Death of a forum.

Jim Jones

Elect
Reaction score
1.  Let the moderators over moderate.

2. Let the moderators talk about themselves.

RIP

Ok. Packing my bags and looking for a place where I can get some sleep!

JimJones... even those who complain about us still want in! Want proof?!

Ok. I am not going anywhere.

Some claim to have moved on but still knock on our door!

Ransom said:
Area buffoon declares imminent death of the FFF. Film at 11.

Buffoon admin still thinks TV station news programs still use film.

Ransom said:
They never used film. It's a joke, son.

The joke's on you, "son".  Of course they used film.  Simple way to verify is watch the movie China Syndrome.

Film is not used in newer productions but movies are still called films.

Wiki quote
Digital cinema refers to the use of digital technology to distribute or project motion pictures as opposed to the historical use of motion picture film. A movie can be distributed via hard drives, the Internet, dedicated satellite links or optical disks such as Blu-ray Discs. Digital movies are projected using a digital projector instead of a conventional film projector. Digital cinema is distinct from high-definition television and is not dependent on using television or high-definition video standards, aspect ratios, or frame rates. In digital cinema, resolutions are represented by the horizontal pixel count, usually 2K (2048?1080 or 2.2 megapixels) or 4K (4096?2160 or 8.8 megapixels).

As digital cinema technology improved in the early 2010s, most of the theaters across the world converted to digital.[1]

Pretty active thread for a "dying" forum.

BTW: we are having one of our best months this year. We are on track to having 12,000 unique users visiting this forum with nearly 100,000 visits.

bgwilkinson said:

Never ever, thunderbreath?

bgwilkinson said:

http://filmmakermagazine.com/88971-39-movies-released-in-2014-shot-on-35mm/#.V0SOtIf2aHs

Productions that are digital from set to screen are still called films.

Of course 35mm and 70mm will be used for some time for acquisition.