David Cloud

subllibrm

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Had a young man explaining to me all that is wrong with contemporary praise music. Needless to say, it was all parroted from David Cloud's manifest on "Guilt By Association." Or something like that.

To the traditionalist, being contemporary and giving praise are anathema. ;)

Hey, he lives in Port Huron. We could go meet him for lunch when you are up this way again!  :D

subllibrm said:
Hey, he lives in Port Huron. We could go meet him for lunch when you are up this way again!  :D

LOL! I lived 30 minutes from him and never had that idea! Now I live 30 minutes from Ruckman (at least until last month).

subllibrm said:
Had a young man explaining to me all that is wrong with contemporary praise music. Needless to say, it was all parroted from David Cloud's manifest on "Guilt By Association." Or something like that.

Does that automatically make it wrong?

Walt said:
subllibrm said:

It doesn't make it an argument with merit.

subllibrm said:
Walt said:
subllibrm said:

It doesn't make it an argument with merit.

Why?  I don't understand this mentality of "Jack Hyles said it, so it must be right" or "David Cloud said it, so it must be wrong" and so on and on.

I can understand that you (apparently) disagree with those who think contemporary praise music is wrong (worldly, ungodly, whatever), but the right answer is to address the issues raised, not just put down the other party.

I respect David Cloud for the research he does; I believe that he works hard at getting his facts correct.  We may disagree with the interpretation he places on the facts, but that's a different matter.

FSSL said:

When you're dealing with a guy who thinks Bill Gaither is "new age", something's a bit off there...

Agent P said:
FSSL said:

When you're dealing with a guy who thinks Bill Gaither is "new age", something's a bit off there...

Well, the term "new age" has various meanings; while Bill Gaither is, presumably, not what the most hard-core CCM people listen to (they probably consider him an outdate old fogey), he has been for decades at the forefront of pushing for the "let's all get together and not worry about doctrine" movement that will welcome the AntiChrist with open arms -- perhaps he will head the one-world church.  Gaither pushes to get along with Rome, whereas they teach a heretical gospel.  He endorses a open, unrepentant homosexual like Marsha Stevens, and when he is called in it, he tries to backpedal.

His style of music appears to be Southern Gospel, but is philosophy is that of the new age.

David's like Mikey. He hates everything.  He'll take a 60 yr old quote from the Big Bopper and pretend it's relevant today.

Jubal Sackett

Jubal Sackett said:
Jubal Sackett

No comment on the thread but you have a great name.  You don't come across it often, up north anyway.  The only other one I've encountered was that of Confederate General Jubal A. Early of Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Wilderness, and Shenandoah fame, among other campaigns.  According to the "Poke my Name" website there are only around 926 people in the United States with that first name.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.  Carry on.

$

Mr. Hall said:
Jubal Sackett said:
Jubal Sackett

No comment on the thread but you have a great name.  You don't come across it often, up north anyway.  The only other one I've encountered was that of Confederate General Jubal A. Early of Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Wilderness, and Shenandoah fame, among other campaigns.  According to the "Poke my Name" website there are only around 926 people in the United States with that first name.

$

Not my real name. Jubal Sackett was the youngest son of Barnabas Sackett in the book series by Louis Lamour. Jubal had the gift of second sight an was called a master of mysteries by the Indians. He left Shooting Creek, NC and traveled west through present day TN via the Sequachie  and TN Rivers. He went down the Mississippi and up the Canadian to the Rocky Mtns. where he settled on a high valley. All of this happens in about 1620 when the land was still wild. I live in TN and have canoed the same rivers as well as explored a lot of the areas Jubal traveled in TN.

Jubal Sackett

Jubal Sackett said:
Mr. Hall said:
Jubal Sackett said:
Jubal Sackett

$

Not my real name. Jubal Sackett was the youngest son of Barnabas Sackett in the book series by Louis Lamour. Jubal had the gift of second sight an was called a master of mysteries by the Indians. He left Shooting Creek, NC and traveled west through present day TN via the Sequachie  and TN Rivers. He went down the Mississippi and up the Canadian to the Rocky Mtns. where he settled on a high valley. All of this happens in about 1620 when the land was still wild. I live in TN and have canoed the same rivers as well as explored a lot of the areas Jubal traveled in TN.

Jubal Sackett

Thinking of changing my name to Yance or Kin Ring.

Jubal Sackett said:

Jubal Sackett

I heard of Louis L'Amour but never read any of his works.  Should have googled it up first I guess.  Oh well:  Still a great name.

$

I happen to like the name / character Tyrel Sackett.

subllibrm said:
Walt said:
...  not just put down the other party.

And where did I put him down?

I implied it from the initial post; I may have misunderstood.  The original post, as I recall stated of the article that it was "parroted" from David Cloud's work.

Sounded like the idea was that any work of David Cloud's had no merit whatsoever.

Jubal Sackett said:
David's like Mikey. He hates everything.  He'll take a 60 yr old quote from the Big Bopper and pretend it's relevant today.

Jubal Sackett

That is the usual argument made against David Cloud (that he "hates everything").

And a 60-year-old quote is not invalid just for being 60 years old.  I know of quotes nearly 2,000 years old extolling the Savior that are still relevant today.