Deaths Of HAC Students

Stephen Meister.

From a Facebook post today:

"Sad news. Stephen, Larry’s brother was cutting limbs in a tree yesterday on a ladder. Limb fell knocking ladder out. Stephen fell hit his head suffered massive brain injuries. He is on life support for his organs right now. They will take him off once that is done. We are devastated. Please pray for his wife Lisa. They have 4 adopted children. 5- 15. They just moved to Indianapolis about a year ago. Life is so fragile.
Last night Larry’s little brother Stephen Meister went to be with the Lord. He will be missed every day. He loved the Lord, he loved his wife and 2 sons and he was a wonderful selfless father to his 4 adopted children whom he loved dearly. We are so thankful for all the prayers going out on this family’s behalf."

Psalm 16:8
I know the Lord is always with me I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. 
I knew him as Stevie when I work in the teenage ministry. I believe he was the pastor of a church in the Joliet Il area for years. Prayer outbound for his family.

Praying for his family!! I remember Stephen from college. He was my facebook friend. God watch over his family!!

Stephen Meister.

From a Facebook post today:

"Sad news. Stephen, Larry’s brother was cutting limbs in a tree yesterday on a ladder. Limb fell knocking ladder out. Stephen fell hit his head suffered massive brain injuries. He is on life support for his organs right now. They will take him off once that is done. We are devastated. Please pray for his wife Lisa. They have 4 adopted children. 5- 15. They just moved to Indianapolis about a year ago. Life is so fragile.
Last night Larry’s little brother Stephen Meister went to be with the Lord. He will be missed every day. He loved the Lord, he loved his wife and 2 sons and he was a wonderful selfless father to his 4 adopted children whom he loved dearly. We are so thankful for all the prayers going out on this family’s behalf."

Psalm 16:8
I know the Lord is always with me I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. 
tragic

Hey Knucklehead.........the info was posted on "The death of HAC grads thread.

In Fishing Nuts defense that post was posted in error.

Never a good idea to post about someone's death in haste.

should have been in the Alumni forum.

As they said about Mark Twain "The rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated?"

As they said about Mark Twain "The rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated?"
Don't you mean "In Twisted's defense"? Good grief.

FISHING NUTS!?1?o_O

Dennis Keith Shields
Husband of Sherry (Cox) Shields
1649336316488.png
Born: Monday August 1, 1955
Died: Friday, July 3, 2020

Attended Hyles Anderson College

Last edited:
John David Trout

Born: March 7, 1987
Died: Friday, Jan. 21, 2011

Son of Pastor Kevin & Mrs. Jean Trout
1594313628617.png

Last edited:
Diane Dumire Short (42)
Wife of Darrin Short

Born: September 25, 1967
Died: April 16, 2010

She earned a masters degree in education from Hyles-Anderson College

Last edited:
Marion Davenport - August 1, 2020

On Saturday, August 1, 2020, Marion Lela Davenport, age 61, of Merrillville, Indiana, transitioned peacefully to Heaven. After growing up in Pontiac, Michigan, Marion attended and graduated from Hyles-Anderson College in Crown Point, Indiana, where she was employed in the admissions office for many years. With a heart for others, Marion was involved in multiple areas of ministry at the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana, including the bus ministry, Sunday school, and the Blue Denim and Lace club for girls. She is remembered by many for her sweet spirit.

Marion was preceded in death by her parents, James and Leona Davenport, and her brother, James Davenport. She is survived by several siblings: Ralph (Julie) Davenport of Davison, Michigan; Sonja (Sonny) Traeger of Loveland, Ohio; Elma Hoffner of Burton, Michigan; Judy Brown of Milford, Michigan; and Donna Martin of Inverness, Florida, as well as a host of nieces, nephews, and cousins.

A memorial service will be held at Memory Lane Cemetery in Crown Point, Indiana at 3 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, 2020. In lieu of flowers, memorials can be designated for student scholarships to Hyles-Anderson College in Crown Point, Indiana.

Olin Noble Race (86)
Husband of Elsie (Houck) Race
1601906485293.png
Born February 20, 1934
Died September 9, 2020

Bro. Race pastored various churches in New York, Pennsylvania, and Indiana for over 56 years.

Alma (Garrick) Cowling (89)
Wife of Dale Cowling

Born April 15, 1922
Died November 24, 2011

Friend and supporter in the early days of Hyles Anderson College

David Atwell (40)
1602764579101.png
Born: JUNE 13, 1980
Died SEPTEMBER 13, 2020

Attended Hyles Anderson College in the late 90's

Pastor Johnny Colsten (86)​

Husband of Elaine L. Colsten
1634651415433.png
Died: Oct 22, 2020
Brother Colsten gave his life to God’s work at First Baptist Church of Hammond. He served on staff for 47 years where he was an Associate Pastor

Last edited: