Deaths Of HAC Students

sword said:
Tina (Eikelman). Bovenschen (57)
Wife of Harold "Bud" Bovenschen

Born: Oct 1, 1962
Died Nov. 4,2019

She graduated from Hyles Anderson in 1984.

Tina he taught elementary students at Blessed Hope Baptist School in Jasonville, IN for sixteen years.

One of the truly, genuinely sweetest individuals ever ....and so is her precious 20 year old daughter.

Pastor Kirkland "Kirk" George Smith (64)
Husband of Raylene (Longenecker) Smith
1652699947558.png
Born: Jan. 14, 1955
Died: Dec. 4, 2019

Graduated from Southwest Baptist College in Bolivar, MO in 1978
Graduated from Hyles Anderson in 1983 (Pastoral Refresher)

From 1978 to 1983 He pastor various churches in Nevada, Missouri and Kansas.
In 1983 he started Victory Baptist in Lawrence, KS

Last edited:
Danny Mendez' wife Karen Tutton Mendez passed away today, Dec. 12 at 4AM after a long battle with cancer.
Not sure if she is a HAC graduate, but Bro. Danny graduated the same time as myself.
My heart surely is grieved for him.

16KJV11 said:
Danny Mendez' wife Karen Tutton Mendez passed away today, Dec. 12 at 4AM after a long battle with cancer.
Not sure if she is a HAC graduate, but Bro. Danny graduated the same time as myself.
Somehow he appeared on my FB feed mentioning her critical condition (as it was at the time). Don't know that I know him, but so sorry to hear this.

Baptist City Holdout said:
16KJV11 said:
Somehow he appeared on my FB feed mentioning her critical condition (as it was at the time). Don't know that I know him, but so sorry to hear this.
In 1991, Danny was division 5 and I in 12, at the time, we shared the same division leader, so we got to know the division 5 guys well. 
Danny was very heavy set at that time and he didn't have a girl friend and was not married for many years after college.  Finally, the Lord blessed him with a wife, Karen.  I hate to see her go to glory so soon.
But God knows best.

16KJV11 said:
Wow, this is horrible. She was such an amazing person and wonderful friend, always happy and smiling....

Jon Tutton has lost his sister and his brother-in-law in recent days. I pray the Lord grants him Grace during these days.

Karen Tutton Mendez, wife of Danny Mendez and daughter of Ed and Carolyn Tutton. Passed away on Wednesday due to cancer. She also leaves behind a very young son.

Sad to lose another high school classmate - and Ruth VanKley Ossewaarde was one of the sweetest.  (I'm pretty sure she & Don both graduated from HAC - would've have been around 1982?)

http://lairdfamilyfuneralservices.com/obituaries-detail.php?obit_id=4416

Dianne Marie Robinson (63)
Wife of Harvey Robinson
1612371425937.png

Born: Dec 6, 1956
Died: Dec 21, 2019

Last edited:
Least of These said:
Sad to lose another high school classmate - and Ruth VanKley Ossewaarde was one of the sweetest.  (I'm pretty sure she & Don both graduated from HAC - would've have been around 1982?)

http://lairdfamilyfuneralservices.com/obituaries-detail.php?obit_id=4416
Ruth (VanKley) Ossewaarde (61)
Wife of  Donald Ossewaarde

Born: 06-20-1959
Died: 12-16-2019

Pastor Allen Croom Sr.(75)
Husband of Alice (Manley) Croom
1587346480022.png
Died: Jan. 17, 2020

Bro. Croom started and pastored Twin Rivers Baptist Church for 18 years.
Pastor Croom was a US Air force veteran during the Vietnam era

Last edited:
Pastor Lyell Clarence Zickafoose (70)
Husband of Sandra (Osborne) Zickafoose

Born: September 28, 1949
Died : January 17, 2020

Pastor of Stanaford Road Baptist Church in Stanaford, WV, for 43 years.

1582131923615.png

Last edited:
My father-in-law, Eugene Grimes, Jr. passed away this afternoon.

Born: July 30, 1944
Died: March 17, 2020

Survived by wife Nancy Grimes, daughter Carla Grimes Barber and son Max Grimes. He had 4 grandchildren and one great-grandson.

Service plans have yet to be made.

Gene had been fighting Pompe Disease for decades, first being diagnosed in the early 2000s. He succumbed to prostate cancer this afternoon after fighting it for the last 8 years or so.

He attended Hyles-Anderson from about 1982 - 1985.

A man who loved God with all his heart, prayed until his last days and loved deeply and was loved deeply.

My father-in-law, Eugene Grimes, Jr. passed away this afternoon.

Born: July 30, 1944
Died: March 17, 2020

Survived by wife Nancy Grimes, daughter Carla Grimes Barber and son Max Grimes. He had 4 grandchildren and one great-grandson.

Service plans have yet to be made.

Gene had been fighting Pompe Disease for decades, first being diagnosed in the early 2000s. He succumbed to prostate cancer this afternoon after fighting it for the last 8 years or so.

He attended Hyles-Anderson from about 1982 - 1985.

A man who loved God with all his heart, prayed until his last days and loved deeply and was loved deeply.

Sorry to hear this. Will be praying for you and your family.

Linda (Wolfe) Rechlicz (68)
Wife of Frank Rechlicz
1587181891701.png
Born November 22, 1949
Died January 1, 2018

Book keeper at Hyles Anderson College

Pastor Louie Olivarri
Husband of Sally Olivarri

1587182922045.png
Born: May 10, 1943
Died: October 17, 2011

He was Pastor at Rosepark Baptist Church in Holland, MI
He also served as Spanish Pastor at Miller Road Baptist Church and New Beginning Baptist Church in Garland, TX.

He was a U.S. Marines during the Vietnam Era.

Stephen Meister.

From a Facebook post today:

"Sad news. Stephen, Larry’s brother was cutting limbs in a tree yesterday on a ladder. Limb fell knocking ladder out. Stephen fell hit his head suffered massive brain injuries. He is on life support for his organs right now. They will take him off once that is done. We are devastated. Please pray for his wife Lisa. They have 4 adopted children. 5- 15. They just moved to Indianapolis about a year ago. Life is so fragile.
Last night Larry’s little brother Stephen Meister went to be with the Lord. He will be missed every day. He loved the Lord, he loved his wife and 2 sons and he was a wonderful selfless father to his 4 adopted children whom he loved dearly. We are so thankful for all the prayers going out on this family’s behalf."

Psalm 16:8
I know the Lord is always with me I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.