Death intrudes. Darkness comes intermittently

W

Winston

Death has intruded into my family's life twice very recently.  Neither one was anticipated.

And when it came, both times, darkness seems to descend over my soul intermittently.

When I stop the pace of life and remember....like right now, a certain longing brings heaviness and a darkness lingers.  One is in the presence of the Lord for certain. The other is probably not.  Though I have studied for years, it seems that all my theology is no help at these times. I know what I believe, there is no doubt.  But my emotions at times are overwhelming, especially for the one who is not with the Lord. 

Death is a powerful enemy. I know it has lost its sting for me, but in other's cases, I grieve heavily.

Life's separations are difficult and I extend my sympathy to you and your family.

This verse (with a pleading emphasis on the first two words) has been a request from my lips to God's throne:

Psalms 51:8  Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

Sorry for your losses. I have not had to experience a deep personal loss yet, but it's probably coming real soon.

Sorry for your losses. May God bring you peace and strength during this time of grief.

Winston said:
Death has intruded into my family's life twice very recently.  Neither one was anticipated.

And when it came, both times, darkness seems to descend over my soul intermittently.

When I stop the pace of life and remember....like right now, a certain longing brings heaviness and a darkness lingers.  One is in the presence of the Lord for certain. The other is probably not.  Though I have studied for years, it seems that all my theology is no help at these times. I know what I believe, there is no doubt.  But my emotions at times are overwhelming, especially for the one who is not with the Lord. 

Death is a powerful enemy. I know it has lost its sting for me, but in other's cases, I grieve heavily.

You are experiencing grief in it's deepest form.  Allow yourself to hurt and feel the loss.  It' helps...and don't wonder how long it takes to get past...cause it takes as long as it takes.  We are all different.

I help facilitate a grief support group and understand how difficult it is.  I'm so sorry for your losses.

Thank you all. If you are a praying person, put in a phrase or two for me. I could use some sleep.