Christian church DESTROYED Chinese police beat Christians because.......

bgwilkinson

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
.....they used the NRSV instead of the KJV.

China-church-814645.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/814645/china-church-religion-crackdown-shuangmiao-henan
Disclaimer. Ok maybe not, but KJVOs would like that to be what happened.
The Chinese Government would consider the NRSV to be the very words of God.
Let's see if this starts popping up in KJVO propaganda.

So Christians in China are taken our of their building, put in jail, brutally beaten,  money and possessions taken and their building is destroyed and your post above is your reaction - a  joke about the KJV and thee NRSV?  I am speechless.

Edwards said:
So Christians in China are taken our of their building, put in jail, brutally beaten,  money and possessions taken and their building is destroyed and your post above is your reaction - a  joke about the KJV and thee NRSV?  I am speechless.

I didn't take it as a joke. I felt he was using sarcasm to point out that there are people here who would call them Devil's Bibles but there are real Christians being beaten for having real Bibles. I could be wrong but that is how I read it.

LongGone said:
Edwards said:

I didn't take it as a joke. I felt he was using sarcasm to point out that there are people here who would call them Devil's Bibles but there are real Christians being beaten for having real Bibles. I could be wrong but that is how I read it.

Precisely, very astute.
I find it so ironic the very Bible shown here is one of the very worst of the Devil's bibles according to KJVOs. How shameful.
I somehow do not believe these Christians would call the NRSV a Devil's bible. It is God's Word as much as the KJV.

KJVOs be ashamed.

bgwilkinson said:
LongGone said:
Edwards said:
Precisely, very astute.
I find it so ironic the very Bible shown here is one of the very worst of the Devil's bibles according to KJVOs. How shameful.
I somehow do not believe these Christians would call the NRSV a Devil's bible. It is God's Word as much as the KJV.
KJVOs be ashamed.
So you are saying it was ok for you to stay in a "shameful" KJVO church for 50 years, but now that you got your feelings hurt you want to take to the internet and "preach" against what you stood for. Remember you served silently on the deacon of a KJVO church for many years.

Most Christians would not like to see government's tearing down churches of any type and certainly not Christian churches. You seem to be obsessed on running down KJVO churches and FBCH in particular. I respect your right to use whatever bible you want and you should respect their opinion to be KJVO.

If you feel so strongly why don't you introduce yourself to Wilkerson and tell him and the current deacon board how you feel. Did you make your opinion known before they called another KJVO pastor or did you hide in the shadows like you have for 50 years?

sword said:
bgwilkinson said:
LongGone said:
Edwards said:
Precisely, very astute.
KJVOs be ashamed.
So you are saying it was ok for you to stay in a "shameful" KJVO church for 50 years, but now that you got your feelings hurt you want to take to the internet and "preach" against what you stood for. Remember you served silently on the deacon of a KJVO church for many years.

Most Christians would not like to see government's tearing down churches of any type and certainly not Christian churches. You seem to be obsessed on running down KJVO churches and FBCH in particular. I respect your right to use whatever bible you want and you should respect their opinion to be KJVO.

If you feel so strongly why don't you introduce yourself to Wilkerson and tell him and the current deacon board how you feel. Did you make your opinion known before they called another KJVO pastor or did you hide in the shadows like you have for 50 years?

You are simply wrong my position is well known to pastor and deacons. Our church is not KJVO as I describe below.
Here is a quote from a letter I sent to our pastor in early 2013. This had also been circulated to those on the deacon board in 2012. This is a very short excerpt. You might call it where all the bones are buried. There is nothing salacious here. I edited all that out.

14. One more thing at that Pastors' School, Bro Hyles became a
Neofundamentalist. What do I mean by that? He left old time fundamentalism and
bought into extreme wacky doctrines unknown to previous fundamentalists such as
his mentor John R. Rice.
He publicly proclaimed the false man made doctrine of One Version Onlyism.
This is the same doctrine the Catholics proclaimed for over 1,000
years. A.D. 500 to A.D. 1500. They claimed that only the Latin Vulgate was the
authentic Words of God, and that you could not be saved apart from it.

15. Enter Bro. Hyles. He proclaims that only the King James Bible is
the Word of God, and you can not be saved apart from it.
He further proclaims that all other Bibles are Devil's bibles.
He stood in one Pastors' School and tore pages out of an NIV Bible and called it of the devil.
This is also just like the Catholics. Blasphemy in the extreme.
In William Tyndale's time (early 1500s). Catholics claimed that the
Greek and Hebrew Bibles were Devil's Bibles too. Just like Bro. Hyles did.
Bro. Hyles said many times, "I am more Catholic than I am Charismatic".
I know now what he meant. He ascribed God's Words to the Devil.
That is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit the Breather of the Words.

16. One Version Onlyism is heresy of the worst kind, but Bro Hyles was
proclaiming it. John R. Rice wrote an article in the Sword of the Lord
shortly before he died that addressed how false KJV Onlyism was and is.
I attached that. Some Questions for King James Fans.

17. It is amazing to me that Bro. Hyles waited until John Rice died to
drive FBC into the ditch where the swamp of King James Onlyism is located.

18. Bro. Hyles started slowly in the early 80s moving us into KJV Onlyism.
It was very gradual. Very slowly. It was an almost imperceptible shift.
Until he was preaching that you could not be saved unless the soul winner
used a King James Bible. I was troubled for a time until he gave me
Gail Ripplinger's New Age Bibles. I read it through and could not believe
the wackiness. It went against everything I had been taught by my parents.

19. Then one day I started to check the references she gave to various
historical works. I found out that the woman was a habitual liar.
Many times the source that she cited said exactly the opposite of what she
said they said. When you write a book like that you can dream up anything
you want and it will look authentic unless one checks the sources.

20. I started to read the books that the King James men would have read
to produce their work. I read nothing written after the 1700s.
I continued to read and the only place I could find the Onlyism doctrine
was in the Catholic Church regarding the Latin Vulgate.

21. Bro. Hyles also started teaching the eternal blood theory that holds that
Jesus did not have human blood. He was not 100% human but had God's blood. I
found this heresy taught in the 2nd century church, Gnostics taught this as
well as Catholics.

22. My heart is deeply grieved over the situation our church is in. And
has been in for a number of years. We started shrinking in numbers in the mid
80s about the time Bro. Hyles started preaching KJV Onlyism and the sex
scandals were so prevalent. I don't know if KJV Onlyism and sex scandals
are connected. Maybe it's the arrogance of one who says falsely I have the
only correct bible. Oh, Mat Jerrill was KJV Only too.

I don't believe in the King James Bible, rather I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and Him only will
I serve. Not a scripture translation. That is idolatry.
The sins just keep multiplying.
I believe we need to repent as a church as well as individually.
I am praying for you, your wife and your children constantly.
I Love you and your family.
I am very worried about the future of our church.
My grand-kids and great grand-kids need a strong Christ honoring Church.

bgwilkinson said:
sword said:
bgwilkinson said:
LongGone said:
Edwards said:
Precisely, very astute.
KJVOs be ashamed.

You are simply wrong my position is well known to pastor and deacons. Our church is not KJVO as I describe below.
Here is a quote from a letter I sent to our pastor in early 2013. This had also been circulated to those on the deacon board in 2012. This is a very short excerpt. You might call it where all the bones are buried. There is nothing salacious here. I edited all that out.

14. One more thing at that Pastors' School, Bro Hyles became a
Neofundamentalist. What do I mean by that? He left old time fundamentalism and
bought into extreme wacky doctrines unknown to previous fundamentalists such as
his mentor John R. Rice.
He publicly proclaimed the false man made doctrine of One Version Onlyism.
This is the same doctrine the Catholics proclaimed for over 1,000
years. A.D. 500 to A.D. 1500. They claimed that only the Latin Vulgate was the
authentic Words of God, and that you could not be saved apart from it.

15. Enter Bro. Hyles. He proclaims that only the King James Bible is
the Word of God, and you can not be saved apart from it.
He further proclaims that all other Bibles are Devil's bibles.
He stood in one Pastors' School and tore pages out of an NIV Bible and called it of the devil.
This is also just like the Catholics. Blasphemy in the extreme.
In William Tyndale's time (early 1500s). Catholics claimed that the
Greek and Hebrew Bibles were Devil's Bibles too. Just like Bro. Hyles did.
Bro. Hyles said many times, "I am more Catholic than I am Charismatic".
I know now what he meant. He ascribed God's Words to the Devil.
That is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit the Breather of the Words.

16. One Version Onlyism is heresy of the worst kind, but Bro Hyles was
proclaiming it. John R. Rice wrote an article in the Sword of the Lord
shortly before he died that addressed how false KJV Onlyism was and is.
I attached that. Some Questions for King James Fans.

17. It is amazing to me that Bro. Hyles waited until John Rice died to
drive FBC into the ditch where the swamp of King James Onlyism is located.

18. Bro. Hyles started slowly in the early 80s moving us into KJV Onlyism.
It was very gradual. Very slowly. It was an almost imperceptible shift.
Until he was preaching that you could not be saved unless the soul winner
used a King James Bible. I was troubled for a time until he gave me
Gail Ripplinger's New Age Bibles. I read it through and could not believe
the wackiness. It went against everything I had been taught by my parents.

19. Then one day I started to check the references she gave to various
historical works. I found out that the woman was a habitual liar.
Many times the source that she cited said exactly the opposite of what she
said they said. When you write a book like that you can dream up anything
you want and it will look authentic unless one checks the sources.

20. I started to read the books that the King James men would have read
to produce their work. I read nothing written after the 1700s.
I continued to read and the only place I could find the Onlyism doctrine
was in the Catholic Church regarding the Latin Vulgate.

21. Bro. Hyles also started teaching the eternal blood theory that holds that
Jesus did not have human blood. He was not 100% human but had God's blood. I
found this heresy taught in the 2nd century church, Gnostics taught this as
well as Catholics.

22. My heart is deeply grieved over the situation our church is in. And
has been in for a number of years. We started shrinking in numbers in the mid
80s about the time Bro. Hyles started preaching KJV Onlyism and the sex
scandals were so prevalent. I don't know if KJV Onlyism and sex scandals
are connected. Maybe it's the arrogance of one who says falsely I have the
only correct bible. Oh, Mat Jerrill was KJV Only too.

I don't believe in the King James Bible, rather I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and Him only will
I serve. Not a scripture translation. That is idolatry.
The sins just keep multiplying.
I believe we need to repent as a church as well as individually.
I am praying for you, your wife and your children constantly.
I Love you and your family.
I am very worried about the future of our church.
My grand-kids and great grand-kids need a strong Christ honoring Church.

I realize that this subject has been done to death but I was just reading about the Pilgrims and their steadfast christian beliefs when they came to America. If what JH says is true, then you would have to say that most of them were never even saved because they did not use the KJV. And, I wonder how many other groups who helped to found this nation did not use the KJV?

I know most, if not everyone, on here would agree it's the gospel that saves. It's the story of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and putting your faith in that finished work that saves. I strongly believe that's what Hyles believed as well.

Preachers, and authors for that matter, often use hyperbole for shock value and to make a point when they know it's an exaggeration. The problem is people don't always interpret it that way and it leads to confusion. This is further complicated when they put such hyperbole in print. This can lead to misunderstanding and even false doctrine being created. Jack Hyles often spoke of leading people to Christ with their Catholic Douay Bible or with no Bible at all. If the King James is required for salvation then what about those who died before 1611. It would also be an issue for people from nations who speak no English. Jack Hyles clearly understood and taught this so for him to make the other statement was foolish in my opinion.

I believe the gospel story was given to man by God in the Garden of Eden. I believe after the fall of man God explained the symbolism of the blood sacrifice and their need for a savior, who would die on the cross for their sins. I believe the sole purpose of the sacrifice was to picture a coming savior and to spread the message of salvation. The old testament saints looked to the cross just as we look back to the cross, but the process of salvation was the same.