Reaction score
Four different offices?
Three Different offices?
Two different offices?

baptisthac said:
Four different offices?
Three Different offices?
Two different offices?

I have always been taught that the deacon is one office and the pastor, elder, and bishop are one in the same.  I wonder why the NT did not stay with one title?

RAIDER said:
I have always been taught that the deacon is one office and the pastor, elder, and bishop are one in the same.  I wonder why the NT did not stay with one title?

B/c each different title conveys a different aspect of a pastor's work.

Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

You should know by now after being on the fff this long that there is actually no such thing as a pastor!  LOL

Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

That is also what I have been taught.  I wonder if we have any other examples in Scripture of one office being represented by 3 titles?

RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

That is also what I have been taught.  I wonder if we have any other examples in Scripture of one office being represented by 3 titles?

The office of God.

Matthew1323 said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

The office of God.

So you are saying that a preacher is God?  :)

Where I am heading with this thread is questioning how other denominations (and some Baptist) separate these into more than 2 offices.  I wonder what the Baptist churches in the 1800s and early 1900s did?

RAIDER said:
Matthew1323 said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

The office of God.

No, but I believe that God is a preacher. :)

Matthew1323 said:
RAIDER said:
Matthew1323 said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

The office of God.

No, but I believe that God is a preacher. :)

And a preacher is perfect.....

RAIDER said:
Where I am heading with this thread is questioning how other denominations (and some Baptist) separate these into more than 2 offices.  I wonder what the Baptist churches in the 1800s and early 1900s did?

Well, why didn't you tell us this before?

I will now let those that are interested in this subject and far more knowledgeable regarding this important issue proceed with their comments.  :D

Matthew1323 said:
RAIDER said:

Well, why didn't you tell us this before?

I will now let those that are interested in this subject and far more knowledgeable regarding this important issue proceed with their comments.  :D

LOL!

RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

Messiah being Prophet, Priest, and King

Walt said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

Messiah being Prophet, Priest, and King

I am not looking from the angle of the Godhead, but rather from someone in a mortal's office.

RAIDER said:
I am not looking from the angle of the Godhead, but rather from someone in a mortal's office.

My wife is a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, neighbor, citizen, etc. The analogies are endless.

Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:

My wife is a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, neighbor, citizen, etc. The analogies are endless.

I am agreeing with everything being said.  I'm just trying to find another example in Scripture.