Compass College and Seminary

I figured the Calvies would get their warm fuzzies from the term, sovereign. 😏😋
I would hope we all do! I find great comfort in God's sovereignty and knowing that he is GOOD!

If God is not sovereign, he is not God!

This goes far beyond Calvinism! It is the bedrock of Theism.

FWIW, after the initial inspiration, His sovereignty takes over and preserves what was originally inspired... perhaps...
But the question of what is legitimately preserved regarding God’s words and what is man’s additions is still a difficult thing to grasp. It’s what causes people to divide over manuscript families like “oldest and best”. Which ones has God preserved and which ones contain additions (or omissions)?

It's not that difficult. The fact that we have so many manuscripts and so much evidence for a majority of the differences you don't have to be skeptical. Since Jesus is able to trust, the LXX, there's no reason for us to have any kind of lack of trustworthy as amongst today's Bibles.

Whent it comes to higher education, it is a travesty that Bible Colleges restrict the use of various translations. Since these colleges are preparing future pastors, they will be ill equipped to accept and answer questions from the new converts who show up with the NIV in their hands.

Imagine trying to teach people in the 2023-4 generation from a text that is difficult/foreign.

Next... lets discuss using the hymns of old which are also not understood.

Last edited:
I did not, I was there between Fall 1986 and Spring of 1998. What is your name? Thanks!
My name wouldn't matter if you weren't there at the time I was. You might have known some of my friends, though. Larry Simon, Cristy Cobb, Ernie LaSalle, Mark Pilgar, Rhoda Skerrye....I knew many others, but, I'm not sure how long they stayed.