Sad.

Frag said:
Pastors, no.  MOGs, yes.

Frag said:

Frag said:
All sheep are cared for.
No self grandeur at all.

Frag said:
Good-on-ya!

Frag said:

Frag said:

Funny, "man of God" is a Bible term Paul wrote under inspiration to young Timothy.  Yet you cannot tolerate the description being used to describe pastors today.  Why so insecure?
Now, Frag.  You have been on this forum long enough to know that the term "MOG" is used here to describe a "pastor" whose self-inflated ego is hurtful to the laity, and is generally a manipulative bully.  Maybe we should start a thread entitled, "What is a MOG" to help you out.  No, you are attacking to defer the attention from the real question at hand.

Frag said:
Why -- based on your obvious, bias, hatred, exaggerations and outright lies -- would I believe ANYTHING you would report about a preacher?  You obviously are a DOEG

How do you know I am exaggerating and lying?  Isn't that bearing false witness?  Just a short stint back on the forum and here you are, happily posting your sin.  I am happy for you that God is willing to forgive us our sins, once we confess.  Hopefully, you can do this before the next Lord's Supper at your church.  I would hate for you to get sick.

Frag said:
And you are right....manure was a poor word to describe your post.  I need to go out to the horse pasture and apologize to every pile...

And I'm sure you have alot of those piles in every general vicinity you find yourself.  Thank you for the apology.

Frag said:

Here's the funny thing - In real life, I think you are a pretty good guy.  I respect your ministry.  There are alot of good folk working with you.  On the forum, you are a totally different person.  So, which is the real you?