Christian Hebrew Roots Movement

Billy

Elect
Reaction score
Anyone care to take a stab at it.

Thanks,

Billy

Not sure if you're talking about a specific or particular group here or the overall teaching that our Christian faith finds it roots in the Scripture that was given to and through the Jewish people.

There are many different approaches to the application of this truth.

What they seek has been long lost to history. They can't keep what they can't find....

This site discusses the movement:

http://www.empoweredbychrist.org/the-hebrew-roots-movement.html

Thanks,

Billy

Billy said:

Thanks,

Billy

Ask them if they wear "blue" in the borders of their garments.... I bet they don't.

Num 15:37  And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num 15:38  Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Num 15:39  And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

This law isn't ceremonial or dietary. Yet, very few follow it.

It really comes down to the obvious. They say they keep the law and they don't. They want to keep the Torah but they can't. They fail miserably.

Thank God for Grace...

Jesus freed us from bearing the burden of the law alone because it was a burden we could not bear proven by the fact that we broke the law over and over in our lives.

The bible tells you what God's will is it is everything true and good so acts do matter but look: We were freed from certain condemnation for not following the law by Jesus's sacrifice. So why follow it? LOVE. If you love God you keep his commandments out of love for Him.

In other words love transcends consequence because love is above all things. Why else would a God who already has everything come down from heaven in the person of Jesus and die on a cross for us? He already had everything because he was God. What did he gain for it for himself? Nothing it was for our gain. When you love something you do for their gain unconditionally. So if we love God we do for Him what makes Him happy and gives him joy which is to follow His commandments.

It may appeal to the pride to believe we are good enough to be saved through our own actions but Jesus is the only good one and it is more difficult to lower our pride and humble ourselves before the Lord in Jesus name.

In Romans 2:13 there are two category of people described there are those who hear the law but dont do it and those who actually do it. It says the ones who do it will be justified. We all fall into the category of those who hear the law but don't do it. Only Jesus falls into the category of the ones who followed the law in action so only he will be justified.

Don?t forget how Jesus closes his teaching on the Law. He says: ?Whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven! But whoever keeps them and teaches others to do the same will be great in the kingdom of heaven.? So whoever breaks one of the least of the commandments shall be called least. But we all break even the least of the commandments so we will all be called least. Jesus is the only one who kept them so he will be called greater. So this is saying we are all considered lesser in the kingdom of heaven before Jesus and his glory and Jesus is the only one who will be called great in the kingdom of heaven because all glory praise and honor go to him, being as he is the only one who kept the commandments. It doens't mean we are can possibly keep the commandments we will break them and have to be forgiven.

Mathhew 23:23 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay the tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith: These ought ye have done, and not leave the other undone." Same thing as the previous chapters the Hebrew roots movement just needs a dose of humility in their interpretation perhaps. In other words we all fall under the same category as the scribes and Phariesses in that we paid the tithe of mint and anise and cummin but omitted the weightier matters of the law from our lives, judgement, mercy, and faith. These ought we all have done and not left the other undone, but only Jesus actually did these things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

melisacastaneda8 said:
Jesus freed us from bearing the burden of the law alone because it was a burden we could not bear proven by the fact that we broke the law over and over in our lives.

The bible tells you what God's will is it is everything true and good so acts do matter but look: We were freed from certain condemnation for not following the law by Jesus's sacrifice. So why follow it? LOVE. If you love God you keep his commandments out of love for Him.

In other words love transcends consequence because love is above all things. Why else would a God who already has everything come down from heaven in the person of Jesus and die on a cross for us? He already had everything because he was God. What did he gain for it for himself? Nothing it was for our gain. When you love something you do for their gain unconditionally. So if we love God we do for Him what makes Him happy and gives him joy which is to follow His commandments.

It may appeal to the pride to believe we are good enough to be saved through our own actions but Jesus is the only good one and it is more difficult to lower our pride and humble ourselves before the Lord in Jesus name.

In Romans 2:13 there are two category of people described there are those who hear the law but dont do it and those who actually do it. It says the ones who do it will be justified. We all fall into the category of those who hear the law but don't do it. Only Jesus falls into the category of the ones who followed the law in action so only he will be justified.

Don?t forget how Jesus closes his teaching on the Law. He says: ?Whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven! But whoever keeps them and teaches others to do the same will be great in the kingdom of heaven.? So whoever breaks one of the least of the commandments shall be called least. But we all break even the least of the commandments so we will all be called least. Jesus is the only one who kept them so he will be called greater. So this is saying we are all considered lesser in the kingdom of heaven before Jesus and his glory and Jesus is the only one who will be called great in the kingdom of heaven because all glory praise and honor go to him, being as he is the only one who kept the commandments. It doens't mean we are can possibly keep the commandments we will break them and have to be forgiven.

Mathhew 23:23 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay the tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith: These ought ye have done, and not leave the other undone." Same thing as the previous chapters the Hebrew roots movement just needs a dose of humility in their interpretation perhaps. In other words we all fall under the same category as the scribes and Phariesses in that we paid the tithe of mint and anise and cummin but omitted the weightier matters of the law from our lives, judgement, mercy, and faith. These ought we all have done and not left the other undone, but only Jesus actually did these things.

I agree with most of what is being said here. However, I believe there is another point to be made: we cannot know the "true" law except as modeled and taught by Jesus. The Torah had been interpolated (Jeremiah 8) so the law the Pharisees were keeping was 'kinda' true but not wholly preserved as God had issued it.

What I find interesting (perhaps merely coincidence) is how the one who does not keep the law will be called "least". Paul's name means "least". Could this be a prophetic statement from Jesus concerning the change Paul was going to introduce into the gospel? I am certainly not going to be dogmatic on it but seeing as how Paul did away with the law altogether, it makes me pause and wonder.

Smellin Coffee said:
melisacastaneda8 said:

I agree with most of what is being said here. However, I believe there is another point to be made: we cannot know the "true" law except as modeled and taught by Jesus. The Torah had been interpolated (Jeremiah 8) so the law the Pharisees were keeping was 'kinda' true but not wholly preserved as God had issued it.

What I find interesting (perhaps merely coincidence) is how the one who does not keep the law will be called "least". Paul's name means "least". Could this be a prophetic statement from Jesus concerning the change Paul was going to introduce into the gospel? I am certainly not going to be dogmatic on it but seeing as how Paul did away with the law altogether, it makes me pause and wonder.
Wow I didn't even know that when writing this post!  That is awesome!  Paul, one would think, would be among the greatest men who ever lived in the kingdom of heaven for the life he lived, but even his name means "lesser" b/c he was a sinner like the rest of us.

Smellin Coffee said:
melisacastaneda8 said:

Well I see it like this as far as the law.  The first and greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul.  Jesus came and fullfilled the law, but what is Jesus?  Jesus is love.  So love itself came and fullfilled the law: which is to love God.  What other than perfect love itself could fullfill a law that asked for perfect love for God? We certainly could not.  So the law was to posses a love within you that was perfect for God, and perfect love came and fullfilled this law.

Most of the HR folks I've encountered online are legalistic Judaized nutcases who are, per Galatians, severed from Christ.

Many outright deny the deity of Christ, and so are rank infidels.

Billy said:

Thanks,

Billy

*sigh*

It seems informative, but it's disappointing that it has multiple typos early on.  That kind of thing makes me question the diligence of the author.

I do like me some good pork.  8)