Coffee Drinking in the Capitalist World

Who makes the best coffee?

• Starbucks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Rifle Company

• I'm a Mormon and coffee is of the Devil! Repent!

• Total voters

Baptist Renegade

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Where do you purchase your coffee to bring into the sanctuary or to sit in front of the keyboard to post on the FFF?

I voted Dutch Brothers because it's not a bad cup of coffee. Certainly better than Starbucks. I tried Tim Hortons but it didn't do anything for me. Dunkin Donuts is ok... haven't tried the others.

Seriously, for the money, McDonald's makes the best coffee if you have to do drive thru coffee, which I do sometimes. It's good strong coffee and you can't beat the price; even though their prices have gone through the roof because they're paying workers $15+/hr, a large coffee there is still under $2, which is probably 1/3 the price of Starbucks.

IMNSHO, the absolute best coffee out there is Peet's. The only place I have seen shops is in California. It's in the grocery stores but very expensive. Costco carries it but only in whole bean. I keep a bag for emergencies and special occasions. They carry K cups but those fly off the rack as soon as they put them out. I buy my K cups off of Amazon. That's the most cost effective way if you want to only brew up a cup at a time.

Starbucks is OK if you want espresso-based drinks. Otherwise, meh.

I used to live across the street from a Dunkin Donuts, before all the franchises in Canada closed. Their coffee was swill. I generally make my own coffee, but if I wanted a chain coffee, I went two blocks out of my way to Tim's rather than across the street to Dunkin.

Haven't had Dutch Bros. or Black Rifle, so no comment.

On that list, Starbucks is the worst & DD is the best.

Since Dutch Brothers has opened up in my area, I haven't darkened the doorstep at Starbucks! I think you can actually work there without being all tatted and pierced up with some neon hair dye!

They are also opening a Tim Hortons close to my Church. I guess they are moving in down here since they have bought Burger King? I know the Canucks are crazy about their Tim Hortons. I was on a business trip up there and tried to get something on my way to work and the drive-in line was all the way out in the street!

We don’t have Dutch Brothers or Tim Horton where I live. I’ve only seen Black Rifle coffee sold at Bass Pro. I’m not a fan of Starbucks and strongly dislike their politics and prices, but I’ll grab a cup if I’m traveling on the interstate and the only alternative is gas station coffee. I do get DD’s coffee on occasion, but again, only if it’s convenient.

Having lived in Florida for many years now, my first preference is cafe con leche, which is usually only available at Cuban restaurants. If we’re brewing at home, we usually do cafe con leche using the “sock” method or we go the New Orleans route with Cafe Du Monde (coffee with chickory) if using the more traditional brew method. I’m not a coffee guzzler, so my daily routine is to fill up a Yeti and nurse it at work until close to lunchtime, then I usually go the decaf route.

I get mine two places.
Triple D Espresso, which used to be Dunn Brothers, a local chain. They roast in the store, so it is almost always 2 days old.

1696839868429.png1696839907574.png
My son also roasts his own beans and that is just as good.

Since Dutch Brothers has opened up in my area, I haven't darkened the doorstep at Starbucks! I think you can actually work there without being all tatted and pierced up with some neon hair dye!
did you leave a word out of that statement?...or do you really believe someone can work at starbucks without having tats - piercings - or weird hair colors?...... i hope it reads right..... ..... i worked at starbucks for several years and i don;t have even have pierced ears.... much less any tattoos... and i have never used hair dye of any kind or color.... ....

but i don;t go into starbucks much anymore either since i was banned from all but 2 of them on the island... .. the one inside my building and the one down the block across the street...... ..i am still listed as a part time relief employee at an independant coffee shop but they use lion coffee.... the same kind we brew and serve in my sunday school class....:coffee:

Last edited:
but i don;t go into starbucks much anymore either since i was banned from all but 2 of them on the island... .. the one inside my building and the one down the block across the street...... ..i am still listed as a part time relief employee at an independant coffee shop but they use lion coffee.... the same kind we brew and serve in my sunday school class....:coffee:
Banned from Starbucks because you work at a different coffee joint?

Where do you purchase your coffee to bring into the sanctuary or to sit in front of the keyboard to post on the FFF?
when you say "capitalist world".. do you mean capitalist as in a church congregation voting to allow food and drinks... including coffee ..in all other parts of the church property... including all classes - meetings and etc. ... but forbidding food and drinks in the church sanctuary?..... ..

or is your idea of "capitalism" allowing any knothead who desires it to act against the church rules and sit down next to you in a pew with a smelly aromatic meal ..(think balut)... that he munches - slurps and chews on with his mouth open then belches out loud.... (or worse...) ...

like i said in another post we have lion coffee in our sunday school class.... it;s the teachers favorite.... and she not only buys it for the class but bought all the coffee makers and even stocked a cabinet in the class full of ceramic lion coffee mugs.... her assistant teacher lives close to the airport and brings duncan donuts.... but others also bring homemade coffee cakes and other things at times... .... ....sunday school is still part of church isn;t it?..... ;)

986061275d38035f5a5c5852567543bf.png

Last edited:
Banned from Starbucks because you work at a different coffee joint?
no.... ...i got banned for picking up a knife and chasing someone out of the store and down the block after he leaned over the counter behind me and made a very obscene comment..... .. i was also tackled by a fellow employee on the sidewalk - stoping me from catching the guy... and then was also briefly arrested... had to spend a half hour in the back seat of a police car.. while the police.. the guy i chased.. the manager and all witnesses had a discussion about it..... .. ... but instead of taking me to jail the officer took me to the fire station my dad was working at that day.... the rest about what the guy claimed he was doing and what he demanded be done is all a really long story... banning me from starbucks was part of the agreement all concerned parties made to satisfy him and keep me from having charges filed on me.... ....thing is... he never denied saying what i told police he said... . he fully admited to it.... and that was one of the reasons i never went to jail over it....

Last edited:
Related to Roger and Jim Peet? Both live in Minnesota.
Nope, but likely have some relation to Bill Peet who was a Disney Animator for many years. My ex Father-in-Law was a really good illustrator too but he worked for So-Cal Edison until his retirement.

did you leave a word out of that statement?...or do you really believe someone can work at starbucks with having tats - piercings - or weird hair colors?...... i hope it reads right..... ..... i worked at starbucks for several years and i don;t have even have pierced ears.... much less any tattoos... and i have never used hair dye of any kind or color.... ....

All of the Starbucks I have been in, it seems like they really like the "Flair!" 13 pieces is the minimum but we encourage you to "Express Yourself! 🤣

By "Coffee in the Capitalist World, I was wondering what capitalist entity you tend to purchase your prepared cuppa brew from.

I think I have told you this in the past but you really ought to sit down with a Hollywood Screenwriter sometime! I am betting they could come up with more than a few interesting "Characters" and at least a dozen or so story lines from you, RWS, and Deep Six! It would make an epic action-adventure!

banning me from starbucks was part of the agreement all concerned parties made to satisfy him and keep me from having charges filed on me.
Out of curiosity…was this considered pretrial diversion or just an agreement between you and Starbucks?

Out of curiosity…was this considered pretrial diversion or just an agreement between you and Starbucks?
just an agreement between me and starbucks.. but they also had to appease the other party.... there were no charges filed and not even an official record of arrest made... just a police incident report..... no official complaint was even filed.... the guy withdrew it while he was still in the process of filling it out in front of police... i don;t know what all was being said between him and police while i was still sitting in the police car.. but the conversation out there was heated on both sides.... like i said there is a lot more to this story than i want to tell about here... but i did not end up with any kind of permanent record over it.... just told not to go back into that or any other starbucks for a long time... except for the 2 where my closest friends worked and were managers....

but nothing was ever officially documented about that either so i guess i could go inside one and spend time now if i wanted to.... just don;t want to.... and in truth if someone at one of those others stores knows me - knows about the incident and wanted to make trouble for me they could.... and i would rather just avoid it..... .. but we still stop at starbucks all the way around the island on our round the island bike rides.... just in to order and then leave... we drink it on the road.... but if anyone is in there i know or use to work with - then my friends who know what i want to order go in and get it for me....i stay outside.... it was a fun place to work as a teenager... but it;s just a lot of bad memories now....

Last edited: