Crazy Preaching Rants

JustABigKid

Elect
Reaction score
The video about "Pastor Jim" going off on his people sparked a thought.

Stories about times someone at the compound went off on someone in the audience while preaching whether in church, school, college, etc...?

I remember a time when JAV had a guy come up on stage cause he was falling asleep and made him sit in a chair and stair at the american flag the rest of the service. That was an interesting service for sure.

JustABigKid said:
The video about "Pastor Jim" going off on his people sparked a thought.

Stories about times someone at the compound went off on someone in the audience while preaching whether in church, school, college, etc...?

I remember a time when JAV had a guy come up on stage cause he was falling asleep and made him sit in a chair and stair at the american flag the rest of the service. That was an interesting service for sure.

JAV has had "sleepers" come up to the platform and stand on the edge facing the audience while he finished his "message".  I always expected him to walk behind them and push them off. 

Another favorite of JAV was if teens were talking or sleeping or doing anything he considered and opportunity to exploit he would do just that.  He would call them out by name for whatever they were doing.  Then he would say how their parents should whoop the fire out of them when they get home. (opportunity to embarass mom and dad here)  Then continue on to brag how he "raised" his boys so perfectly. (another slam on the family being called out) Making them sit perfectly with an adult who never let them even move during a service.  Of course we see the results of the perfect home his boys were raised in.  NOT!!!!!

One hilarious incident I seen was when Tommy Boy took over the church a bus kid was sleeping in church. He stopped and started ranting and told her she needed to sit up and pay attention when a "man of god" was speaking.

The girl looked at him and did not move an inch. This infuriated Tommy Boy and he demanded several times that she sit up straight and she continued to ignore him. He was getting really frustrated and after about 10 minutes of this he gave up because the girl refused to do what he was demanding in front of all the church.

I don't know who that girl is/was but she had more courage than the staff members (or it could have been she had a die hard rebellious streak). Either way I thought it was funny how Tommy Boy was acting like a tough guy trying to intimidate a 12 - 13 year old girl and lost the battle in front of everyone.

I can see the older Vineyard tell his War Stories and ranting and raving on various subjects.

Tommy V on the other hand is to monotone. Are there any videos out there where he gets excited and change the tone of his voice?

Tony Keeton on the other hand had some charisma and could get fired up and was pretty sound as well.

It was not a rant but I loved when he put one of the chairs on the platform over his head and around his shoulders.

It was stuck and he had to preach the rest of the message with it there and get help removing it afterwards.

He looked like such a goon as I do not think he got his point across yet again.

or did he even have a point??

Just me said:
It was not a rant but I loved when he put one of the chairs on the platform over his head and around his shoulders.

It was stuck and he had to preach the rest of the message with it there and get help removing it afterwards.

He looked like such a goon as I do not think he got his point across yet again.

or did he even have a point??

Bahahaha. I think I remember that!!!

I know this story shouldn't be funny, but does any one remember when JV slipped in the baptismal and pretty much soaked the choir??  He had a staff member do baptism after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vineyard yelling at the kids for having "Rock Tapes" and "Rock Records".