Crazy things that happened at Youth Conference...

Boomer

Elect
Reaction score
Many of you attended Youth Conference before deciding to go to HAC. I went to three YCs in the mid 90s before the Lord led me to go to Crown. One of the big factors that kept me from attending HAC was some crazy things I saw at YC. They  were things I laughed at, but also made me go hmmmmmm....

What Crazy things did you witness at Youth Conference?

(Remember, One item per post. We want to keep those stinkin' numbers up!)

When it came time to bed down for the night, I was surprised that, while the girls got to go to the motel, us boys had to sleep in the pews in the auditorium so we could have seats the next day. Why they let us sleep in their sanctuary I'll never know.

The crazy thing happened when the Southern boys tried to restart the civil war. They had a big Rebel battle flag and were running around being obnoxious. Some northern boys got the church's American flag and there was a lot of flag-waving and insult hurling back and forth. Then a couple idiot Southern boys (I don't mean that all southern boys are idiots - just these ones) got the stars and stripes away from the northern kids. They proceeded to throw it down and stomp on it. At that point a security guard came over and "ripped face."

All was quiet until morning after that debacle.

My Sr. year of high school was my last year at YC. I was giving some hesitating consideration to attending HAC that fall because my girlfriend was going there. I was also seeking a sign from God about HAC that year.

At one point in that YC, Dr. Evans stood behind the podium and said, "It is God's will for all of you to attend Hyles-Anderson College, but most of you won't obey God" (not a verbatim quote, but that was the gist of it). That was my sign. There were 5-7,000 teenagers there and HAC wasn't anywhere near able to handle all of them. I did the math (your'e not supposed to do that at YC). There is no way one man can know God's will for thousands of teens he never met.

That was my sign from God!  ;)

A buddy of mine (no, really) got into a YC romance.  A couple of months after YC, he stopped writing back to her.  She started writing letters filled with threats of all sorts of ways she would inflict pain on him before finally....  Let's just say she took it pretty rough.  We joked about it until our first day as Freshmen at HAC.  As he and I started to walk into a class - there she sat.  He made a quick exit and headed down for a fast Drop/Add!

Baloney Shines.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

I don't remember which year, but in the registration line one year (DH was still in charge), there was a hidden camera in the hallway and some of our girls were walking through the registration line with scissors, cutting the ties of men who wore them.

IFB X-Files said:
What has happened to Boomer?

He's one of those Crown College graduates that was apparently pressured by his peers, "We don't approve of your spending more time with those HAC graduates than with than us!"  ;)

Baptist City Holdout said:
Teri in NC said:
I never went to Youth Conference.  :(

We went to the Bill Rice Ranch.

Wait till Raider finds out.

He knows.

When we met, that was one of the first things he asked:  "WHY DOESN'T YOUR CHURCH ATTEND YOUTH CONFERENCE? I COULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE EARLIER."

Teri in NC said:
Teri in NC said:

He knows.

When we met, that was one of the first things he asked:  "WHY DOESN'T YOUR CHURCH ATTEND YOUTH CONFERENCE? I COULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE EARLIER."

So yeah...it is late at night and I am posting just to get to 1000.

If I delete this, does it take away my post count?

Teri in NC said:
Teri in NC said:
Teri in NC said:

He knows.

So yeah...it is late at night and I am posting just to get to 1000.

If I delete this, does it take away my post count?

Since you've quoted it, it will be around for eternity.

Binaca Chugger said:
Teri in NC said:

Stinkin' Liberal.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Was it at youth conference where a guy fell while repelling from the ceiling?

qwerty said:
Yes.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
qwerty said:
Yes.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Need I say that everyone was paying attention, to see if he got up.

They needed to do that once an hour.