Defining Intoxication

Anchor

Elect
Reaction score
A primary function of the liver is to detoxify the blood, a process which it accomplishes routinely and with utmost efficiency.  One of the toxins that it cleanses from the blood is alcohol. 

Intoxication is "...the point at which alcohol depresses the central nervous system so that mood, physical and mental abilities are noticeably changed."

Would it be fair to state, then, that alcohol intoxication is taking place when the liver is overwhelmed by any amount of alcohol so that it passes the blood-borne alcohol without detoxifying it, thus allowing that alcohol to depress the nervous system at some level?

Anchor said:
A primary function of the liver is to detoxify the blood, a process which it accomplishes routinely and with utmost efficiency.  One of the toxins that it cleanses from the blood is alcohol. 

Intoxication is "...the point at which alcohol depresses the central nervous system so that mood, physical and mental abilities are noticeably changed."

Would it be fair to state, then, that alcohol intoxication is taking place when the liver is overwhelmed by any amount of alcohol so that it passes the blood-borne alcohol without detoxifying it, thus allowing that alcohol to depress the nervous system at some level?

My knowledge of physiology is limited but that sounds like a reasonable conclusion.  I've found that waking up in the gutter is usually pretty solid confirmation that the liver has been overwhelmed and intoxication has taken place.

$

%D1%81%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%B2%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA-%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BD-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%91%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5-544246.jpeg

Nearly everything that enters our blood stream is filtered by either our liver or kidneys. Even water often has impurities that are filtered/processed by either organ.

What is your take on water.

Ah whine, the elixir of the cranky!

praise_yeshua said:
Nearly everything that enters our blood stream is filtered by either our liver or kidneys. Even water often has impurities that are filtered/processed by either organ.

What is your take on water.
Necessary for life; thankful for the systems put in place to remove the toxins from it; glad it is somewhat renewable; etc.

Not sure what the question has to do with defining intoxication, but that is my take on water.

aleshanee said:
i have another picture of kermit tarrying over a another type of intoxicant....... but i figured it might be a little too much to post here..... :eek:

Sad, Kermit can't hold his liquor. Well that answers the question of why he is with Miss Piggy. He must have been hammered when he met her. ??

Recovering IFB said:
aleshanee said:
i have another picture of kermit tarrying over a another type of intoxicant....... but i figured it might be a little too much to post here..... :eek:

Sad, Kermit can't hold his liquor. Well that answers the question of why he is with Miss Piggy. He must have been hammered when he met her. ??

She looks pretty good through the old beer goggles!

aleshanee said:
[size=14pt]safe to say this might qualify.............

What brand of beer is that?  Don't recognize the label. 

$