Deaths Of HAC Students

Gary D. Flenker​

1690392813603.png

Born: MAY 6, 1955​

Died: JULY 13, 2023​

He earned a BS in Education from St. Ambrose University and later earned a masters degree from Hyles Anderson College

He was a retired math teacher at Quint City Baptist School in Davenport, IA.

Al Janney​

Husband of Elinor (Brantley) Janney
View attachment 4368
Born: January 26, 1928
Died: March 18, 2023

Dr. Janney began his education at the Bible Baptist Seminary in Fort Worth Texas and later completed his training at Baptist Bible College in Springfield, Missouri

He held an honorary Doctorate degree from Hyles-Anderson College.

Bro. Janney pastored the New Testament Baptist Church in Miami, FL for 23 years and founded the American Association of Christian Schools.
He would later pastor the Jacksonville Baptist Temple in Jacksonville FL.

Pastor Janney served in the Army during World War II,

I had the joy of seeing him in action for many years. He was the best and knew christian education inside and out.

I don't remember if I posted this when it happened because I was no longer a regular on here but both of my in-laws passed away in 2020. Both had profiles on an iteration of the FFF many years ago (Durango Kid and Wang Fu).

Eugene Grimes passed away March 17, 2020 and Nancy Grimes passed away May 21, 2020.

I don't remember if I posted this when it happened because I was no longer a regular on here but both of my in-laws passed away in 2020. Both had profiles on an iteration of the FFF many years ago (Durango Kid and Wang Fu).

Eugene Grimes passed away March 17, 2020 and Nancy Grimes passed away May 21, 2020.
I remember Wang Fu and her egg flipper...

Smelling coffee good to see you . I loved both Durango and Wang they were so kind and also to fun to talk with..

Good to see you too, Sherry. I wish you the best. I know you've gone through some very hard times and I'm glad you have a support system to help through grief. Blessings to you!

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. Wang was an original! Durango was as well!

Peggy Paulson
Wife of Maurice Harlan Paulson
1691072995562.png

Born: February 3, 1924
Died: June 12, 2023

She earned a teaching degree from Bob Jones University

Maurice and Peggy were missionaries to south Africa for many years.
Peggy's Husband also taught at Hyles Anderson College when he they returned from the field.

William Burr​

Husband of Kristine (Prior) Burr

1691073805301.png
Born: February 16, 1949
Died: July 14, 2023

Bill served in the Navy as a medical corpsman before attending Hyles Anderson College.
Bill earned a degree in degree in secondary education and taught at Oxford Christian Academy in Michigan for many years.

Joseph Leroy Hackett Jr (78)​

Husband of Jeanne Hackett

1691075765185.png

Born: July 12, 1941
Died December 23, 2019

Joe graduated from Bob Jones University Bible Theology, followed with a Master of Education from Hyles-Anderson College.
Joe taught Junior high at Hammond Baptist Schools and would later teach education classes at Hyles Anderson College.

Richard Foster Oar (75)

1691597331625.png

Born: March 30, 1947
Died: July 23, 2023

Mr. Oar attended Midwestern Baptist Bible College, Tri-County Baptist Institute, and Hyles Anderson College.

He was a retired Pastor, a long-time member of First Coast Baptist Church in Jacksonville, FL

William Burr​

Husband of Kristine (Prior) Burr

View attachment 4387
Born: February 16, 1949
Died: July 14, 2023

Bill served in the Navy as a medical corpsman before attending Hyles Anderson College.
Bill earned a degree in degree in secondary education and taught at Oxford Christian Academy in Michigan for many years.
Classmates at HAC. His wife was good friends with my wife.

R. Dean Lang (87)​

Husband of Janice Lang

1696353448322.png
Born: Oct 31, 1935
Died: July 10, 2022

Jessica (Tennant) Earley​

Wife of Brian Surratt
1697637635610.png

Born: August 5, 1979
Died: September 22, 2023

Jesica earned a degree in finance from Hyles-Anderson College

Last edited:

I was wondering about Wang Fu! She was a real hoot at times! She was also a master of the "One Word Post" method of the old FFF!

So, who did she bequeath her egg flipper to? What became of Emmos and Athos?

RIP Wang and Durango!:cry:

Dawn (Pope) Faulkner (62)​

Wife of Charles Faulkner
1697726287961.png
Born: February 4, 1961
Died: May 20, 2023.

Dawn and her husband Charles have served on staff at the Agape Boarding School in Stockton, Missouri for many years.

Last edited: