Christians who defend the indefensible!

rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist]Perhaps a remedial grammar course would be profitable as well. You don't need a remedial course in deflection.....but that's about it! You're disingenuious.......as are Christians who defend sin....which was what the OP was about![/quote] Again....the word "disingenuious" as you used it is modifying "Christian". Grammatically said:
In what context would profanity be noble?

First: "Ignoble" does not necessarily mean "sinful".

Second:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ

Luckily for you, the ESV translators have softened the language so as not to offend people. :)

You are disingenuious in your posting, position and logic.....but I am not questioning your Christianity!

Ransom said:
Just a simple announcement: If your fb page regularly contains swear words, near-nude pictures, and celebrates alcohol, rock music, etc. then don't be shocked when I won't accept your friend request.

Hm. Doesn't sound very friendly to me.

As the man said, it's gotta be rock 'n' roll music if you wanna dance with me. Which he wouldn't. Cuz that would be bad too, probly.

Ones mans rock is another mans worship music, this true!
My point is that the guy has a right to friend or de friend anyone he chooses on FB.
I used to confront a KJVO friend on FB over his posts....he asked me to just ignore him....he wasn't posting for my consumption. I did as he asked.

On the other side of defending the indefensible coin.....someone on the other, other forum posted that, in Schaap and FBCH firing case.....no sex was involved....there was only one woman.....and the secretary that drove the girl to meet Schaap was fired for violating church policy!

And that's GOOD?

Tarheel Baptist said:
On the other side of defending the indefensible coin.....someone on the other, other forum posted that, in Schaap and FBCH firing case.....no sex was involved....there was only one woman.....and the secretary that drove the girl to meet Schaap was fired for violating church policy!

And that's GOOD?

This begs the question...The secretary drove the girl to meet Schaap for what?

Agent P said:
While I say a pox on both sides of the Chick-Fil-A argument, I went there Saturday to eat.  The controversy brought back memories of how good the food was.  The counterperson said business was doing just great!

"I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you cannot change..."
That quote goes both for me and the awesome food at CFA...

As I posted somewhere else in this forum:

Good fried chicken is yummy! Politics is not fried chicken.

I'll take your word for it that CFA's chicken is good, since the nearest one to me is 500 miles away in Boise. I don't think their politics is all that good, but I'll ignore that if their chicken is. I do the same for Ben & Jerry's, which gives lots to causes I dislike but has the best ice cream, which overwhelms their politics.

T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Many Freebird Christians often put themselves in a position to defend the indefensible!
I find it humorous that on Facebook many of them are having conniptions over the Chick FIL A argument.....they had rather defend the liberal attacks on CFL than agree with so called legalists!

The same thing happens here....some actually defend evolution, homosexuality etc rather than be on the same side of an issue with the fundys!

I don't understand this illogic.....

I know this happens...my approach has always tried to be that I stand on what I feel is biblical truth, and care very little who stands there with me.

Ditto that! It so happens that Tarheel and I stand on different sides on some things, and on the same side on some things. But I think its out of honest conviction for both of us. I'm fine with agreeing with fundies or liberals, and fine with disagreeing with them. It all depends on the merits of the particular issue.

I am NOT boycotting CFA... at least not until I taste their chicken. If it sucks, I might boycott them for that reason. But, from all the reports I've had, I'm guessing it's at least pretty good.