DEBUNKING the MYTH of the LEFT BEHIND Doctrine

Route_70

Elect
Reaction score
Like most of you I was reared to believe in an event called the ?rapture.? A primary feature of the rapture doctrine is that the saved will be taken out of this world leaving behind the unsaved.

Upon careful scrutiny of the scriptures, it appears to me now, however, that this doctrine is wrong.  The idea that the saved will be taken, and the unsaved will be ?left behind? is exactly opposite to what Jesus taught in the parable of the sower.

?Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.? ~~ Mathew 13:30

?GATHER YE FIRST THE TARES? indicates that at the end of the world, the unsaved will be dealt with first, as explained by Jesus himself:

?He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.  As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.  The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.?  ~~ verses 37-42.

And later in verses 49 and 50, Jesus said:

?So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.?

It seems to me that the idea of the saved being raptured ahead of the unsaved is bogus.

uhk6d.jpg

Route_70 said:
Like most of you I was reared to believe in an event called the ?rapture.? A primary feature of the rapture doctrine is that the saved will be taken out of this world leaving behind the unsaved.

Upon careful scrutiny of the scriptures, it appears to me now, however, that this doctrine is wrong.  The idea that the saved will be taken, and the unsaved will be ?left behind? is exactly opposite to what Jesus taught in the parable of the sower.

?Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.? ~~ Mathew 13:30

?GATHER YE FIRST THE TARES? indicates that at the end of the world, the unsaved will be dealt with first, as explained by Jesus himself:

?He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.  As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.  The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.?  ~~ verses 37-42.

And later in verses 49 and 50, Jesus said:

?So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.?

It seems to me that the idea of the saved being raptured ahead of the unsaved is bogus.

It is dangerous to build doctrine on a single parable alone (at least, that's all that is quoted above).

What if this is talking of another time, say, just before the milennial kingdom is set up?

Jesus promised never to forsake us, and has given us the Holy Spirit to indwell us.  We know from Scripture that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin. It also seems from II Thes that something in the world is hindering evil, and that something will be removed before the utter evil.  I believe that this is speaking of the Holy Spirit - He will be removed from influencing the world when the Christians are removed at the rapture.

Walt said:
It is dangerous to build doctrine on a single parable alone (at least, that's all that is quoted above).

Says who?  And why?

Walt said:
What if ...?

What if?  It is dangerous to build one's doctrine on what the Bible says; but it is safe to build one's doctrine on "what if?"

Do you not see how blind you are?

Route_70 said:
Walt said:

Says who?  And why?

Walt said:
What if ...?

What if?  It is dangerous to build one's doctrine on what the Bible says; but it is safe to build one's doctrine on "what if?"

A form of Pascal's wager.

Besides, the doctrine of hell is used as a weapon to marginalize those "not like us" and create fear in an effort to conform others (especially children) to bend to a particular worldview, regardless of the religious affiliation. I certainly don't believe it is the intent of everyone who believes in hell because it is wrapped in deceit, but I do believe it to be very dangerous. It paints God away from grace and creates an environment of control by those who claim to represent God. When it goes political like the Evangelicals want, it leads to oppression and even capital punishment for believing other religious matters (the deaths of Jesus and Servetus serve as examples).

Hell is a much needed doctrine to keep people in check.

Route_70 said:
Walt said:

Says who?  And why?

Walt said:
What if ...?

I wasn't building doctrine on "What if?" - I was merely pointing out that your view of hell may not be correct - that there are others ways to look at it.

Anyway, as you have made yourself God's judge, I don't know that any human can adequately defend the Almighty.

Walt said:
I wasn't building doctrine on "What if?" - I was merely pointing out that your view of hell may not be correct - that there are others ways to look at it.

Other ways than what the Bible clearly says?

Maybe for those who prefer to ignore the Bible and make their own doctrine.

Why don't you just believe the Bible?

Well..., Thought I'd heard everything....

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

I don?t  believe it either, what Christ is talking about is the end of history and final
Judgement.  The only ?rapture ? I see in Scripture  is the end of history on Earth.
All of the tribulation crowns is worry about what happened in AD 70..