Coffee Drinking in the Forum

these are the 2 we have been using at home most often now... . we have a thermoplan black and white purchased
new from old stock... and fill on hopper with the regular dark roast and the other with espresso... the both get
used fairly quickly... even faster now with more people showing up at my sisters office... ..if we run out of these
we go back to using the 5 pound bags of starbucks dark roast we get from our wholesale vendor.... ........although
the roast is very important whether coffee is good or bad it generally more in the grind and the manner in which
it;s brewed than the actual coffee itself.. ...still in my opinion nothing beats a dark roasted bean so well cooked
that it has a black oily sheen to it....
:cool:
Death_Wish_Coffee_DarkRoast_1LB_Ground_Front_1024x.jpegdeathwishespressodark.jpeg

these are the 2 we have been using at home most often now... . we have a thermoplan black and white purchased
new from old stock... and fill on hopper with the regular dark roast and the other with espresso... the both get
used fairly quickly... even faster now with more people showing up at my sisters office... ..if we run out of these
we go back to using the 5 pound bags of starbucks dark roast we get from our wholesale vendor.... ........although
the roast is very important whether coffee is good or bad it generally more in the grind and the manner in which
it;s brewed than the actual coffee itself.. ...still in my opinion nothing beats a dark roasted bean so well cooked
that it has a black oily sheen to it.... :cool:
View attachment 4762View attachment 4763
I’ve been thinking about buying a bag just because I think the logo branding is pretty cool! 😎

they make patches with the same logo... plus company patches with other designs... ☠️. ... and also bumper stickers and coffee mugs.... but the bumper stickers are hard to find... and the patches and mugs are all pretty expensive.... even more expensive than the coffee..... i was thinking of putting one of their patches on my backpack until i saw the price.. .. .... but then i was also thinking of cutting the logo off an empty bag and taping it to the bumper like a bumper sticker.... it would have to be on the jeep though coz the owner of the other vehicle vetoed the idea - even though she is the one who got us started drinking the stuff....:cautious: ..oh well...... ..

but i do have that logo in my avatar on the underside of my surfboard... .and didn;t have to cut it off of anything either... ... it;s a skateboard company logo but a surf design company use to make the stickers in 12 inch diameter for surfboards many years ago.... ... apparently surfboard stickers are supposed to tell a shark looking up at you from below that your are not a seal and therefor not something they would want to eat....:rolleyes: ... . ..at least that is what they use to tell us.... i am not sure how true that is ... ..especially with a dead fish in the picture.... :unsure: ... i just put it on my board because i thought it looked cool....

they make patches with the same logo... plus company patches with other designs... ☠️. ... and also bumper stickers and coffee mugs.... but the bumper stickers are hard to find... and the patches and mugs are all pretty expensive.... even more expensive than the coffee..... i was thinking of putting one of their patches on my backpack until i saw the price.. .. .... but then i was also thinking of cutting the logo off an empty bag and taping it to the bumper like a bumper sticker.... it would have to be on the jeep though coz the owner of the other vehicle vetoed the idea - even though she is the one who got us started drinking the stuff....:cautious: ..oh well...... ..

but i do have that logo in my avatar on the underside of my surfboard... .and didn;t have to cut it off of anything either... ... it;s a skateboard company logo but a surf design company use to make the stickers in 12 inch diameter for surfboards many years ago.... ... apparently surfboard stickers are supposed to tell a shark looking up at you from below that your are not a seal and therefor not something they would want to eat....:rolleyes: ... . ..at least that is what they use to tell us.... i am not sure how true that is ... ..especially with a dead fish in the picture.... :unsure: ... i just put it on my board because i thought it looked cool....
Shirts are pretty cool too 1696903181912.jpeg

In another coffee thread around a year ago, I mentioned that from time to time I was interested in buying a decent countertop espresso machine, but couldn't seem to find a place in Ottawa that sold them at the appropriate price point.

A few weeks ago, my roommate asked if I wanted an espresso machine, as he had a friend who was getting rid of hers. I said yes, expecting an inexpensive consumer model by Cuisinart or Braun or the like--an economy appliance that I wouldn't buy for myself, but it's a perfectly fine hand-me-down.

What she was giving away was this (only bright red):

pdp.jpg

As far as I can tell it's in perfect working order, and it certainly makes better coffee than my stovetop moka pot.

So my forum sessions are frequently fueled by a homemade doppio or cappuccino. I'm a happy person.

In another coffee thread around a year ago, I mentioned that from time to time I was interested in buying a decent countertop espresso machine, but couldn't seem to find a place in Ottawa that sold them at the appropriate price point.

A few weeks ago, my roommate asked if I wanted an espresso machine, as he had a friend who was getting rid of hers. I said yes, expecting an inexpensive consumer model by Cuisinart or Braun or the like--an economy appliance that I wouldn't buy for myself, but it's a perfectly fine hand-me-down.

pdp.jpg

As far as I can tell it's in perfect working order, and it certainly makes better coffee than my stovetop moka pot.

So my forum sessions are frequently fueled by a homemade doppio or cappuccino. I'm a happy person.
wow... that is awesome...... ...i can picture it in bright red... but that would be nice in any color.....

pdp.jpg

A brother in law has a large set-up at his home. He makes a mean mocha. I'm not big on the over-sugared offerings I would have to pay $4-6+ for but I love the ones BIL makes.