Concerning Salvation in the Time of Jacob's Trouble (7 Year Tribulation)

Biblebeliever

Elect
Reaction score
To the brethren on here, it has been quite a while since I've logged on here, and after doing so this evening, I thought to post in this forum again. But before I do that,  I hope that each one on here are seeking a  more closer fellowship with the Lord, especially in these very dark and evil days. May we redeem the time and look for our Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour and live for Him every day as we are expecting Him to come back at any moment now.

Now  Many of you may not agree with what is stated in this post, but at least consider it and what the Holy Scriptures teach on this subject. This post has to do with Dispensational Salvation. And if you are already a dispensationalist, well at least you are honest enough to admit that there are  differences in the Scriptures concerning How God deals with mankind and how he dispenses grace in various economies and ages.

And  what I find interesting is that while  Salvation in the time of Jacob's trouble (7 year tribulation) will be vastly different than the salvation you and I know today. At the same time, it will be very similar to how Salvation was in the Old Testament.  And so In this post let us also consider some of the similarities between Old Testament and Tribulation Salvation.

Also, In this post, I seek to provide a Biblical  proof to show why the Church (the Body of Christ) cannot be on earth during this period of time of Jacob's trouble ( Daniel's 70th week). Now when considering what I state in this post, do not just believe what I say, but be a Berea and take time to pray concerning this matter and to study it out yourself.

Therefore having said that, Now let us start by considering the following passage of Scripture:

Daniel 9:22-27 (King James Holy Bible)
And he informed me , and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding. [23] At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee ; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision. [24] Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. [25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. [26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. [27] And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

In the above passage from the Holy  Scripture, we read about the great Vision and prophecy which is delivered unto Daniel. And it is a prophecy that has a period of time of 70 weeks. But not just 70 weeks, but rather 70 weeks of years (70 x 7 =490 years total) are determined upon his people (the people of Israel), and that during this same time period, 6 things will be accomplished (To Finish the Transgression, To Make an End of Sin, To Make an atonement for Iniquity, Bring in Everlasting Righteousness, Seal up vision and Prophecy and Anoint the Most Holy). Furthermore, Concerning this 70 weeks of Years prophecy, 483 years have already been accomplished, which leaves only 7 years for it to be completely fulfilled. For at the end of the 483 years, the first Advent of Jesus Christ the Messiah took place and he was cut off via the Crucifixion before the Temple was destroyed. But of course He was not cut off for Himself, but for His people.  And so all that is left of Daniel's weeks of years, is the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy.

But before the 70th week begins, the Church, the Body of Christ must be taken out of the Earth. Why? Simply because the Body of Christ, the Church was not upon the earth during Daniel's 69 weeks, and so it should make sense that the Church will also not be here for Daniel's 70th week. Daniel's 70 weeks Prophecy deals with his people, the people of Israel as well as his holy city (the City of Jerusalem). This prophecy does not deal with the church. Hence, the 7 year tribulation is called the time of Jacob's trouble (Israel's trouble). It is not the Church's trouble.

Another important thing to key in on is what starts the beginning of this Final week of Daniel's prophecy. And that key is found in verse 27 of Daniel chapter 9. Where it says that he (referring to the Antichrist) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (7 years): and in the midst of the week (about halfway through 7 years) he shall cause the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he small make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Now  there are many who claim that the "he" in verse 27 is Jesus Christ, and that is definitely wrong, and also blasphemous. Because Jesus Christ did not commit the abomination of desolation.

Furthermore, We can know the correct identity of the "he" in verse 27 by simply  comparing Scripture with Scripture, and of course the Scriptures do affirm that the "he" in verse 27 is referring to the Antichrist when reading Daniel 8:9-13, Daniel 11:31-32, and Matthew 24:15-21, as well as 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

Therefore, from Daniel 9:27 we can conclude that the 70th week begins when the Antichrist confirms the Covenant. Not the peace treaty. Although there are a lot of prophecy teachers and others that say that what the Antichrist signs with Israel is a 7 year peace treaty, still though the King James Holy Bible does not say peace treaty. It says The Covenant. And this very covenant will be confirmed with many. And what is the Covenant that will be confirmed with many sometime after the Rapture? Well, simply put, it would have to be the Mosaic Covenant. I can say this because during Daniel's time and when he received this vision from the Angel Gabriel, the nation of Israel was still under the Mosaic Covenant. Animal sacrifices were still being done to atone for and to cover the sins of the people. And although this Covenant was done away with after the crucifixion of Christ, nevertheless it will be re-established during the time of Jacob's trouble. Since the Sacrificial system will be re-instituted and it will be connected with the rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem. Hence, this is a solid Scriptural proof as well that teaches conclusively that the born again Christians, the Church (Body of Christ) will not be here for the 7 year Tribulation (Time of Jacob's trouble). For Jesus Christ was and is our sacrificial Lamb, He is our atonement. The Body of Christ, the Church has not one thing to do with the Mosaic Covenant and the Sacrificial system that is connected with it. The very idea that a person who received Jesus Christ and His blood atonement for sins, would have to go through Daniel's 70th week where there is a Temple and animal sacrifices being offered for sins, is simply absurd. It is ridiculous.

And finally, let us NOW consider what salvation will be like during Daniel's 70th week:
In the time of Jacob's trouble (7 year tribulation), salvation will be very, very similiar to that of the Old Testament.  For consider some of the similarities;

*In the Old Testament, there were animal sacrifices (Exo. 24:5; Lev. 3:1-7; Deut. 12:6-14), likewise in the time of Jacob's trouble, there shall also be animal sacrifices (Daniel 9:27; Matt. 24:15).

*In the Old Testament there was a physical temple where the Sacrificial system was to be carried out (Exo. 29:42-44; 30:16; Ezra 6:5; Psa. 5:7; Psa. 11:4; Matt. 8:4) In the time of Jacob's trouble, there also will be a physical temple where sacrifice and oblation shall be done: (Dan. 9:27; Matt. 24:15; Mark 14:13; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4).

Right now In this dispensation of the Church, the temple of God is not a physical building in Jerusalem, but rather it is within the Body of every born again Christian: (see 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 1 Cor. 6:19; & 2 Cor. 6:16).

Now continuing with the similarities  between O.T. and Tribulation Salvation:

*In the Old Testament, there was a division and distinction between Jews and Gentiles (Gen. 10:5; Exo.12:43; Exo.12:48-49; John 4:9; Matt.10:5-6; Matt. 15:24-28) Right now in the Church Age though, in regard to salvation,  there is no distinction made between Jew or Gentile because when a Gentile gets saved, he becomes a Christian. And if a Jew gets saved, he also becomes a Christian. There is neither Jew nor Greek, for we are all one in Jesus Christ now (Gal. 3:28). However though, in the Time of Jacob's trouble, there will once again be a distinction made between Jews and Gentiles (See Revelation 7:3-12). 

*In the Old Testament, no saint was born again; they did not experience the new birth, no Old Testament saint had the permanent indwelling of Christ (the inner man/new man) therefore they did not have a new nature, neither was anyone placed into the Body of Christ, neither were they members of His flesh or of His bones, no one was sealed with the Holy Spirit, no Old Testament saint had his soul cut loose from his flesh, no Old Testament saint had the mind of Christ, and no Old Testament saint was a part of the Bride of Christ. Brethren, this should at least begin to show you how different salvation and the means thereof was like for a saint in the Old Testament under the Mosaic Covenant, and Likewise, during Daniel's 70th week (the time of Jacob's trouble) when the Mosaic Covenant is back in operation, Salvation will be very similar in that Tribulation saints will not be born again, they will not be regenerated. Which explains why they must endure unto the end, because without the New Birth and without the regenerating power of the Holy Ghost, there will be nothing to seal and secure the salvation of a Tribulation saint. It's just as brother Timothy Morton taught in his work; when he mentioned that salvation for those in the tribulation will be on a trial like basis like it was under the Old Testament, and one of the differences though would be this, that the Old Testament saints were saved on Credit since obviously Christ's ultimate sacrifice had not yet been offered back then during their time. Nevertheless, still though, even during Daniel's 70th week ( after Christ's atoning death and resurrection had already been accomplished in order to provide a propitiation for the sins of the whole world) the Tribulation Saints will also be saved on a trial like and probationary basis since works must be added with their faith and since they must endure unto the end in order to be saved (Matt. 24:13). Now there are some which claim that Jesus is speaking of Physical salvation only in Matthew 24; and my response to that is  I also believe that the salvation Jesus speaks of in Matthew 24 is physical, and yet I also believe that physical salvation is connected with eternal salvation because when you read in Matthew 25:31-46, we see that those who did not make it into the Millennial Kingdom were cast into Hell Fire (Matt. 25:41). And those people were the goats, they were of the Nations who did not help out Israel during the time of Jacob's trouble, they are the ones who did not endure unto the end, but rather they took the Mark of the Beast and worshipped the Antichrist.

Another thing that is similar between Salvation in the Time of Jacob's trouble and Salvation in the Old Testament is that works are required in both. Read Matthew 25, read the whole chapter and see if you can find faith mentioned in there once. You won't. But what you will find is works, from beginning to end. In verse 3, we read that the foolish virgins did take their lamps, but that they did not take any oil with them (a type of work) and then in verse 4, we read that the wise virgins took oil in their vessels with their lamps (they had the right kind of works). And notice these right kind of works helped the wise virgins to gain access into the marriage, while the foolish virgins were not permitted to enter the wedding. Now they did have works, but the foolish virgins had the wrong kind of works. Then also in the next parable, which is the parable of the talents, notice that the servants which gained other talents for their Lord in addition to the ones that He gave unto them, they received a reward, and inheritance and also gained access into the Millennial Kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world, but the unprofitable servant who hid his talent and did not have any good works to show to his Lord, that same servant was cast into outer darkness. That slothful servant was not permitted entrance into the Messianic Kingdom of Heaven. And then when Jesus afterward speaks of the Judgment of the Nations from Matt. 25:31-46, he mentions works also. Those who helped the Jews by feeding them (a work), giving them drink (a work) visiting them in prison (a work), and clothed them (a work) these are the ones who were permitted to enter into the Millennial Kingdom of Jesus Christ the Messiah. And then the contrast; those who did not do the works mentioned, those who did not help the Jews, who did not visit them, nor feed them or clothe them, these people who are void of any good works, they were cast into Hell Fire. And why? Simply because they didn't have faith? That is not what the passage says, it is because they did not do the necessary works required to secure their salvation.

I hope and pray that this post will be used to open your eyes to the clear and dispensational truth that while salvation and the means thereof in Daniel's 70th week, the time of Jacob's trouble,  is very similar to Salvation in the Old Testament under the Law, it will still be vastly different than the salvation that you and I know of today in our current Dispensation, the Dispensation of the Church.

So those saved in the tribulation will not have eternal salvation?  Did the blood of Jesus lose some of its power?  Your hyper-dispensationalism is nauseating to this dispensationalist.

The tribulation has passed.  Revelation, partially, was fufilled with the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70 . Read for yourself  in your king Jimmy Bible

T-Bone said:
So those saved in the tribulation will not have eternal salvation?  Did the blood of Jesus lose some of its power?  Your hyper-dispensationalism is nauseating to this dispensationalist.

T-B,

No, their salvation will not be secured or finalized until they endure to the end of the time of Jacob's trouble (Matt. 10:22; 24:13; Mk. 13:13) or are martyred (Rev. 6:9) for the Lord Jesus Christ and His blessed and holy word. And concerning your question,  no, the blood of Jesus Christ has not lost its power at all. But once again, Salvation is during Daniel's 70th week is on a trial/probationary basis. That is why a Tribulation Hebrew must hold steadfast his faith firm unto the end before he can become a Partaker of Christ (Heb. 3:6, 14). And again,  no one will be regenerated or born again during the time of Jacob's trouble.  One of the reasons why you and I do not have to endure unto the end to be saved today is because upon conversion, we were sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise, regenerated and given a new nature

Recovering IFB said:
The tribulation has passed.  Revelation, partially, was fufilled with the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70 . Read for yourself  in your king Jimmy Bible

The Tribulation (Time of Jacob's trouble) have passed? What about the 2 witnesses? There is no historical account of Moses and Elijah appearing on earth around the time of 70AD. And how about the vial judgments and other judgments?

Every thing recorded after Revelation 4:1 has not yet happened. Those events will take place soon though.

In my opinion, anyone who takes anything seriously that BB has to say is hurting.

BALAAM said:
In my opinion, anyone who takes anything seriously that BB has to say is hurting.

It's not about our opinions balaam. Its about what does the word of God say. It is to be the sole authority in our lives.

Biblebeliever said:
BALAAM said:

It's not about our opinions balaam. Its about what does the word of God say. It is to be the sole authority in our lives.

Whatever dude. I am just hoping that I am not in the wrong dispensation!

Biblebeliever said:
T-Bone said:

T-B,

No, their salvation will not be secured or finalized until they endure to the end of the time of Jacob's trouble (Matt. 10:22; 24:13; Mk. 13:13) or are martyred (Rev. 6:9) for the Lord Jesus Christ and His blessed and holy word. And concerning your question,  no, the blood of Jesus Christ has not lost its power at all. But once again, Salvation is during Daniel's 70th week is on a trial/probationary basis. That is why a Tribulation Hebrew must hold steadfast his faith firm unto the end before he can become a Partaker of Christ (Heb. 3:6, 14). And again,  no one will be regenerated or born again during the time of Jacob's trouble.  One of the reasons why you and I do not have to endure unto the end to be saved today is because upon conversion, we were sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise, regenerated and given a new nature

With your reasoning you must also hold the same view of the church in Revelation 2:7, 2:17, 2:26, 3:5, 3:12, 3:21.

BB is there any way that you can have some type of seance or something and contact old Peetey so he can tell you how to be saved today! Not tomorrow or next week or last week but today.

This is one of the big reasons that I started to question the kjvo stance. A lot of these people love pete because of his kjv stance and yet ignored his heretical stances on a lot of other issues.

BALAAM said:
This is one of the big reasons that I started to question the kjvo stance. A lot of these people love pete because of his kjv stance and yet ignored his heretical stances on a lot of other issues.

Balaam, what is it that you find heretickal about Dr. Peter S. Ruckman's views and teachings?

Biblebeliever said:
Recovering IFB said:

The Tribulation (Time of Jacob's trouble) have passed? What about the 2 witnesses? There is no historical account of Moses and Elijah appearing on earth around the time of 70AD. And how about the vial judgments and other judgments?

Every thing recorded after Revelation 4:1 has not yet happened. Those events will take place soon though.
Yup, you missed it.....
Revelation is written in a symbolic genre......Revelation is the judgement of Isrealfor the rejection of the Messiah. Jesus said in Matthew 24, these things were coming to" this generation ".......
So you
Keep looking for the boogie man under every rock , you're looking for something that will never appear.