Daughter is getting married this Saturday!!

kaba

Elect
Reaction score
My second daughter is getting married this saturday to a fine young man!! She is the first child to get married. It has been a very interesting experience. Things have changed since I got married 29 years ago!! A couple observations....People do not look on envelopes to see if it says, "AND FAMILY!!!" and some people are very bold to contact you and ask why they were not invited, or we have had people email my daughter and invited themselves!!! Yesterday my family started to arrive, and most will arrive on Friday. I see my sisters about once every 2 to 3 years, so it will be nice to be together.........looking for sweet revenge-my sisters do not give John Mark an easy time!! :)

kaba said:
My second daughter is getting married this saturday to a fine young man!! She is the first child to get married. It has been a very interesting experience. Things have changed since I got married 29 years ago!! A couple observations....People do not look on envelopes to see if it says, "AND FAMILY!!!" and some people are very bold to contact you and ask why they were not invited, or we have had people email my daughter and invited themselves!!!....

So true. I have gone through two weddings so far, one for my son and the other for my sister-in-law (who is like an adopted daughter). I can say AMEN to the above.

It would great if people today understood a little French.....like RSVP!

For the most part of am calm. Actually I have made very little of the decisions!

I am invited to the wedding............Thank you from the bottom of my heart....I'm bringing tissues also because kaba daughter is a sweetheart...and her future husband was in my sunday school class so kids grow up :)  I'm sorry I forgot to rsvp because I had  a house full of family who just left...my pool will never be the same 8) kaba if you get bored stop by  ;)

Oh my, there is nothing like a wedding in the family!  Bless your heart, I pray all goes well and you have time to enjoy every moment of the festivities.

I'm counting the hours down ........I'll be back and give a full report 8)

Ok I'm back from the wedding it was beautiful............the food was great!!

Hope all went well.

Yep, things sure have changed in our culture, and weddings ain't no different.  Way more shacking up before marriage now, even in some cases amongst professing Christians.  And ya don't hear the traditional vows much now either, no honorin' and obeyin' goin' on I guess.  :-[

Yes our pastor says honor and obey and it was all about Christ............both are very involved in mission work and giving back. Her sister cried coming down the aisle which sent everyone to tears...John Mark made me cry when he gave some words to the groom. The music was all about the Lord...kids do grow up and they do serve the Lord........

Sherryh said:
Yes our pastor says honor and obey and it was all about Christ............both are very involved in mission work and giving back. Her sister cried coming down the aisle which sent everyone to tears...John Mark made me cry when he gave some words to the groom. The music was all about the Lord...kids do grow up and they do serve the Lord........

I had no doubt that kaba's daughter would have nothing but a Christ-exalting wedding ceremony.  Kudos to her.

Thanks Sherry for the kind words!! Wedding went great! Daughter did all the planning so I just got to sit back and relax!!! Had lots of family in, and after the wedding I went on a cruise. So just getting back to work.

Jrchurch-saw some of your family members at the wedding!! Always good to see them.

Jr Church your family was at the wedding and I didn't get to see them..............no fun!!

Thanks for the kind words Alayman!

kaba said:
Thanks Sherry for the kind words!! Wedding went great! Daughter did all the planning so I just got to sit back and relax!!! Had lots of family in, and after the wedding I went on a cruise. So just getting back to work.

Jrchurch-saw some of your family members at the wedding!! Always good to see them.

I'm so happy for your daughter! I love to hear that you enjoyed everything so much.  What a blessing. 

If you need any mother-in-law advice, I can help.  Our daughter, son-in-law and 3 kids have been living with us since March and we are all still on talking terms. ;)