Church Selection..To each his own

TimbauxRioux

Elect
Reaction score
Facebook has allowed many of us to be reconciled with old friends, and people we met on other forums become a lot more personal..you know their real names, their background, family, etc.

I am an evangelist, and non-legalistic, congregational vote, etc.. I attend either an Independent Baptist church or SBC church each week.

Not being in a church planting situation at the time, I sometimes post articles on Facebook, and all of my new friends from other forums read what I write.

I have one friend who is absolutely crazy over Fred KC Price. Another is really into Joel O'Steen.

The one who is into Price is very outspoken, even though she is a new christian, she thinks she knows everything about everything she touches. Finances,,, not an expert, but give her a year of experience and she knows more than anyone else.

The lady who likes Joel Osteen... she is less outspoken, and if she disagrees with what I say, she will send me PM and discuss with me.

Now, of course, I dont expect everyone to believe the same thing, but, the truth is there are a few things all of us should share in common if we claim to be Christians. being born again is one... another thing concerns the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

When it comes to church selection, the know it all attends a charismatic church, the softer one likes Joel Osteen type churches,, the soft preaching, not much talk about sin.

I have always been rough around the edges..grew up in an area where you get into a lot of fights, i mean a lot. I am not the greatest Christian, and the kind of church i go to the preaching is stiff, but not legalistic.

I brought one friend to my church, and she was telling me,, "I can see you like and need this, I dont."

And.. i think that is true.. that she doesnt need the same kind of preaching I do...and further, she can spend more time learning..while i am sitting in church trying to get to walking a straight line.

Make sense?  I just think though I would not go to Osteens church, I think some people need or benefit from it. I cant see someone staying there permanently... but they need to soft stuff sometimes. 

To each his own.

I think what you just described eventually happens in many places. I had heard of Willow Hill..I think Dr Bob was telling me about it one time..

I couldnt survive in an Osteen type church.... just not what I need. Others couldnt stand my church..

I am going to get that book and read it. Got some Amazon credit card points i can use to get it free. Thanks!