Deacon's Meetings with the "Interim Pastor"

WESLEY

Elect
Reaction score
Thread is right up BG's alley :)

Would be interested to hear of any meetings with the deacons and EL during the interim period... Did anyone ever bring up the meetings about him lying to FBCH about JS?

That's a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WESLEY said:
Thread is right up BG's alley :)

Would be interested to hear of any meetings with the deacons and EL during the interim period... Did anyone ever bring up the meetings about him lying to FBCH about JS?

So the deacons of FBCH sat on their hands and let Schaap run the show without trying to change things.  After they saw the mess that transpired they continued to sit on their hands during the interim period.  Would not the interim period have been a god time to discuss the problems from the past?

Always remember BGW is a total yes man until the pastor is either dead or locked up, then he becomes Mr. "this is how it should be done" and "this is what I think should happen".

sword said:
Always remember BGW is a total yes man until the pastor is either dead or locked up, then he becomes Mr. "this is how it should be done" and "this is what I think should happen".
It is called "waking up", by us humans.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

sword said:

I don't agree. Seems to me that BGW has been connecting the dots and the puzzle is taking shape now. It's never too late to start speaking up about injustice or other sins.

Jackie-Boy brainwashed people by his image building and teaching. Just think about how his teaching about "gossip" changed people into sniveling lap dogs. He was a master at mind control. You should have seen him play Coystal for an extra scoop of ice cream when he was in his early 20's! Unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willis Athey said:
sword said:

I don't agree. Seems to me that BGW has been connecting the dots and the puzzle is taking shape now. It's never too late to start speaking up about injustice or other sins.

Jackie-Boy brainwashed people by his image building and teaching. Just think about how his teaching about "gossip" changed people into sniveling lap dogs. He was a master at mind control. You should have seen him play Coystal for an extra scoop of ice cream when he was in his early 20's! Unbelievable!

Well, the 'connecting of the dots' sure came by slooooow freight, say 40 years?

16KJV11 said:
Willis Athey said:
sword said:

Big deal. So now he can't speak about any of it because he didn't figure it out quick enough? If you came to find out that your neighbor had molested kids 40 years ago, I guess you'd just keep your mouth shut because he had fooled you for so long.  If that's your line of reasoning, you need help.

Willis Athey said:
16KJV11 said:
Willis Athey said:
sword said:

Big deal. So now he can't speak about any of it because he didn't figure it out quick enough? If you came to find out that your neighbor had molested kids 40 years ago, I guess you'd just keep your mouth shut because he had fooled you for so long.  If that's your line of reasoning, you need help.

So BGW sits on the deacon board of FBCH for 40+ years.  During Dr. Hyles' time as pastor BGW claims that he knew about a multitude of major issues.  As a deacon he did not speak up.  As a deacon he did not resign.  As a church member he did not leave because of the multitude of wickedness and take his family out of that environment.  So Dr. Hyles passes away.  Schaap now takes over as pastor (probably with BGW's blessing).  He remains a deacon while he claims to have known about a multitude of major issues.  As a deacon he did not speak up.  As a deacon he did not resign.  As a church member he did not leave because of the multitude of wickedness.

While I am glad that BGW is on the FFF and keeps us updated on the current FBCH, here is the issue that many of us have with him.  If he really knew all of the things that he now says he knew, how in the world could he remain right with God and a deacon for all those years?  Keep in mind, we are not talking about a few years.  We are talking about 40 years.  If he did not know all of the things about which he now speaks, I can understand.  He tells stories now that any deacon with common sense walking with God would have left long ago. 

RAIDER said:
Willis Athey said:
16KJV11 said:
Willis Athey said:
sword said:

So BGW sits on the deacon board of FBCH for 40+ years.  During Dr. Hyles' time as pastor BGW claims that he knew about a multitude of major issues.  As a deacon he did not speak up.  As a deacon he did not resign.  As a church member he did not leave because of the multitude of wickedness and take his family out of that environment.  So Dr. Hyles passes away.  Schaap now takes over as pastor (probably with BGW's blessing).  He remains a deacon while he claims to have known about a multitude of major issues.  As a deacon he did not speak up.  As a deacon he did not resign.  As a church member he did not leave because of the multitude of wickedness.

While I am glad that BGW is on the FFF and keeps us updated on the current FBCH, here is the issue that many of us have with him.  If he really knew all of the things that he now says he knew, how in the world could he remain right with God and a deacon for all those years?  Keep in mind, we are not talking about a few years.  We are talking about 40 years.  If he did not know all of the things about which he now speaks, I can understand.  He tells stories now that any deacon with common sense walking with God would have left long ago.

Yep! 

All of you who seem intent on roasting BGW for not standing up to JH or JS, please list all of the FBC members who did stand up. Do you think BGW was the only one who knew things were going on and couldn't/wouldn't/didn't do or say anything? Let me help you:
1. Vic Nischik - look how much scorn he had to endure after revealing what he knew
2. Voyle Glover - literally wrote the book on Jack Hyles. Endured death threats and was shunned by friends he had known at FBC for decades
3. George Godfrey - went from being hailed as the greatest soul winner and teacher at HAC to being a pariah. His home was burglarized and vandalized. His speaking engagements were canceled. Just trying to make a living was a struggle

Face it. A cult is difficult to challenge or even break away from.

Also, while you are ripping BGW for not doing anything, ask yourself; What did I do? My guess is you didn't do or say anything either.

The righteous indignation of the IFB loyalists and the head deep up JH's hiney apologists scorn BG .

"You're not right with God " trump card.

When in fact! They wish they were there to justify all the nasty sins that occurred.

BG. Just know that you are an envied species.

Keep the faith.

Resist the lost naysayers.

After all.

You must be lying.

You spoke against JH and JS.

They're two favorite gods.

Jim Jones said:
After all.

You must be lying.

You spoke against JH and JS.

They're two favorite gods.

One an accused adulterer and the other a convicted paedophile.

RAIDER said:
Willis Athey said:
16KJV11 said:
Willis Athey said:
sword said:

BGW can't win with you guys. He's damned if he speaks and damned if he doesn't. BGW sounds like many people I know and have known at the FBCH gulag. He probably contributes to the ministry there by volunteering. No doubt he works with friends and fellow laborers each week whom he loves like his own. He definitely has family and friends of a lifetime there. His life has been there at that place and he's been part of weddings, baptisms, and funerals there at FBCH over the years. It is a VERY difficult thing to leave a church after 10, 20, 30, or 40+ years. Lots of tentacles and sometimes people decide that the pain isn't worth it--that is a very personal decision. Standing in condemnation of BGW is exactly what the Jacks would do and admonish you to do. Just think, someday Jack Frasure will see you and say, "well done my good and faithful servant"! 

Norefund said:
All of you who seem intent on roasting BGW for not standing up to JH or JS, please list all of the FBC members who did stand up. Do you think BGW was the only one who knew things were going on and couldn't/wouldn't/didn't do or say anything? Let me help you:
1. Vic Nischik - look how much scorn he had to endure after revealing what he knew
2. Voyle Glover - literally wrote the book on Jack Hyles. Endured death threats and was shunned by friends he had known at FBC for decades
3. George Godfrey - went from being hailed as the greatest soul winner and teacher at HAC to being a pariah. His home was burglarized and vandalized. His speaking engagements were canceled. Just trying to make a living was a struggle

Also, while you are ripping BGW for not doing anything, ask yourself; What did I do? My guess is you didn't do or say anything either.

Post of the day.

RAIDER said:
Willis Athey said:
16KJV11 said:
Willis Athey said:
sword said:

Herein lies yet another of the charismatic slogans that you were brainwashed with by Hyles et al:

"Right with God".

I wish you were coming to the assembly where I'm teaching this afternoon, I'm addressing this.

Hyles was as guilty as the Pharisees of adding to the Scriptures.

Willis Athey said:
RAIDER said:
Willis Athey said:
16KJV11 said:
Willis Athey said:
sword said:

BGW can't win with you guys. He's damned if he speaks and damned if he doesn't. BGW sounds like many people I know and have known at the FBCH gulag. He probably contributes to the ministry there by volunteering. No doubt he works with friends and fellow laborers each week whom he loves like his own. He definitely has family and friends of a lifetime there. His life has been there at that place and he's been part of weddings, baptisms, and funerals there at FBCH over the years. It is a VERY difficult thing to leave a church after 10, 20, 30, or 40+ years. Lots of tentacles and sometimes people decide that the pain isn't worth it--that is a very personal decision. Standing in condemnation of BGW is exactly what the Jacks would do and admonish you to do. Just think, someday Jack Frasure will see you and say, "well done my good and faithful servant"! 

His whole family has dedicated their lives to service.
I grew up with his kids, they are solid citizens.

I even had the opportunity to hire one, for a short time, and He, like most HBers, is a tireless and capable worker.

I was slowly waking up, from the time my pastor (JH) said "Jesus never had a beard, my saviour wasn't some hippy".
But I never confronted anyone until JS's 4th year as pastor.
He was, of course, incorrigible and arrogant, and pathological liar, so it did no good.

I called BGW a coward, and He knows it was true.
But, I meant in '89.

He didn't tuck tail and run, or "go away quietly", like we were instructed to do by the Cult boss.

So, he has grown.

Besides, Hyles lured his family in with a set of beliefs that he never really espoused, and changed on a whim from moment to moment.
I'm sure BGW's Dad wouldn't even recognize Hyles' doctrine, at the time of his death.

If you are angry at him, you are still brainwashed.

Study the effects of a cult on its followers, and learn how damaged we all are, and have some empathy, would you?

You HACkers that came for a few years cannot relate, though you try hard.

Examples:
Smellin, BGW, Etc.

We are damaged goods.
Pray for us.
Be patient.
We love the Lord, we just had that love redirected for so long, that we got warped.

Some of us really have served the community, led many to Christ, and given all.

Norefund said:

I was a college student for 4 years and knew nothing of what was supposedly going on.  If BGW knew what was happening and didn't want to cause problems, he could have quietly left.  Let's be real.  You read the multitude of wrong that BGW claims to have known about year after year for 40 years.  Keep in mind, not just one thing that was swept under the rug, but he has a long laundry list.  It makes me wonder what he will be saying about Wilkerson's ministry after he is gone.