Church at home?

Sola scriptural

Elect
Reaction score
http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/01/church-at-home-why-the-house-church-movement-is-growing/

Heard a news report recently about religious participation and established churches.  Numbers in church attendance seem to be down, but participation in religious observances isn't necessarily down.  The report was on the radio, so I can't link or reference it.

On a separate occasion, I was talking to an IB pastor contemplating a whole restructuring of his church (not necessarily home church but new constitution, new expectations of members, etc).  He asked me what I thought of such a bold attempt.  I replied that I thought it was good, but that he should even consider going real bold and start more home based ministry (studies, care groups, etc)

Is this a solution for IFB churches?  Rising costs of real estate, escalating taxes, government interference and sexual mandates make it tough for our types.  With PC police (even within the church) cramping our style, will the church need to become more underground?

What think ye?

Sola scriptural said:
http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/01/church-at-home-why-the-house-church-movement-is-growing/

Heard a news report recently about religious participation and established churches.  Numbers in church attendance seem to be down, but participation in religious observances isn't necessarily down.  The report was on the radio, so I can't link or reference it.

On a separate occasion, I was talking to an IB pastor contemplating a whole restructuring of his church (not necessarily home church but new constitution, new expectations of members, etc).  He asked me what I thought of such a bold attempt.  I replied that I thought it was good, but that he should even consider going real bold and start more home based ministry (studies, care groups, etc)

Is this a solution for IFB churches?  Rising costs of real estate, escalating taxes, government interference and sexual mandates make it tough for our types.  With PC police (even within the church) cramping our style, will the church need to become more underground?

What think ye?

Interesting.  I've never given home assemblies any thought. 

"Instead of a traditional sermon from Pastor [name], everyone can speak."

Amazing.  But for what's written in the Bible, I would never have imagined this was possible. 

Web said:
Finally, a new topic that hasn't been discussed at great length.

Can I get some good karma?  My thumbs down are piling up!  My self esteem needs a boost :)

Web said:
Sola scriptural said:
Web said:

Can I get some good karma?  My thumbs down are piling up!  My self esteem needs a boost :)

Your self esteem may take another nosedive when you realize i was being sarcastic.

Talk about a crash landing!  :(

How about Bible versions?
Contemporary Christian Music?
How Jean Calvin was spawn of Satan?
The length of my hair?

These have to be original!  Which do you recommend I start to get thumbs ups?

Sola scriptural said:

What think ye?

Sexual mandates? 

Web said:
Sola scriptural said:
Web said:

Your self esteem may take another nosedive when you realize i was being sarcastic.

I do have one question (more of an "I wonder").  In the example in the video, the home church has a pastor.  He doesn't give sermons, and the assembly meets at a different house every week.  But they still take a collection and pay the pastor a salary, and it sounds like it's supposed to be a living wage.  I have to wonder what else he's doing that's not mentioned to earn that salary. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
I do have one question (more of an "I wonder").  In the example in the video, the home church has a pastor.  He doesn't give sermons, and the assembly meets at a different house every week.  But they still take a collection and pay the pastor a salary, and it sounds like it's supposed to be a living wage.  I have to wonder what else he's doing that's not mentioned to earn that salary.

How DARE you question the MOG!  Now, pay up.
angry-preacher-creative-commons.gif