College accreditation.

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
As the start of a new school year approaches, I am curious as to the current position of Fundamental Christian Colleges on accreditation. I noted that West Coast now has trac's accreditation. How many other IFB schools have followed suit? And do any have sac's accreditation? From what I know about Chappell, Chappell, I believe he is probably moving toward sacs, but that's just my assumption.

Do you think, with their schools closing and declining in enrollment, that one or more will eventually go in that (formal accreditation) direction?

I'm pretty sure accreditation will be the new norm.  It is basically a hoax, but, like many such programs it is a hoax you must buy into in order to function.  But that is not unusual; there are many government ordained hoaxes that you have to buy into. 

Accreditation? Accreditation?  Hahahahahahah, we don't need no stinkin' accreditation!

IFB X-Files said:
Anchor said:
...there are many government ordained hoaxes that you have to buy into.

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

Technically, that's still true. You can keep your physician but you might not have any of the costs covered. :)

Smellin Coffee said:
IFB X-Files said:
Anchor said:
...there are many government ordained hoaxes that you have to buy into.

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

Technically, that's still true. You can keep your physician but you might not have any of the costs covered. :)

If they decide to continue their practice.  The days of the private practice are about over. Most Doctors are now salaried employees of medical companies.

Anchor said:
I'm pretty sure accreditation will be the new norm.  It is basically a hoax . . .

But then, so is a fundamentalist Bible college education.

So at least there is symmetry.

Ransom said:
Anchor said:
I'm pretty sure accreditation will be the new norm.  It is basically a hoax . . .

But then, so is a fundamentalist Bible college education.

So at least there is symmetry.

Though in theory, one will be worth more in the workplace.

Anchor said:
I'm pretty sure accreditation will be the new norm.  It is basically a hoax, but, like many such programs it is a hoax you must buy into in order to function.  But that is not unusual; there are many government ordained hoaxes that you have to buy into.

Indeed!
But, I would say that accreditation is not a hoax by technical definition.
I'd liken it to health code ratings at a restaurant!

TRACS is a hoax. There are many instances where students assume their accreditation was sufficient, only to be rejected by other institutions.

TRACS is absolutely useless. If truth were known, TRACS needs the money to survive as much as the skools they credential need academic relevance. Diplomas from TRACS skools are as valid as those from Basement Baptist Bible Kawalges in the real world.
In the "fundy" circles it may be of some small, insignificant value, especially since real education is of little to no value in that environment.  After all, "fundy's" cannot exist in an enlightened/educated world.

FSSL said:
TRACS is a hoax. There are many instances where students assume their accreditation was sufficient, only to be rejected by other institutions.

Bruin Boy:
If truth were known, TRACS needs the money to survive as much as the skools they credential need academic relevance. Diplomas from TRACS skools are as valid as those from Basement Baptist Bible Kawalges in the real world.
In the "fundy" circles it may be of some small, insignificant value, especially since real education is of little to no value in that environment.  After all, "fundy's" cannot exist in an enlightened/educated world.

I partially agree about TRACS. I note that for awhile, Liberty was accredited by TRACS and SACS. I would think that TRACS might be a good starting point if a school was committed to SACS accreditation.

Of the so called fundy schools, I think BJU and Pensacola are the strongest academically, with West Coat and Powell's school in TN close behind. It wouldn't surprise me if those 4 and perhaps a few others are headed toward SACS.

From what I have learned on the FFF, many of the IFB 'colleges' are merely shell schools and any accrediation would be a pipe dream for them. I wonder if some of them don't see the necessity of changing thier stance on academics and accreditation. If they want to survive long term, that is...

I don't see the point. The Dawkter who founded the Kawlege was anointed by God to make clone preacher boys just like himself. What more accreditation does he need?  8)

subllibrm said:
I don't see the point. The Dawkter who founded the Kawlege was anointed by God to make clone preacher boys just like himself. What more accreditation does he need?  8)

I think the mindset is changing...even Hyles Anderson is bleeding enrollment numbers. IF they want their colleges to survive, they must actually make them functional colleges....and accreditation will be a necessary evil!