please let it be Spamderson

I recently did a search for him on the internet, realizing that I had not been intertained recently. I didn't see anything current. The last thing that I saw was about his son being involved in some sexual thing or the other. Has Rev Stephen retired due to embarrassment?

Did he go on to explain he not suggesting members sacrifice their lives or commit violent acts, but to be willing to LIVE for Christ. To serve something bigger than themselves. To surrender fully to the will of God and to live every day for him.

I have said "throughout history people have been willing to risk their lives and even die for what they believe yet Christians in America can't even make it to church" (studies show church attendance down 15% to 20% of pre-pandemic levels), "can't witness to others about Christ" and "are too busy no longer volunteering their time to Christian projects".

If he did not make it clear he was not advocating violence, but talking about commitment and passion to Christian service then I would say his statement was reckless. Clip did not give full context to his statement. I don't always take what I see on CNN at face value.

Leave it to NewsWEAK to take something like this and completely blow it all out of proportion. Even if it could be established that this guy is a whack job (not much of a stretch) the liberal media loves to paint Trump supporters in such an unflattering tone. I'll bet they're trying to make something out of a nothing burger.

Check out this quote from Wikipedia and see if the article in the OP doesn't fit the definition:

Yellow journalism and yellow press are American terms for journalism and associated newspapers that present little or no legitimate, well-researched news while instead using eye-catching headlines for increased sales.[1] Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism. By extension, the term yellow journalism is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion.

Who is Spamderson? I don’t see that name in Google search.
Yikes. He is the scariest version of Whack job IFB in the world. He did something stupid with the border patrol and it was in national news.

Oh…OK, that’s the guy that someone posted a border patrol video about on here a couple months ago. He was a former poster on here, I think someone mentioned.
Both those "someones" being me.

Anderson's kind of a forum mascot. Or at least a forum chew toy.

I don't personally know any fundamental Baptists who consider Steve Anderson at all connected to them, their church or the churches the associate with. They all think he's lost his mind and is an embarrassment to the Baptist name and the cause of Christ.

The man is nuts and I wish he would form his own group / cult and drop the name Baptist altogether. I lump him in with the Westboro Baptist nuts.

I don't personally know any fundamental Baptists who consider Steve Anderson at all connected to them, their church or the churches the associate with. They all think he's lost his mind and is an embarrassment to the Baptist name and the cause of Christ.

The man is nuts and I wish he would form his own group / cult and drop the name Baptist altogether. I lump him in with the Westboro Baptist nuts.
He did form his own group/cult and has many copying his antics. I think they call themselves the New Independent Baptists.

He did form his own group/cult and has many copying his antics. I think they call themselves the New Independent Baptists.
"New Independent Fundamentalist Baptists," to be precise.

And true to form, they've already had a split: after it was learned that an NIFB pastor in Texas had hired prostitutes, there was controversy over his successor.

I recently did a search for him on the internet, realizing that I had not been intertained recently. I didn't see anything current. The last thing that I saw was about his son being involved in some sexual thing or the other. Has Rev Stephen retired due to embarrassment?
It appears he is still pastor of the same church in Arizona.

I remember the issue over his son from a few years ago, but don't remember anything coming of it.

Anderson hasn't retired, but it might seem that way to an outsider. The sermons on the church's Web site are up to date. I have fun imagining him sleeping on a couch in his office, that being the only place left in the physical universe that he hasn't been banished from, to say nothing of his being persona non grata on social media.