Contemporary Christian Music (again)

Of course it is. The resident expert in all things has arrived on the scene.

You're the one condemning the legitimate practice of including CCM in church. Apparently, you're the self attested expert. The fact you used the word "preference" didn't change anything.

Last edited:
They also say the Roman Catholic Church is Christian.

So now we define words based on ignorance?

Twisted is probably thinking Sandi Patty and Phillips, Craig and Dean.
Along with the Dixie Chicks, they promote the debil’s music.

You're the one condemning the legitimate practice of including CCM in church. Apparently, you're the self attested expert. The fact you used the word "preference" didn't change anything.
Actually words do matter. If I say I prefer coke over Pepsi-it does not mean I don't drink Pepsi. There is a world of difference between preference and conviction. Preference means we vote on a matter it does not go my way and I say "oh well" and participate anyway. Conviction means I can no longer fellowship because I believe the organization is in direct defiance to Scripture. The church I've attended the last 3 weeks has been 100% CCM.

Well, I can't argue with him there. I'm not into punk rock.

I understand Johnny Rotten is looking to collaborate with the Dixie Chicks.
But he‘s a Trump supporter...

Actually words do matter. If I say I prefer coke over Pepsi-it does not mean I don't drink Pepsi. There is a world of difference between preference and conviction. Preference means we vote on a matter it does not go my way and I say "oh well" and participate anyway. Conviction means I can no longer fellowship because I believe the organization is in direct defiance to Scripture. The church I've attended the last 3 weeks has been 100% CCM.

This isn't a "Coke/Pepsi" preference. Your OP went beyond that. You said you didn't want CCM in the church service. That is what you said. That is more than preferring one style over the other.

Yes. Words do matter. You used the word "Preference" but what you said afterwards destroyed you hypocritical appeal to the word "preference".

I'm betting you're NOT going to stick around your....... new "potential" ....... "man club" very long. Especially if they don't do exactly what you want.

Which is ironic. You believe I have no tolerance and that is a lie. I'm the one that usually gets run off from a church because I blast their silly preferences for what they are... MANDATES.

This isn't a "Coke/Pepsi" preference. Your OP went beyond that. You said you didn't want CCM in the church service. That is what you said. That is more than preferring one style over the other.

Yes. Words do matter. You used the word "Preference" but what you said afterwards destroyed you hypocritical appeal to the word "preference".

I'm betting you're NOT going to stick around your....... new "potential" ....... "man club" very long. Especially if they don't do exactly what you want.

Which is ironic. You believe I have no tolerance and that is a lie. I'm the one that usually gets run off from a church because I blast their silly preferences for what they are... MANDATES.
I did not even know that the word "preference" had the ability to be hypocritical-I'll keep my eye on that word. Sorry to disappoint but sometimes a preference is just a preference. I'd prefer a church 5 minutes from my home, I'd prefer a church that serves coffee, I'd prefer blue carpet over green carpet, and I'd prefer more hymns over CCM. None are deal breakers and I can't find scripture to condemn any of those items that may not line up with my preferences. Feel free to continue in your insanity and attempt to squeeze me in some mold you believe I must fit in, though.

I did not even know that the word "preference" had the ability to be hypocritical-I'll keep my eye on that word. Sorry to disappoint but sometimes a preference is just a preference. I'd prefer a church 5 minutes from my home, I'd prefer a church that serves coffee, I'd prefer blue carpet over green carpet, and I'd prefer more hymns over CCM. None are deal breakers and I can't find scripture to condemn any of those items that may not line up with my preferences. Feel free to continue in your insanity and attempt to squeeze me in some mold you believe I must fit in, though.

You said and I quote....

"I prefer hymns in church at least - don't really have a problem with contemporary Christian music outside of church"

We know what you want in YOUR church. You don't care if it bothers others or causes them to go somewhere else. There is always.... "somewhere else" with you that Ransom guy you keep playing "pat butt" with.

There is only one place for me. That is among God's children everywhere. Sorry you don't want me there. You can't keep me out.

You said and I quote....

"I prefer hymns in church at least - don't really have a problem with contemporary Christian music outside of church"

We know what you want in YOUR church. You don't care if it bothers others or causes them to go somewhere else. There is always.... "somewhere else" with you that Ransom guy you keep playing "pat butt" with.

There is only one place for me. That is among God's children everywhere. Sorry you don't want me there. You can't keep me out.
Let me help you with the definition of "prefer" per Websters: to like better or best. I would not go into a church and demand that they change anything, especially something that Scripture is silent on. It's weird how every conversation always ends up with you talking about all the churches that have driven you out. The only common denominator seems to be you. Perhaps a little self evaluation is in order. In the meantime I'll prefer (in a gracious non-combative, undemanding way) hymns, closer proximity to my house, coffee, and blue carpet.

You said and I quote....

Meanwhile, you said and I quote....

Your preferences have always condemned the preferences of others.

Who in his right mind reads "I prefer this thing" and seriously infers that it really means "I condemn what isn't this thing?"