Darrell Moore making transition to east coast

myeyesareopen said:
Don't forget, he's a convicted federal criminal, cuz he fired bombed  a KingdomHall in the Romeoville area, or something.

Say what?
Yup, back in his early HAC days...around 94,5 somewhere.

Anishinabe

So that made him an EXCELLENT candidate for a staff position at FBC.  :eek:
Honestly, it seems anyone JS hired / promoted was someone on whom he had some sort of dirt.  Guess so that he could always hold it over their heads.

myeyesareopen said:
Honestly, it seems anyone JS hired / promoted was someone on whom he had some sort of dirt.  Guess so that he could always hold it over their heads.
Hmmm, Kemosabe...you catch on.
So much so, that Exodus 20:16, from the old fff, in defending Jack S.(pronounced 'jackass'), asked me So what did he have on you?  Assuming I had been hired because Jack S had some dirt on me. 
  Brent had been pretty quiet, since the transcripts came out.
Anishinabe

prophet said:
myeyesareopen said:
Hmmm, Kemosabe...you catch on.
So much so, that Exodus 20:16, from the old fff, in defending Jack S.(pronounced 'jackass'), asked me So what did he have on you?  Assuming I had been hired because Jack S had some dirt on me. 
  Brent had been pretty quiet, since the transcripts came out.
Anishinabe
. I have wondered what some of his old FFF staunch defenders are saying/doing now.  I would have to imagine that their disappointment runs a little deeper, simply because they put themselves out there and suspended disbelief on his behalf.

myeyesareopen said:

You bring up an excellent point here. Why did he hire Scott? Why did be hire the Busby's after their admitted struggles? Why was Dave Jorgensen hired after what he had been through? Who else is questionable?

Bravo said:
myeyesareopen said:

You bring up an excellent point here. Why did he hire Scott? Why did be hire the Busby's after their admitted struggles? Why was Dave Jorgensen hired after what he had been through? Who else is questionable?

I think part of his thinking can be found in a few things he said in letters to the victim, namely that he had this overblown desire to step into her life and be the savior (huge paraphrase, but you get the point).  I think his overriding God complex drove him to believe that he could single-handedly be responsible for the rehabilitation of these folks and that it caused him to make some seriously bad decisions.  Well, besides the one he made with the young girl.

I think part of his thinking can be found in a few things he said in letters to the victim, namely that he had this overblown desire to step into her life and be the savior (huge paraphrase, but you get the point). I think his overriding God complex drove him to believe that he could single-handedly be responsible for the rehabilitation of these folks and that it caused him to make some seriously bad decisions. Well, besides the one he made with the young girl.

In Retrospect, I thought it would be interesting to revisit this thread...

Darrell Moore, who had to move to the E Coast, is now living in Texas, working for a different Bible College...
Ken Schaap has started a church in Ohio, which is more of a seeker sensitive church...
Jarod Long helped Ken in Ohio, and has done several podcasts / FB videos that would be described as non-KJO...
Bob Hooker pastors in Tenessee, seems pretty straight...
Scott Gray pastors in North Carolina, probably more of a West Coast / Paul Chappell type ministry...
Bob Marshall took some folks and started a church in Dyer...
Freddy De Anda took 800 people front the FBC Spanish work and started a church, now located in South Holland, more of a contemporary style church...
Christ Tefft is also pastoring, don't know a lot about his work...
Todd Weber took (or "restarted") a church in Michigan, probably more of a seeker sensitive model...

I think whether intentional or not, Bro. Wilkerson has cleaned house of many of those most closely associated with the former Pastor...

Bro Moore, known him several decades, good godly man, one I would trust, loves people, loves the work of God

While I really don't know Moore very well, he has seen many things while at HAC and FBC: The sins of David Hyles, and at the least he saw the changes in Dr. Hyles and what he allowed to go on in 1989, then Jack Schaap. So my question is why is he still on staff? Who could trust a man like that?

Darryl and Sandy were great people while at FBC. They left during the Schaap years and he has a great ministry outside the walls of FBC.

1. He left after John Wilkerson became pastor., probably 3 months into his pastorate

2. "At least he saw the change in Dr. Hyles..." - please elaborate