Contemporary Christian Music (again)

Well here you go...........

But remember you asked for it!

I would say that's messed up, however I have been recently enlightended that it's unholy to prefer one type of music over another-I guess I'll have to add it to my collection. I did show it to my sons, though.

Yeah most IFB churches that still use that label, reject CCM.
Though as someone pointed out to me the other day - only IFB churches use the term CCM, everyone else just calls it Christian music.

As with so many discussions, terms matter. I don't think many IFB leaders even know what CCM is, except maybe for songs with a beat.

It saddens me that so many IFB churches claim to be against CCM, but their special music is filled with CCM artists and songs; at first, it is someone 'toned down', but because the people listen to the genuine article on their own, it's making an encroachment in churches that claim to be against it.

As with so many discussions, terms matter. I don't think many IFB leaders even know what CCM is, except maybe for songs with a beat.

It saddens me that so many IFB churches claim to be against CCM, but their special music is filled with CCM artists and songs; at first, it is someone 'toned down', but because the people listen to the genuine article on their own, it's making an encroachment in churches that claim to be against it.

There's a Pastor's School sermon on YouTube where Hyles talks about some IFB churches playing "Christian Rock" on their radio stations and chastising them as "liberal".

There's a Pastor's School sermon on YouTube where Hyles talks about some IFB churches playing "Christian Rock" on their radio stations and chastising them as "liberal".
"Liberal" is a good word for them. So is "Deadbeat" and "Pink-tea-sippin, Lilly-livered Liberal"

Hold on while I come down from the pulpit and give that the AMEN it deserves............

...........HHHAY - MEEEEEN!!!!!!!

Not just on radio; these days, many IFB churches have specials that are toned down CCM.

Just be glad Jack Hyles isn't alive today to see some IFB churches go liberal and play CCM etc. Hyles even predicted the start of the seeker sensitive movement because Robert Schuller mentored Rick Warren and Warren mentored Rob Bell and Mark Driscoll. Driscoll mentored Craig Groeschel, Steven Furtick, Perry Noble etc.