Dave Hyles (again)

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
So I mentioned in another thread that DH had attended the national Sword conference.

One of my Facebook friends had posted a photo of the two of them together and he said the following:

"While on a trip in North Carolina with one of our church men, we attended three evening services of the annual National Sword of the Lord Conference on Revival and Soul-Winning. One of the pleasures for me at the conference was to get to see Brother David Hyles, who has been a good friend and encouragement on Facebook. His dad, Jack Hyles, was my favorite preacher. Brother David's wife, Brenda, took this photo. I thought she did a great job considering the subject matter. smile emoticon:)

After a period of waywardness, Brother Hyles (David) appears to have been on the right track again for some years now, and he has been trying to use his own restoration to encourage others who need the same. I count him as a friend! For any of you who might have a problem with that, I want to remind you that he is no longer out in a far country nor in the field feeding swine, but he is back at the Father's house. Stay outside and pout if you want to, or you can come in and enjoy the Father's celebration of restored fellowship!"

I posted something like this:  "Are the women/families he harmed "restored"?  Can they come to the Sword conference and get their photo taken?  David Hyles did not sin by himself."

The post was taken down within the hour.

Whether Dave Hyles is "restored" or not is not the point.  The point is that this man is glorified, while I'm sure his victims carry the shame and disgrace to this day.

I may be wrong, but I've not heard or read any of his victims saying that Dave Hyles has approached them to make things right.  Isn't it odd that this pastor compared him to the prodigal son?  I've never read that the prodigal son was an adulterer.

Another question I've had is what age was he and his female victims when he was at FBCH?  Is there a possibility he should have gone to prison? 

Well, we'll never know since daddy covered it up.  Daddy was great at covering up the sexual sins of his staff.

It makes me want to puke to see good men fall all over themselves to be associated with this man and call it all good.  His victims have no such luxury.

Twisted said:
So I mentioned in another thread that DH had attended the national Sword conference.

One of my Facebook friends had posted a photo of the two of them together and he said the following:

"While on a trip in North Carolina with one of our church men, we attended three evening services of the annual National Sword of the Lord Conference on Revival and Soul-Winning. One of the pleasures for me at the conference was to get to see Brother David Hyles, who has been a good friend and encouragement on Facebook. His dad, Jack Hyles, was my favorite preacher. Brother David's wife, Brenda, took this photo. I thought she did a great job considering the subject matter. smile emoticon:)

After a period of waywardness, Brother Hyles (David) appears to have been on the right track again for some years now, and he has been trying to use his own restoration to encourage others who need the same. I count him as a friend! For any of you who might have a problem with that, I want to remind you that he is no longer out in a far country nor in the field feeding swine, but he is back at the Father's house. Stay outside and pout if you want to, or you can come in and enjoy the Father's celebration of restored fellowship!"

I posted something like this:  "Are the women/families he harmed "restored"?  Can they come to the Sword conference and get their photo taken?  David Hyles did not sin by himself."

Whether Dave Hyles is "restored" or not is not the point.  The point is that this man is glorified, while I'm sure his victims carry the shame and disgrace to this day.

I may be wrong, but I've not heard or read any of his victims saying that Dave Hyles has approached them to make things right.  Isn't it odd that this pastor compared him to the prodigal son?  I've never read that the prodigal son was an adulterer.

Another question I've had is what age was he and his female victims when he was at FBCH?  Is there a possibility he should have gone to prison? 

Well, we'll never know since daddy covered it up.  Daddy was great at covering up the sexual sins of his staff.

It makes me want to puke to see good men fall all over themselves to be associated with this man and call it all good.  His victims have no such luxury.
Just when some were stating that maybe the reason the HAC FFF is no longer thriving is because there are no scandals going on...........................

fishinnut said:
Just when some were stating that maybe the reason the HAC FFF is no longer thriving is because there are no scandals going on...........................

Is there a  "statue of limitation" on the scandals caused by the sin of adultery?

Obviously many believe so, as long as you are in the process of being "restored".  The victims are cast aside and forgotten as "collateral damage".

Not to do so might affect the offerings.

Twisted said:

I agree with you here twist. At least this pastor O'Niel admitted that there may have been some wrongdoing on Dave's part. That is far more than I have ever heard from any fbc staff members about the situation. Or from Bob Gray or Dave Baker. To paraphrase Huckleberry Finn; In order to get the attention of most christians you have to be a real rapscallion cause it seems those are the ones they like the best.

I'm kind of torn about this - on one hand, I'd like to see him truly get right with God and honor and glorify the King of Kings.

And yet; it seems that all he has done is hide for a few decades before trying to get back in people's good graces.

He should have friends who can help him stay true to God.

Walt said:
I'm kind of torn about this - on one hand, I'd like to see him truly get right with God and honor and glorify the King of Kings.

And yet; it seems that all he has done is hide for a few decades before trying to get back in people's good graces.

No doubt his victims are torn too.

Walt said:

"Hide for a few decades..."

NOT!

1980 -  He was "called" out of Hammond
1984  -  He was kicked out of Miller Road
1990 - 1991 - He was caught in a car in Schererville with an "inner circle" (we don't have those anymore... at least in the last 4.5 years)  Anyway, the woman involved was working at HBJH.... They were common singers @ FBCH... Her son looks remarkably like DH
1991 -  He was featured in Swingers Magazine in Chicago
2003 -  Kicked out of  Pinellas Park Baptist Church (since changed their name) in Florida  (his secretary became a prostitute... was arrested with "Dave's Girl" tattoed on her body...)
20--  - Kicked out of Berean Baptist Church of Orange Park, FL for adultery
20--  - Kicked out of First Baptist Church of Jacksonville, FL

I wish he would lay low for a couple of decades....

Interesting note:

FBCH lost 1,000 members largely because because of Dave Hyles....
Miller Road Baptist Church no longer exists...
Pinellas Park Baptist Church is no longer Baptist... is now Crosspointe Church
Berean Baptist Church has had their buildings repoed.... they are now Immanuel Baptist Church  (they merged with another church, I believe)

Guess what I'm saying is I wish he'd lay low for the next few decades!

WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

1990 - He was caught in a car in Schererville with an "inner circle" (we don't have those anymore... at least in the last 4.5 years)
2003 -  Kicked out of  Pinellas Park Baptist Church (since changed their name) in Florida  (his secretary became a prostitute... was arrested with "Dave's Girl" tattoed on her body...)

Interesting note:

Berean Baptist Church has had their buildings repoed.... they are now Immanuel Baptist Church  (they merged with another church, I believe)

Sounds like a con artist to me.

I asked about this on a different thread and don't believe I got a response. I know Wendell Evan's daughter is very involved in changing the number of years for statute of limitations involving rape. Has Wendell Evans ever spoken about Dave Hyles and his daughter?! If not, he needs to step up.  I think the statute of limitations is 7 years; however, when a victim is a child, they are generally not equipped to divulge things that happened behind closed doors, especially after being abused.

If the abuser wants to repent, do so, but don't profit from it and don't have a retreat where you become the glorified speaker!

It totally sends the wrong message to other predators and to those who suffered by their hands.

I might add.....Duh!!

Twisted said:

My prayer is that the victims are not still carrying shame and disgrace.  I know that there have been years of counselling for victims in similar situations to help them release those feelings.  IT WAS NOT THEIR FAULT.  DH was the adult and in authority.

It is my understanding that DH has never apologized to or for nor admitted guilt of misconduct with teen girls in his FBCH youth group. 

My understanding is accurate...not an opinion.  I know.

His victims were under 18, so yes...he should have gone to jail.  That would have been best for all involved, not to mention the dozens (or more) churches across the country that could have not had to go through identical situations. 

Had DH not been swept under the rug, other churches would not have followed suit when perversion sprung up outside of Hammond.

DH may be sorry.

He needs to tell his victims.

He needs to take out an ad in the Sword of the Lord saying so.

He does NOT need to take on the 'restoration' of others.

Bless his heart.

fishinnut said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

1990 - He was caught in a car in Schererville with an "inner circle" (we don't have those anymore... at least in the last 4.5 years)

Interesting note:

Sounds like a con artist to me.

I'm still shocked and amazed that the HBJHS employee was allowed to keep her job after the car incident, where if it had been two HB students in the car, both would've been expelled.  I'm also still shocked that Tom Vogel either played the "dumb card" or really was misinformed when he first told HBJHS parents that the incident didn't happen, even after copies of the police report were mailed anonymously to many deacons' homes.  This is where so many FBC families realized of major cover-ups and left the church.  It's still so sad.

It sounds like the Catholic priests who are predators.  For decades, all the church did was cover up, move them around and hope it goes away.  Meanwhile, the predators' appetite rages like a hungry lion, and many innocent lambs are told to stay silent. 

Netflix has a very interesting documentary entitled, "Keepers" about this subject. If you can't stomach the evils that are uncovered, watch the last few minutes of the last episode.

One of the boys who was victimized has become a grown man struggling with addiction. He testifies before the present day church officials. They ask him, "What is it you want?" "Do you want money? Do you want a boat?"  With tears and shock on his face, he responds, "No...I don't want a boat. I want my life back."

BALAAM said:
Twisted said:
[size=10pt]So I mentioned in another thread that DH had attended the national Sword conference.

[/size]

I agree with you here twist. At least this pastor O'Niel admitted that there may have been some wrongdoing on Dave's part. That is far more than I have ever heard from any fbc staff members about the situation. Or from Bob Gray or Dave Baker. To paraphrase Huckleberry Finn; In order to get the attention of most christians you have to be a real rapscallion cause it seems those are the ones they like the best.
Staff members from FBC of Hammond have spoken out many times about the "moral failure" of Dave Hyles and the fact he was forced to resign his position. Eddie Lapina, the Moffitt's and others have openly admitted the harm Dave Hyles did and the fact that it was handled poorly at the time. Eddie was a teen at the time and he has discussed publicly, the hurt Dave caused and the lasting damage that was done to many of his fellow teens. He has also spoke out, for many years now, of the lasting damage these events had on the ministries of FBC of Hammond and its members. Many point to this one event as the beginning of FBCH's troubles and its decline.   

Staff members from FBC of Hammond have spoken out many times about the "moral failure" of Dave Hyles and the fact he was forced to resign his position. Eddie Lapina, the Moffitt's and others have openly admitted the harm Dave Hyles did and the fact that it was handled poorly at the time. Eddie was a teen at the time and he has discussed publicly, the hurt Dave caused and the lasting damage that was done to many of his fellow teens. He has also spoke out, for many years now, of the lasting damage these events had on the ministries of FBC of Hammond and its members. Many point to this one event as the beginning of FBCH's troubles and its decline. 
[/quote]
I have been  & am a million miles out of the loop & this is the 1st I have heard that anyone at FBCH has said anything. Glad to hear it finally.

Given his track record, I can't believe Dave Hyles would actually venture out to an ATM, yet alone be seen in a Baptist church.

Growing up at HB, I can recall three brief encounters with him. Once he stared me down for failure to clap during a youth revival service. Another time, he stared me down for being off-key during a youth conference singing rehearsal. A third time, I and a number of classmates were summoned to the church on a Sunday evening. We were in trouble. In one of the upstairs Sunday school rooms, he looked at each one of us individually, each time repeating, "I have enough on you to get you kicked out of school." I recall that when he came to me, he appeared not to recognize me, but he repeating the words anyway. 

Hopefully all of those who he may solicit funds from and support from will say with me, I've got no time for you!

Reminds me of a tune someone wrote for people like him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPX48NpSRvo

WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

1990 - 1991 - He was caught in a car in Schererville with an "inner circle" (we don't have those anymore... at least in the last 4.5 years)  Anyway, the woman involved was working at HBJH.... They were common singers @ FBCH... Her son looks remarkably like DH

Interesting note:

Not a fan of DH but I need some sources on these accounts or it is automatic #fakenews

TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

Interesting note:

Not a fan of DH but I need some sources on these accounts or it is automatic #fakenews
OK.............let me guess. You're 13.........or you just found the internet...............or unless you see it you don't believe it.

fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
WESLEY said:
Walt said:

NOT!

Interesting note:

OK.............let me guess. You're 13.........or you just found the internet...............or unless you see it you don't believe it.

Now, now....a reasonable request.

I too had not heard of any of the 2000+ year events.  Any backup to these claims?

And I was there in 1981 and DH was still there and I'm pretty sure his Swinger issue was before 1991 (but I'm checking a source for that).