Dems Must Be Defeated.

It was tongue-in-cheek questioning on my part. Trump never “drained the swamp,” nor do I think he ever intended to. It was just a marketing ploy. He’s an absolute genius at marketing. It took me a few years to learn his schtick, but at least I learned.
He brought some awareness to the problem, but that ain’t the reason his primary constituents are still keeping him well ahead of all rivals. He has a proven track record against the woke insanity and many still remember their investment portfolios and reasonable food prices.

He brought some awareness to the problem, but that ain’t the reason his primary constituents are still keeping him well ahead of all rivals. He has a proven track record against the woke insanity and many still remember their investment portfolios and reasonable food prices.
I remember a slogan from a few election cycles back... "It's the economy, Stupid!"

Never trust polls, my friend. These same pollsters had Hildabeest cleaning Trump’s clock, and several years later, many had Trump kicking Biden’s derrière. Also, despite protestations to the contrary, the economy is not bad. I understand that our egg and gas prices have gone up, inflation is still hanging around, and you can’t go out and buy a house for an unsustainable, unrealistic 3% loan rate, but the bottom line is that next great economic crash that was being touted not only never happened, but to the contrary, overall the economy is humming pretty well. My wife works in the accounting/financial sector, so trust me when I tell you the rich have only been getting richer. ABCaines is right: It’s the economy stupid! There are reasons it seems like the economy isn’t great: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/07/business/us-economy-biden-approval/index.html (I know, I know, it’s CNN…can’t be trusted!)

Never trust polls, my friend. These same pollsters had Hildabeest cleaning Trump’s clock, and several years later, many had Trump kicking Biden’s derrière. Also, despite protestations to the contrary, the economy is not bad. I understand that our egg and gas prices have gone up, inflation is still hanging around, and you can’t go out and buy a house for an unsustainable, unrealistic 3% loan rate, but the bottom line is that next great economic crash that was being touted not only never happened, but to the contrary, overall the economy is humming pretty well. My wife works in the accounting/financial sector, so trust me when I tell you the rich have only been getting richer. ABCaines is right: It’s the economy stupid! There are reasons it seems like the economy isn’t great: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/07/business/us-economy-biden-approval/index.html (I know, I know, it’s CNN…can’t be trusted!)

Maybe I need to move to Florida and witness things operating differently than in Appalachia. I don't need CNN or the Wall Street Journal, I just have to look at my retirement portfolio and recognize that I have the same amount of money in it right now as I did when Trump left office (and my risk averse nature hasn't changed my conservative strategy an iota in that time).

Maybe I have had my head in the sand for 57 years, but I have never seen our country so divided politically, racially, along with the economy so disastrous, and the universal picture so tenuous.
Me and my wife both work 2 jobs apiece, making more money than we have in a long time, and yet just making ends meet.
I'm not complaining, but that's just the way it is.
If I'm like this, I know a lot of others are too.
That's why I think the polling is correct.
A lot of people sick of the downward spiral of our country and an administration that is bent on making it worse.

Maybe I have had my head in the sand for 57 years, but I have never seen our country so divided politically, racially, along with the economy so disastrous, and the universal picture so tenuous.
Me and my wife both work 2 jobs apiece, making more money than we have in a long time, and yet just making ends meet.
I'm not complaining, but that's just the way it is.
If I'm like this, I know a lot of others are too.
That's why I think the polling is correct.
A lot of people sick of the downward spiral of our country and an administration that is bent on making it worse.
Do you believe Trump acted in a manner to unify the country?

BTW, please don’t misinterpret me. I’m NOT saying anyone should vote for Biden. I didn’t vote for him last time and I won’t vote for him this time either. What I’m suggesting is we need to reconcile our political thinking in this country and people need to stop getting duped by our two-party system. We need a minimum of three viable choices, preferably four or five. THEN you’ll “drain the swamp.”

BTW, please don’t misinterpret me. I’m NOT saying anyone should vote for Biden. I didn’t vote for him last time and I won’t vote for him this time either. What I’m suggesting is we need to reconcile our political thinking in this country and people need to stop getting duped by our two-party system. We need a minimum of three viable choices, preferably four or five. THEN you’ll “drain the swamp.”
This is absolute nonsense. A constitutional republic with an electoral college will naturally morph into a two-major-party system.

That he did. But if you don't think he really won the 2020 election, you haven't done your homework.

As far as the "swamp" goes, there never was a swamp.

No.

But there is a large leak in the republic's sewer system caused by a substance known as greedite and it builds up inside the pipes and has slowly produced so much selfishic acid that it has eaten its way through the pipes and leaked violently to the earth underneath the pipes creating a terrible, stench-filled cesspool deep beneath the earth. Unfortunately this terrible leak won't be fixed until the pipes themselves are treated with substances that will counteract the greed known to always be found within the pipes; substances such as lobbyzide and nomorethantwotermszide. Perhaps, a third party or more will help to keep a check on this greed swirling within the pipes but until we accept that this substance is present and put "chemicals" in the pipes to fight it, we will not control the foul cesspool tainting the sweet air of this republic.