Contemporary Christian Music (again)

tmjbog

Elect
Reaction score
I'm sure this issue has been beat to death-but why not another round. My preferences lined up with the IFB convictions on this issue. I prefer hymns in church at least - don't really have a problem with contemporary Christian music outside of church. Are fundy's still nearly universally opposed to CCM at any time. Or is this another issue where when they gather on Sunday they pretend to all be opposed but what they do in their cars and homes may not line up?

Yeah most IFB churches that still use that label, reject CCM.
Though as someone pointed out to me the other day - only IFB churches use the term CCM, everyone else just calls it Christian music.

I'm sure this issue has been beat to death-but why not another round. My preferences lined up with the IFB convictions on this issue. I prefer hymns in church at least - don't really have a problem with contemporary Christian music outside of church. Are fundy's still nearly universally opposed to CCM at any time. Or is this another issue where when they gather on Sunday they pretend to all be opposed but what they do in their cars and homes may not line up?

I think that your use of the word “preference” is appropriate. It’s when IFBers substitute in the word “conviction” that I think causes issues.

They also say the Roman Catholic Church is Christian.

So now we define words based on ignorance?
This is a topic for another thread, but yeah Roman Catholics are Christians based on the definition of "Christian" given in the top 3 online dictionaries.

Yeah most IFB churches that still use that label, reject CCM.
Though as someone pointed out to me the other day - only IFB churches use the term CCM, everyone else just calls it Christian music.

Everyone else?
What about the people at CCM Magazine, they aren’t IFB.

Or how about the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences,
they award a Grammy for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performanc/Song.

IFBs I used to hang around with considered Pensacola Christian College's music, CCM... so, we have that.

IFBs I used to hang around with considered Pensacola Christian College's music, CCM... so, we have that.
Even the pastor of the church I just left. He was always trying to justify himself. The music was very traditional but apparently on the Hyles-Anderson scale it's a bit on the liberal side.

Well according to Jack Hyles, he claimed that PCC was too liberal.

In fact some Southern Baptist Churches have hopped on the contemporary worship style and some are even playing Hillsong in their worship.

Also if you ever heart interviews of original Whiteheart guitarist Dann Huff, he claimed he left the group as he wasn't too big on CCM so instead he became quite a successful session artists for many secular pop stars including Michael Jackson and Madonna.

Even if you're not a fan of Wretched Radio, you'll definitely be entertained by Todd Friel and John MacArthur's disdain for CCM music.

Everyone else?
What about the people at CCM Magazine, they aren’t IFB.

Or how about the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences,
they award a Grammy for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performanc/Song.
Yeah, I think it's more like when you are making friends at work and they ask what kind of music do you listen to. Most of us are just going to say "Christian" music not "CCM" or "traditional hymns" (is that the opposite of CCM?). The general public doesn't make a distinction, in other words.

Wish they would upload sermon clips of Jack Hyles in the late 80's and early 90's ranting on CCM and how they're worse than MTV.

"Preference" is nothing more than a "buzz word" among new IFBs.............. Thus, they can pretend not to care and yet condemn the legitimate practices of others.

"Preference" is nothing more than a "buzz word" among new IFBs.............. Thus, they can pretend not to care and yet condemn the legitimate practices of others.
Of course it is. The resident expert in all things has arrived on the scene.

My main gripe with it is that most of it is poorly written and repetitive. It's main purpose seems to be to sing you into a trance. Granted, I judge music by James Taylor, the Eagles, Skynyrd, Van Halen, George Straight and Jimmy Buffet.

Jubal Sackett

My main gripe with it is that most of it is poorly written and repetitive. It's main purpose seems to be to sing you into a trance. Granted, I judge music by James Taylor, the Eagles, Skynyrd, Van Halen, George Straight and Jimmy Buffet.

Jubal Sackett

They call me the fireman...... isn't exactly wonderously reflective.

Well Bro. Tony admits to being a fan of Country/Western music as well as Stevie Ray Vaughn. Hutson usually bursts out in songs in his sermons/stand up comedy routine while also mocking "worship" groups and CCM artists for being carnal and fake.