Confidence is now a sin?

FundNoMore

Elect
Reaction score
During the month of May, I heard two separate preachers from two separate ministries decry confidence and self-confidence from their respective pulpits. The first said that he did not trust people who are self-confident. The second claimed that he did not like people working for him who were confident in their job and that he would prefer someone who felt inadequate to the task. Just wow.
For the pastor that does not trust self-confident people, the next time you or a family member requires surgery, emergent or otherwise, be sure to ask for the surgeon that is not self-confident. Same for the lawyer you need to represent the church or yourself, look for the one who does not feel they are adequate for the task. I just can't believe so called leaders of the flock would make such idiotic statements.
My confidence in those in the ministry goes down every month.
"Even so, come, Lord Jesus".

Someone posted a related meme on Facebook the other day. Said something about since God values humility so much, certainty is a sin. They sounded so certain about that.

The first said that he did not trust people who are self-confident. The second claimed that he did not like people working for him who were confident in their job and that he would prefer someone who felt inadequate to the task. Just wow.

That's silly. Hypothetically, I applied for a job because I believed myself qualified for it. My boss hired me based on my being the best-qualified candidate for the job. So why in the world would I not feel confident in my job?

It just goes to show the idiocy inside Christian circles! It's growing every day, and some of these people have been "confident" enough to reproduce! Talk about hypocrisy! ;)

Confidence and humbleness are not the same things. But that's just me

Last edited:
It matters who or what your confidence is placed in.

If it is placed solely in self then it is doomed because no matter how confident you are you will find yourself lacking if you are growing/learning at all. This includes all aspects of life. If your confidence is place in your ability and history that you have handled the situation before, what happens when you reach the wall? How do you achieve beyond what you know? Our base of confidence must always be in Him and faith in Him that what He believes/states about you to be true also. II Timothy 1:77 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

During the month of May, I heard two separate preachers from two separate ministries decry confidence and self-confidence from their respective pulpits. The first said that he did not trust people who are self-confident.
Did he say that with confidence?😁