Concussion

AverageJoe

Elect
Reaction score
Nine days ago while moving my trash bin out of the driveway where the strong winds had blown it, I had a serious fall, and ended up face down in my driveway in the gravel. My wife had to get out of the truck to assist me in getting back onto my feet. I ended up having a broken right thumb, bloodied and bruised knees to ankles, a gash on my forehead, a busted nose, severely bruised upper left arm and shoulder, and a sincere concussion. It's been 9 days and I still have a severe migraine from the incident. The doctor said that if it's not been relieved by Thursday he wants to do an MRI because there may have been something more serious caused by the impact. My vision in my left eye has been spotty since the fall, and this is a major concern. I'm asking that those who pray to pray that I will get some relief and won't need an MRI.
Thanks in advance.
BT. aka AverageJoe

Attachments

• IMG_20240119_082420340~2.jpg
    IMG_20240119_082420340~2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240117_075251073~2.jpg
    IMG_20240117_075251073~2.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240119_082420340.jpg
    IMG_20240119_082420340.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
That's rough.
I've had some falls in my day, but none that left me looking like that.
Hope you can get the relief that you need.
I have migraines often and take Imitrex.
It's the only thing that consistently brings relief.
I will be praying.

Oh My ... That is TERRIBLE ... Please rest assured of my prayer for YOU ... BY NAME ... especially over the next several days. Please keep us posted.

Nine days ago while moving my trash bin out of the driveway where the strong winds had blown it, I had a serious fall, and ended up face down in my driveway in the gravel. My wife had to get out of the truck to assist me in getting back onto my feet. I ended up having a broken right thumb, bloodied and bruised knees to ankles, a gash on my forehead, a busted nose, severely bruised upper left arm and shoulder, and a sincere concussion. It's been 9 days and I still have a severe migraine from the incident. The doctor said that if it's not been relieved by Thursday he wants to do an MRI because there may have been something more serious caused by the impact. My vision in my left eye has been spotty since the fall, and this is a major concern. I'm asking that those who pray to pray that I will get some relief and won't need an MRI.
Thanks in advance.
BT. aka AverageJoe
praying for you my friend.... take care and God bless you.... let us know what your doctor and the MRI find out....

been praying for you brother. Hope you’re getting on the mend.

I am recovering well. Most of the "raccoon face" is gone, and my nose is healing up nicely. I'm able to bend my thumb a little bit now. I am still having some trouble with healing in my two legs. There's a blood clot in my left leg, and my right leg has several cuts that are refusing to heal. Being diabetic this is a real concern. I'm also still having trouble with my balance. I only let my little sister know that I had fallen, and my mother was sort of upset with me when I finally had to let her know. She's 600 miles away, so there was no need to worry her. She's got health concerns of her own, being almost 81 years old.
Thank you to all who have been praying. It's appreciated more than you know.

I am recovering well. Most of the "raccoon face" is gone, and my nose is healing up nicely. I'm able to bend my thumb a little bit now. I am still having some trouble with healing in my two legs. There's a blood clot in my left leg, and my right leg has several cuts that are refusing to heal. Being diabetic this is a real concern. I'm also still having trouble with my balance. I only let my little sister know that I had fallen, and my mother was sort of upset with me when I finally had to let her know. She's 600 miles away, so there was no need to worry her. She's got health concerns of her own, being almost 81 years old.
Thank you to all who have been praying. It's appreciated more than you know.
Keep an eye on those blood clots. A friend of mine had to be life flighted because of a blood clot in his leg. He's fine now but it made for some tense moments.

I know what it is to talk to older family members about medical stuff. They have enough on their plates without worrying about you.

Continued prayers for healing, wisdom and GRACE.

Keep an eye on those blood clots. A friend of mine had to be life flighted because of a blood clot in his leg. He's fine now but it made for some tense moments.

I know what it is to talk to older family members about medical stuff. They have enough on their plates without worrying about you.

Continued prayers for healing, wisdom and GRACE.
Thank you, Brother. I've been keeping an eye on the blood clot. My family on both the fraternal and maternal sides have serious issues when it comes to blood clots. My cousin Chris, who is 2 years older than I, is on Eliquis to help. He had one break loose one day two years ago while visiting cousins from his father's side of the family. He's from North Carolina, and he was in Alabama. He was rushed to the hospital. They said his cousins realized what very quickly what was happening and rushed him to the hospital. He's doing well now. I'm concerned about strokes caused by something like this, as our maternal grandfather had several strokes from blood clots, and died after a blood clot from a a fall previously in the week broke loose and went to his brain.