Deaths Of HAC Students

I'm still waiting for the Lord to take me!
Getting tired of this ole' world...

I'm still waiting for the Lord to take me!
Getting tired of this ole' world...
I'm all ready to go,
But you can always tell the old folks, there always ready to board the next bus out of here.
If you want to write your epitaph I'll include it with your post and some additional kind words when the time comes.

Pastor Richard "Bro. Mac" Lee McIntosh (79)

Husband of Judith Rae McIntosh
1632245859985.png
Born: May 7, 1942
Died: September 2, 2021
Richard attended Hyles Anderson College.

Bro Mack was Jim Vinyard's bus director at Windsor Hills before he pastored.

John Edward Smith (56)​

Husband of Stephanie Shepherd Smith
1632246327820.png
Born: January 24, 1965
Died: September 04, 2021

James "Jim" Erickson (65)
Husband of Toni (Barnett) Erickson

James F. Jim Erickson

Born: February 02, 1957
Died: September 22, 2021

Jim was a machinist.
He also served as a Pastor for many years, starting the North Side Baptist Church in Round Lake, Ill, from 1984 to 1986. He then served 18 years as Pastor of the Hope Baptist Church in Pleasant View, MO, 1987 to 2005 before serving as Assistant Pastor at his “Home Church”, Elm Grove Baptist Church, in rural Bonner Springs, KS. 2005 to 2018

He was a 1984 graduate of Hyles Anderson College

I'm all ready to go,
But you can always tell the old folks, there always ready to board the next bus out of here.
If you want to write your epitaph I'll include it with your post and some additional kind words when the time comes.
Unless you go before me!
But if not...
"All of Grace"

Bro. John Hornbeck, Jr. (77)
Husband of Georgie LeeEtta (Porter) Hornbeck
1633100304640.png
Born: July 28, 1944
Died: September 23, 2021
Bro John served the Lord as an Assistant Pastor, Christian school teacher, and missionary to the military around the world.
John served his country, during the Vietnam War, aboard the submarine U.S.S. Salmon.

John Hornbeck had been a good fellow with a good testimony when I knew him at HAC.

Atlee Anderson (80)
Husband of Janet (Evans) Anderson
1633960224316.png
Born: February 13, 1941
Died: October 6, 2021
He earned his Bachelor's and Master's degrees in education at Hyles Anderson College.
He served as a deacon and an usher at First Baptist Church and was a teacher in the Pathfinder department for decades.
He will be missed.

Rae Anne Nickerson
1634229243499.png

Born: August 05, 1977

Died: September 30, 2021

She attended Hyles Anderson on 1997 - 1998

Dr. Bob Auclair passed away in August from COVID
Dick Kennedy passed away on Friday Friday also from Covid
Sheri Laing passed away October 12 from Covid. She lived in Tennessee, but her service will be here at Memory Lane,
Mrs. Elsie Toney who worked for the college for many years passed away September 4
Cindy Lord Briner who was a teacher at HB passed away from Covid
Fred Robinson, brother of Harvey passed away at the age of 59 also from Covid
Marlene Allen, wife of Tom Allen passed away Friday from Covid
Please pray for Dave and Dena Penley. Their daughter is recovering in a skilled facility from Covid and is now having to relearn everything from walking, talking, understanding. She has two children who also need prayers as they miss their mom.

So many of our good people are in Heaven now. Seems like it has hit Northwest Indiana really hard

Atlee Anderson (80)
Husband of Janet (Evans) Anderson
View attachment 2307
Born: February 13, 1941
Died: October 6, 2021
He earned his Bachelor's and Master's degrees in education at Hyles Anderson College.
He served as a deacon and an usher at First Baptist Church and was a teacher in the Pathfinder department for decades.
He will be missed.
Do they know what he passed from?

Sheri Laing passed away October 12 from Covid. She lived in Tennessee, but her service will be here at Memory Lane,
Mrs. Elsie Toney who worked for the college for many years passed away September 4
Please pray for Dave and Dena Penley. Their daughter is recovering in a skilled facility from Covid and is now having to relearn everything from walking, talking, understanding. She has two children who also need prayers as they miss their mom.

So many of our good people are in Heaven now. Seems like it has hit Northwest Indiana really hard
Sadly Covid is real ...Praying for these families.

This thread is not so easy to read.

Dick Kennedy & I were old friends. I think we 1st met & worked together as Sun PM parking lot attendants in 77 across the street. We would wear snow suits & boots & still freeze & only thaw out about half way through the service. We were in fishermen's club for a couple years together. On the few occasions when both our trainees were no shows, we would hit the streets winning souls together. He was a layman & lived with his large family in The Meadows apartments. He & his wife had us over one night for popcorn & laughs. Back when I would stop in at 1st Baptist he would somehow always find me in the crowd & give me a big bear hug. I'm sure he will do the same when I show up in Heaven. A good brother in the Lord.

Robert Auclair
Husband of Nancy Auclair
1634570179053.png

Born: April 3, 1947

Died: August 21, 2021

Bro. Auclair was a graduate of Bob Jones University and was a long time Teacher, Principal & Assistant Superintendent at Hammond Baptist Schools.
He taught at Hyles-Anderson College for 27 years
After leaving the schools, he became editor of “The Voice”, the church newspaper

Richard (Dick) Kennedy (69)
Sharmaine (Beeman) Kennedy
1634570614659.png
Born: August 26, 1952
Died: October 13, 2021

Bro Kennedy was a long time member and Sunday School teacher at First Baptist Church Hammond.

Michael T. Parkman (69)
Born: July 10, 1952
Died: Oct. 14, 2021
Michael Attended Hyles Anderson College.

Laura Ann "Laurie" Congrove (60)

Born: 1960
Died: October 9, 2021
Laurie attended Hyles Anderson in the early 80's

Brother Mark Hawthorne
Husband of Linda Hawthorne
1634649905769.png

Born: December 8, 1961

Died: October 4, 2021

Long time member of first Baptist Church of Hammond.

Charles (Butch) Lail, (81)
Husband of Doris Talladay Lail
1634650526519.png
Died: April 13, 2021
Long time member of First Baptist Church Hammond